Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 07:38 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times

Advertisements

Im afraid I would have to have remained seated with my jaw on the floor. I don't owe anyone any apologies for history. I had ancestors that fought for The Union and the Confederacy. My Confederate kin didn't own any slaves. They farmed their own dirt. And they didn't fight for any rich plantation owners right to own slaves. My Union ancestors did not fight to free slaves. And I don't owe anyone any apologies for that. I was a long ways from even being an amorous thought back then.

Really, where does this bilge come from? I who have committed no wrongs need to apologize to those who have never been wronged? Nonsensical platitudes. I'm so fed up with this blather that having been born White makes me a racist sheet wearing goose stepping Hitler humping moron I can't express it in proper English. And all this is just an attempt to garner more votes from a segment of the population.

These leftist loons figure this sort of nonsense will galvanize the Black vote to cast for them, guilt White voters into casting for them and then they have to change up the narrative for Hispanic votes by promising illegals taxpayer funds for all manner of bennies. Trying to buy a voting base with money they don't even have their hands on.

They really think that the American people are insanely ignorant and stupid. To be fair it seems a great many are. It's frightening.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:42 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
'And now I would like the black people to thank the white people for their lost ancestors fighting against slavery during the Civil War.'

I'm sure that was on the agenda, but she ran out of time.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:49 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
She requested and many of those in attendance VOLUNTARILY complied. What’s the problem, Frank?

Old 07-16-2019, 07:52 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,585,304 times
What if some people in the audience are latinos, or asians, or white people whose ancestors did not own any slaves? Do they have to apologize too?

Old 07-16-2019, 07:52 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,180,528 times
I think truth and reconciliation would be a wonderful thing for this country. I don't like the forms proposed as yet. But truth can lead to reconciliation. But there are soooo many people who can't be truthful to save their own lives, let alone our country.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:53 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
She can go pound sand. I haven't wronged any black people personally, why should I have to apologize to some random person for the wrongs of the past that had nothing to do with me directly?

Old 07-16-2019, 07:54 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Im afraid I would have to have remained seated with my jaw on the floor. I don't owe anyone any apologies for history. I had ancestors that fought for The Union and the Confederacy. My Confederate kin didn't own any slaves. They farmed their own dirt. And they didn't fight for any rich plantation owners right to own slaves. My Union ancestors did not fight to free slaves. And I don't owe anyone any apologies for that. I was a long ways from even being an amorous thought back then.

Really, where does this bilge come from? I who have committed no wrongs need to apologize to those who have never been wronged? Nonsensical platitudes. I'm so fed up with this blather that having been born White makes me a racist sheet wearing goose stepping Hitler humping moron I can't express it in proper English. And all this is just an attempt to garner more votes from a segment of the population.

These leftist loons figure this sort of nonsense will galvanize the Black vote to cast for them, guilt White voters into casting for them and then they have to change up the narrative for Hispanic votes by promising illegals taxpayer funds for all manner of bennies. Trying to buy a voting base with money they don't even have their hands on.

They really think that the American people are insanely ignorant and stupid. To be fair it seems a great many are. It's frightening.
I really have to wonder, what in the hell did she hope to get out of this pandering stunt? I mean really? That black people are so simple minded that they will vote for her because she made white people grovel to them?

Old 07-16-2019, 07:55 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
She requested and many of those in attendance VOLUNTARILY complied. What’s the problem, Frank?
Do you understand what an opinion is?

you suppose if williamson or any of the other would-be's who are touting some form of reparations or another get into the seat of power, they'll be just "asking" white people to apologize to black people?
Hell no, the taxman and his guns will cometh and enforce those payments (a.k.a apology) on all. Does that sound voluntary to you?

Old 07-16-2019, 07:56 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I really have to wonder, what in the hell did she hope to get out of this pandering stunt? I mean really? That black people are so simple minded that they will vote for her because she made white people grovel to them?
You got to wonder how many black people are sitting there feeling kind of weirded out by the whole thing.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:58 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Just goes to show how racism is a disease.

The initial host has passed it along to the next and so forth, always with some sort of justification.

The most common justification of course being that someone did it to them so it's ok.

This speaker needs a 12-step program but doesn't think she has a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies