U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2019, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,840 posts, read 8,845,141 times
Reputation: 6543

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And I pointed out the creepiness of it all. Nothing inconsistent there.
Indeed.

The disgusting part of all this is the following:

She could have talked to her black audience about anything, the skys the limit, the record low unemployment in the black community, small business deregulation, educational opps,, lower taxes, more prosperity...but what does this lame brain idiot think black people only care about? Slavery? And arrogantly assuming that they cant get over it..ridiculous

 
Old 07-16-2019, 08:30 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
11,245 posts, read 6,556,563 times
Reputation: 10838
I really hope she wins the nomination.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 08:31 AM
 
79,548 posts, read 33,842,034 times
Reputation: 15975
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No argument here. What you say is fact, but why should I apologize if I have no control over that? The left has a real need to apologize for everything under the sun. It's the PC thing to I guess.
We do have control over that when we elect our representatives. We do have control when we refuse to speak up. We do have control when our elected officials do not condemn it and we refuse to condemn them.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 08:31 AM
 
12,490 posts, read 9,978,771 times
Reputation: 16150
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No argument here. What you say is fact, but why should I apologize if I have no control over that? The left has a real need to apologize for everything under the sun. It's the PC thing to I guess.
Whom are you voting for?
 
Old 07-16-2019, 08:32 AM
Status: "This space for rent." (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: Columbia, SC
7,410 posts, read 4,492,558 times
Reputation: 8922
Half of y'all had to Goog.... er, Bing Marianne Williamson to find out who she was that you were offended at. SMH
 
Old 07-16-2019, 08:33 AM
 
7,017 posts, read 2,560,001 times
Reputation: 3838
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
This HUUUUGE injustice, crimes against humanity as it is known today, happened. But we should just look the other way as a nation with an Oh well, it is over now. Except it isn't. Without reconciliation there can be no meaningful forward motion.
That's the thing...reconciliation has already occurred. 13th, 14th and 15th Amendment, the last of which was 1870. That's 149 years ago.

In case you haven't been paying attention, a black person has been President of the United States. Two terms and all the trimmings. As of Nov 2008, all things are indeed possible for a person of color in these United States. You can't even retreat to "but not President yet!!"

We are fully reconciled. Have been for some time.

What you seek isn't reconciliation, it's hush money. You can word the rationalization however you like, but in the end, it is pure rent seeking nonsense using a racial rhetoric tantrum to extort cash/prizes from the federal government.

And not to put too fine a point on it, but do a quick calculation of what Affirmative Action has cost since 1975, and the first 44 years of rent payments on national white guilt add up to a pretty tidy sum.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,115 posts, read 10,170,283 times
Reputation: 20422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Half of y'all had to Goog.... er, Bing Marianne Williamson to find out who she was that you were offended at. SMH
She's been a best-selling author for decades. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know who she is.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 08:34 AM
 
12,490 posts, read 9,978,771 times
Reputation: 16150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
That's the thing...reconciliation has already occurred. 13th, 14th and 15th Amendment, the last of which was 1870. That's 149 years ago.

In case you haven't been paying attention, a black person has been President of the United States. Two terms and all the trimmings. As of Nov 2008, all things are indeed possible for a person of color in these United States. You can't even retreat to "but not President yet!!"

We are fully reconciled. Have been for some time.
Then why do black people still face racial profiling? Discrimination in housing and lending?

Quote:
What you seek isn't reconciliation, it's hush money.
I never said one word about money.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 08:38 AM
 
Location: the Sticks
8,855 posts, read 2,529,342 times
Reputation: 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
She's been a best-selling author for decades. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know who she is.
Never heard of her. I read a lot. Maybe I just don't read her types of books. There are many authors I have never heard of and I average 3 books a week.
 
Old 07-16-2019, 08:38 AM
 
625 posts, read 109,758 times
Reputation: 632
Maybe both blacks and whites should apologize for the racial conditions all over the world, or even better, stop talking and thinking about each other. But that won't happen because the two groups enjoy doing what they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top