U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM

6,778 posts, read 6,565,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Adding: I was more than a lot disappointed by some very bad treatment to men who also shared their metoo as if women own this problem. It is awful that people who share this cannot be heard.
The problem is people have a hard time feeling sorry for rich/powerful guys, and mostly I don't either. They should know better. Joe-Schmo nobodies like most of us don't tend to have this problem since most of us don't have anything super tempting to offer them in return for sexual access to them. (Although you still have be wary of a sperm-jacking/baby daddy situations...that type of stuff does happen to normal guys).

Okay I've probably triggered the F out of few people here with reality. I will leave this one alone for now and let the metoo party recommence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM

12,295 posts, read 9,916,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
The problem is people have a hard time feeling sorry for rich/powerful guys, and mostly I don't either. They should know better. Joe-Schmo nobodies like most of us don't tend to have this problem since most of us don't have anything super tempting to offer them in return for sexual access to them. (Although you still have be wary of a sperm-jacking/baby daddy situations...that type of stuff does happen to normal guys).

Okay I've probably triggered the F out of few people here with reality. I will leave this one alone for now and let the metoo party recommence.
There are regular, ordinary guys who have suffered assault at the hands of regular, ordinary guys. Claiming metoo got them slammed. This is not good.

Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM

16,630 posts, read 14,098,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Interestingly it is not hard to ascertain the frequency of actual assault and harassment.

Go forth and google, my friend.

Thanks for the link. I will look into it further.

I certainly would not argue that one Brian Banks is enough to shut down the entire conversation around assault and harassment.
Kanin's opinion piece has been discredit as a "scientific study" over and over again. He had no control and indeed did literally nothing to check that policy were actually following their own procedures. In fact the "study" is more aptly termed how many rape accusations are deemed false by police. He did not contact a single woman who made a rape complaint, none of the ones who supposedly recanted not any of the ones who did not. He did not independently corroborate any of the information from the single person who listed whether or not a claim was labeled "false".

Old Today, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Kanin's opinion piece has been discredit as a "scientific study" over and over again. He had no control and indeed did literally nothing to check that policy were actually following their own procedures. In fact the "study" is more aptly termed how many rape accusations are deemed false by police. He did not contact a single woman who made a rape complaint, none of the ones who supposedly recanted not any of the ones who did not. He did not independently corroborate any of the information from the single person who listed whether or not a claim was labeled "false".
Good to know. Thanks.

Old Today, 08:47 AM

4,285 posts, read 1,583,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Sorry folks....women are not entitled to only be hit on by those they want to be hit on by.
We're entitled to not get hit on AT ALL. That's the point you and your ilk are refusing to see.

And no, I'm not going to "live with it." I'm asexual and not looking for a relationship. You hit on me, you better be wearing earplugs and have your running shoes on, because you won't have a clue what kind of blowback will be coming your way. I don't like strange men trying to get in my air space.

Old Today, 08:48 AM

4,656 posts, read 2,934,575 times
how does one experience a hashtag?

Old Today, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
how does one experience a hashtag?
And another plug my ears. I aint gonna hear you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or