U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 17 days ago)

9,644 posts, read 3,687,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
But an important note about those men who are scared to death of women. Gonna tell you, they are often the ones who feel entitled to the sex they aren't getting and will do some awful stuff when no one is looking.
Men who feel entitled to sex are dangerous. There is no entitlement for a man to have sex with anyone. If he's unattractive or socially stunted, he needs to work on self-improvement first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM

58 posts, read 16,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Not all men are rapists, and that's the issue that I have with the #metoo movement. They act like all men are, or they say that all men are. No, they are not.

I am a female. I've had my share of being followed, being propositioned, the verbal abuse - jfc the verbal abuse is definitely something that happens to most, if not all, females.

It doesn't mean that all males do it, but it does mean that most if not all females have definitely had their share of disgusting, repulsive comments, strangers coming up to them and on to them - not in a nice, classy way, but a disgusting way, males getting upset when you turn them down, when I lived in Miami, it was the "sssssssssssss" thing I got a lot - are they snakes? WTH is that "sssssssssssss" crap?

Thus far, however, I've never been assaulted like that because I don't cower. I don't show fear in the way that some guys expect females to show fear. My fear manifests itself in anger. And I will say something. I will confront if I feel that uneasy.

Some moron doing that "sssssssssss" thing is just something that I ignore and carry on with myself as if I didn't hear it. They literally do not know if I heard it or not. Some chowder head yelling some stupid ish from their car as I walk down the sidewalk is something that I ignore, so they have no idea if I heard it - and usually when it's done when they are driving by, I don't have a clue wth they just said. All I hear is: "ALKLKNDdnneklewooae......." Kind of cracks me up when idiots do that. Do they really think we can understand what they just said when they drive by and shout something?

But if I'm propositioned, which happened to me in Maine with a repairman who came by, I do not cower. I told him to leave, and then I called my landlord and she fired him from the job, telling him exactly why.

I was propositioned once at a bus stop while waiting for the bus to go home after work. Some ahole snuck up behind me, in the dark. That's what unsettled me - because I'm typically very much aware of exactly what's going on around me, and that pos snuck up from behind me where there was a treeline and bushes. When he propositioned me, I roared back at him with a few choice words that city data doesn't allow me to type. It stopped him in his tracks. I was not easy prey for him.

They don't get to see fear in my eyes, the way they expect. They get to see anger, and I send the message that I'm going to fight and make their life a living f-en hell if they try it. Thus far, no one has disbelieved that.

Comments, remarks - whatever. Consider the source. Screw them, who cares, go on with life and move on. They don't matter.

Yes, these types of things happen to many if not all females. NO, it is NOT "all men".

And let's not forget the false accusers who destroy - literally destroy a male's life in the process of their accusations. Even after the man is found not guilty of anything, even when the evidence shows that he didn't do anything at all, their life is destroyed, while the false accuser gets what? NOTHING. NOTHING happens to them.

If something happened, say it when it happens. Stop this BS of "I was too ashamed", you fricken go to the police and you say it. If the #metoo types actually give a crap about other females, then they need to stop being weak about it and say something so that the person is stopped and it prevents other females from falling victim to the scum. I have zero empathy for those who don't want to say jack squat for 20, 30, 40 years. NO. You had all that time to say something, you didn't. I don't view those people with any sympathy whatsoever. Too chicken chit to say anything at the time that could have helped other females not encounter the same thing by the same person, IF it's even true.

If the #metoo movement wanted to be something really strong and really worthwhile, they would harshly condemn those who lie. They should call out the liars. They don't have any problem calling out some male they think abused someone, but are silent when a liar is found out - call those liars out. Each and every one of them.

So far the best post i've seen. Thank you for the reasonableness.

And what's worse with these accusers who come out about these very public men the men have been in the public eye for decades. Very much reachable, they meet the public all the time. they weren't some men who the women never seen before or did this to them in another country and went by another name or something.
They make movies, tv shows, commercials, run campaigns around all these other women and sometimes children yet none of thatmoved them to come out even then? So it is VERY understandable why people keep asking the same question of how and why they took so long to speak out and the accusers stay silent for THAT long and then come out 40-50 years later(ie. Cosby) trying to sob all over tv and act tough trying to get the guy now after doing nothing for a whole generation. ...What??!?!

Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM

13,605 posts, read 7,435,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post

A recent one ? Very recently ? Just three days ago, by three boys (18/20?) telling me I should try that as I was "still" (at age 44) acceptable and would "do" me as a favor.

Asked them if we should bring a fourth as otherwise it might not be fun seeing their willies and suggested the mother of the “leader” to come as I licked her just the day before.
Are you serious?!

Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM

1,094 posts, read 442,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Are you serious?!
That I did ? Their mother? Of course not. Said it ? Of course yes. That it is what made them flee.

Shows how they view women, no ? Every one of them (in the group of cowards) except if they think of their mother....

Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM

11,916 posts, read 7,336,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaKK View Post
So far the best post i've seen. Thank you for the reasonableness.

And what's worse with these accusers who come out about these very public men the men have been in the public eye for decades. Very much reachable, they meet the public all the time. they weren't some men who the women never seen before or did this to them in another country and went by another name or something.
They make movies, tv shows, commercials, run campaigns around all these other women and sometimes children yet none of thatmoved them to come out even then? So it is VERY understandable why people keep asking the same question of how and why they took so long to speak out and the accusers stay silent for THAT long and then come out 40-50 years later(ie. Cosby) trying to sob all over tv and act tough trying to get the guy now after doing nothing for a whole generation. ...What??!?!
What gets me is how people do not understand how and why a woman would choose not to report. Whether they change their minds later or not.

