U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:13 AM
 
29,859 posts, read 16,521,882 times
Reputation: 13884

Advertisements

See how politicians create racial divides?

 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:19 AM
 
79,548 posts, read 33,842,034 times
Reputation: 15975
Nobody alive had anything to do with slavery. There is an argument that supports DACA that states that we should not punish those who were brought here by their parents for the "sins" of the parent. I fully support that argument.

We also can not blame others for the wrongs that were committed many generations before anyone here was alive.

We should though apologize for the two tiered justice system that many here still support that has done a lot of damage to the black community.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:20 AM
 
14,360 posts, read 15,180,415 times
Reputation: 8400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
See how politicians create racial divides?
They've got it down to a science.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:26 AM
 
29,859 posts, read 16,521,882 times
Reputation: 13884
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody alive had anything to do with slavery. There is an argument that supports DACA that states that we should not punish those who were brought here by their parents for the "sins" of the parent. I fully support that argument.

We also can not blame others for the wrongs that were committed many generations before anyone here was alive.

We should though apologize for the two tiered justice system that many here still support that has done a lot of damage to the black community.
you may point to the state for its war on poverty and war on drugs for the further enslaving blacks...while the rest of us (many who support neither) are asked to bare the guilt of its actions.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:30 AM
 
79,548 posts, read 33,842,034 times
Reputation: 15975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
you may point to the state for its war on poverty and war on drugs for the further enslaving blacks...while the rest of us (many who support neither) are asked to bare the guilt of its actions.
We can say as individuals that we do not support the actions but "we" as a country have.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:32 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
10,116 posts, read 8,140,157 times
Reputation: 4315
Talk about walking into a trap.

Never ever attend an event by any leftist activist.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:32 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,115 posts, read 10,170,283 times
Reputation: 20419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
See how politicians create racial divides?
Yep, divide and conquer. If there was no division we might upend the entire government, and we can't have that.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:34 AM
 
29,859 posts, read 16,521,882 times
Reputation: 13884
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We can say as individuals that we do not support the actions but "we" as a country have.
there's no "we", thats a fictional construct.
If you believe in such a thing you must also believe black people enslaved themselves.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:36 AM
 
79,548 posts, read 33,842,034 times
Reputation: 15975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
there's no "we", thats a fictional construct.
If you believe in such a thing you must also believe black people enslaved themselves.
Blacks have supported the status quo. When we had the BLM protests, Obama was strangely quiet.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:36 AM
 
27,248 posts, read 9,240,126 times
Reputation: 9504
Another self-loathing loon in love with herself = Bipolar X 3 or multiple personality disorder ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top