U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2019, 08:19 PM
 
Location: NY
3,881 posts, read 991,427 times
Reputation: 2250

Advertisements

The world is like a fruitcake.
It would not be complete without a few nuts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2019, 08:29 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,768 posts, read 16,850,253 times
Reputation: 26311
Not all men are rapists, and that's the issue that I have with the #metoo movement. They act like all men are, or they say that all men are. No, they are not.

I am a female. I've had my share of being followed, being propositioned, the verbal abuse - jfc the verbal abuse is definitely something that happens to most, if not all, females.

It doesn't mean that all males do it, but it does mean that most if not all females have definitely had their share of disgusting, repulsive comments, strangers coming up to them and on to them - not in a nice, classy way, but a disgusting way, males getting upset when you turn them down, when I lived in Miami, it was the "sssssssssssss" thing I got a lot - are they snakes? WTH is that "sssssssssssss" crap?

Thus far, however, I've never been assaulted like that because I don't cower. I don't show fear in the way that some guys expect females to show fear. My fear manifests itself in anger. And I will say something. I will confront if I feel that uneasy.

Some moron doing that "sssssssssss" thing is just something that I ignore and carry on with myself as if I didn't hear it. They literally do not know if I heard it or not. Some chowder head yelling some stupid ish from their car as I walk down the sidewalk is something that I ignore, so they have no idea if I heard it - and usually when it's done when they are driving by, I don't have a clue wth they just said. All I hear is: "ALKLKNDdnneklewooae......." Kind of cracks me up when idiots do that. Do they really think we can understand what they just said when they drive by and shout something?

But if I'm propositioned, which happened to me in Maine with a repairman who came by, I do not cower. I told him to leave, and then I called my landlord and she fired him from the job, telling him exactly why.

I was propositioned once at a bus stop while waiting for the bus to go home after work. Some ahole snuck up behind me, in the dark. That's what unsettled me - because I'm typically very much aware of exactly what's going on around me, and that pos snuck up from behind me where there was a treeline and bushes. When he propositioned me, I roared back at him with a few choice words that city data doesn't allow me to type. It stopped him in his tracks. I was not easy prey for him.

They don't get to see fear in my eyes, the way they expect. They get to see anger, and I send the message that I'm going to fight and make their life a living f-en hell if they try it. Thus far, no one has disbelieved that.

Comments, remarks - whatever. Consider the source. Screw them, who cares, go on with life and move on. They don't matter.

Yes, these types of things happen to many if not all females. NO, it is NOT "all men".

And let's not forget the false accusers who destroy - literally destroy a male's life in the process of their accusations. Even after the man is found not guilty of anything, even when the evidence shows that he didn't do anything at all, their life is destroyed, while the false accuser gets what? NOTHING. NOTHING happens to them.

If something happened, say it when it happens. Stop this BS of "I was too ashamed", you fricken go to the police and you say it. If the #metoo types actually give a crap about other females, then they need to stop being weak about it and say something so that the person is stopped and it prevents other females from falling victim to the scum. I have zero empathy for those who don't want to say jack squat for 20, 30, 40 years. NO. You had all that time to say something, you didn't. I don't view those people with any sympathy whatsoever. Too chicken chit to say anything at the time that could have helped other females not encounter the same thing by the same person, IF it's even true.

If the #metoo movement wanted to be something really strong and really worthwhile, they would harshly condemn those who lie. They should call out the liars. They don't have any problem calling out some male they think abused someone, but are silent when a liar is found out - call those liars out. Each and every one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM
 
12,237 posts, read 9,905,449 times
Reputation: 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Little girls will begin to experience what MeToo is all about while they are still children. So yes, MeToo is about caring about children, too.
My daughter certainly did. Her first stalker was when she was 12. But no, that stuff does not really happen. It is all just lefty snowflake whining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:20 AM
 
12,237 posts, read 9,905,449 times
Reputation: 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Not all men are rapists, and that's the issue that I have with the #metoo movement. They act like all men are, or they say that all men are. No, they are not.
They don't "act like" all men are rapists. This is a distraction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM
 
12,237 posts, read 9,905,449 times
Reputation: 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Right. Figure when the 30-something year old man who looked like my Dad pinned me against a wall when I was 12 and stuck his tongue down my throat, I cried because he just wasn't "attractive" enough?

Posts like this say to women who have experienced certain things:

"I don't believe that men actually do anything wrong, sexually, towards women."
"I mean, Rape...is it even a thing? Let's ask men what they think..."
Kinda part of the problem. MEN have to agree somehow what is "bad enough"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM
 
12,237 posts, read 9,905,449 times
Reputation: 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
That sounds like rape, or an attempted one at least.

That is not how it normally goes down between men and women though. It's more akin to a high stakes negotiation than a hostile takeover.
Here is what metoo is about. It is about helping people understand that it IS how things go down OFTEN. That Is It.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM
 
12,237 posts, read 9,905,449 times
Reputation: 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Hm. There's something rather amusing about someone that I presume to be male (Am I wrong?) telling me how it normally goes down between men and women. I've got quite a lot of experience in how it goes down, thanks.

Indeed, thankfully, your typical everyday sexual encounter is not a consent violation. Whew! That's gotten out of the way. But see it's a far cry from that, to saying that it just isn't a thing and it simply doesn't happen. Not every woman has been raped, but I'd say a tremendous majority of us know one who has, at the least. Personally I would not call the incident I described, a "rape" but it was a consent violation, which I appreciate as a more broad term. I have been on both sides of consent violation. The violated, and the violator. In my life history. But it's what, a couple of instances among thousands of instances of otherwise consensual sex?

The problem that women are damn tired of, is rather similar to the question of police brutality. All cops are not bad, I am sure of it. I've had great experiences with police, including once when my life was saved. But when something goes down, and your odd police officer, high on his own power, does something that is considered a CRIME if anyone not in a uniform does it... Even if there is the clearest evidence in the world, his people circle the wagons, he gets a paid vacation, he does not go to prison. A cop could be on video committing cold blooded murder of an innocent family and there is no way in hell he'd get the penalty that anyone else would. And if there isn't good evidence of what was done, no one accusing one will be believed.

Never mind feminists, I don't like using the word because people can't even agree on what it means. Renders it pointless for me. But women, and male victims, and men who have compassion for human beings who have been abused by others, decent human beings who are not bullies or trolls basically...understand that this was NEVER about saying that men are all a bunch of rapists, or ruining men. It was always about the problem that when a rape occurs, getting justice for it is next to impossible, in fact you'll be damn lucky if your life is not destroyed far more from reporting.

But hey. Guys who look at it and jump on board "Team Men Can Do No Wrong" and it just tells other people who they are. I hope that the women in their lives are listening, that's all I can say.
Can anyone give me amen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM
 
12,237 posts, read 9,905,449 times
Reputation: 15859
One thing to note, @Sonic_Spork is that in my opinion, prosecution of false accusation across all of law enforcement is problematic. Men are the overwhelming victims of this in family court. I don't know that gender plays a role in any other type. But once false reporting is established with prosecutable evidence, prosecute it should be. Across the Board. I think that is a huge failure of our judicial system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM
 
12,237 posts, read 9,905,449 times
Reputation: 15859
Interesting perspective

The man behind the viral quote - Jackson Katz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,768 posts, read 16,850,253 times
Reputation: 26311
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
They don't "act like" all men are rapists. This is a distraction.
My post is not a "distraction" no matter how much you want to pretend that there aren't females out there who say "all males are rapists". You know damn good and well that there's a lot of them, so stop the nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top