Let's take Cosby. In the place of a woman who was just assaulted by him, you're going to think, during his heyday as one of America's favorite TV dads, first off maybe you are the only one. No one will believe you. You'll get your name dragged through the mud and called a liar. And anyone who is on his side, which will be oh...everybody...is going to go on the attack. You've just been traumatized and you are not feeling mighty and strong and you're supposed to go (in today's day and age...back then rape kits weren't even a thing, so it would be he said/she said) to cold hospital environment and let strangers get all up in your deal and inspect your business right after somebody violated you there? And for what? To be stood up in front of the world and called not only a liar, but probably a...well...pejoratives for "easy woman" as well. What about the court case where an underage girl's lacy underwear were held up in front of a crowded courtroom as evidence that she was some kind of heinous lying sex fiend. Everything you wear, everything you drink, everyone you interact with, everywhere you go, will be picked brutally apart in order to prove that you're nothing but lying trash.

Right, I've just been traumatized, so sure sign me right up for that.

Not to mention those people close to you who may believe less of you for having had sex that mayyybe wasn't rape....? From a teenage girl's parents who will treat her like a prisoner in her own home "for her own safety" perhaps to the ruthlessness of one's school peers joking about it, to an adult woman's spouse who might think she simply cheated.

And if...IF...you muster the courage nowadays to come forward, about a rape, any rape, but especially someone famous, let's say it just happened, let's say you got a rape kit done, let's say there were EYEWITNESSES who can testify that you were incapacitated or forced... Every misogynist on the world wide web is gonna be after you and your family, AND even if your attacker is ruled to be guilty, the sentence will be likely next to nothing. Oh, and they'll get out of jail and maybe come after you. Oh, and if you're pregnant they can probably even sue for custody or visitation.

Tons of reasons to decide, "You know what...maybe I'll just keep quiet and try to deal with this."

But in the case of the famous men, you don't get the option to try and forget about it when their faces are everywhere, broadcast at you all the freakin' time. And maybe one day a woman decides that, "Ya know what, the heck with this. I'm gonna speak the truth no matter how hard it is." You can't put a finger on the day that a woman suddenly feels empowered or that she's got nothing left to lose. Maybe others have come forward and she feels safer if she's not standing there alone. I know that in the case I mentioned of the singer and the woman posting on the Mom blog, she'd had enough of her close friends wearing patches with the guy's band name, and talking to her about going to see the shows, and even booking that band to play local events. She was trying to say, "If you care about me, if we are friends, I'm gonna need you to try and keep this outta my face." But somebody grabbed the story and it went viral, and then every loser fan of that crap band had to slam her like she was looking for attention or something. That was the last thing she wanted. She just wanted it to go away, but nobody would LET that happen.

Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM

22,779 posts, read 16,854,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I know what I know. I don't know whom you see saying this. All women are false accusers now but all men are not rapists? Of course that makes no sense. There are all kinds of people in the world. And that some of them have a lot of anger at men, I have no doubt.

That is not what the metoo movements was about.
You "know what you know" but don't see anyone saying that? REALLY? Then you are NOT paying attention, at. all.

And for the love of all that is right in this world, re-read what I said, and do not put words into my mouth. I did not say "all women are false accusers", did I? Please point out in my post where I said that.

If you are not interested in having an actual conversation, and instead wish to resort to strawman arguments, let everyone know now. I'm not playing that stupid game with you.

Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM

13,605 posts, read 7,435,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You "know what you know" but don't see anyone saying that? REALLY? Then you are NOT paying attention, at. all.

And for the love of all that is right in this world, re-read what I said, and do not put words into my mouth. I did not say "all women are false accusers", did I? Please point out in my post where I said that.

If you are not interested in having an actual conversation, and instead wish to resort to strawman arguments, let everyone know now. I'm not playing that stupid game with you.
It has been quite evident OP is not interested actual discourse based on the troll thread title and followed by patent dismissal of any comments that do not support her agenda.

Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM

12,268 posts, read 9,910,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It has been quite evident OP is not interested actual discourse based on the troll thread title and followed by patent dismissal of any comments that do not support her agenda.
None of the posts have any merit. Yours included.

Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM

16,624 posts, read 14,094,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
That sounds like rape, or an attempted one at least.

That is not how it normally goes down between men and women though. It's more akin to a high stakes negotiation than a hostile takeover.
See that is YOUR experience. Most of us who are women are telling you that many if not most of us have an experience in our history similar to that of the woman you quoted. Not everyone of our experiences are like, and if you had paid even the slightest bit of attention you would realize no one said it is. But the fact that any 30 yo man thinks its ok to assault a child, and you counter that with a "Wah dating is hard" story are examples of exactly why #metoo needs to exist.

Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM

16,624 posts, read 14,094,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I've had a couple of women kiss me without my consent. The trauma!! METOO!!!!!

The laws are changing in most states now - consent violation IS rape now. There is no force requirement in many states.
You had a 30 yo adult woman physically pin you to a wall and try to force herself upon you when you were a child? I call BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or