U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM

453 posts, read 131,135 times

Advertisements

They should’ve let a jury decide whether the cop committed any crimes. Our country is horrible when it comes to transparency for alleged police misconduct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
How little you know. First off it is protocol. Second he was not dead at that point. Even if he was dead the cops still have to search him. It is protocol.
Cops like this ^ are part of the problem. Everything is always an “us versus them” mentality. They will side with the cop 100% of the time no matter what the circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM

7,989 posts, read 2,316,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user491 View Post
They should’ve let a jury decide whether the cop committed any crimes. Our country is horrible when it comes to transparency for alleged police misconduct.
judge and jury proponent huh? Interesting idea comrade.

Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,700,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Of course he won't be charged. Is anyone surprised? Cops are above the law in this country. They are allowed to kill citizens without consequence, as we see time and time and time again. Nothing changes. This decision is just more of the same.
Yep
No surprise here.

Years ago a man had a gas can explode in his car and crawled out of the car with third degree burns all over his body. Cops show up and command him to lay on the hot pavement while they wait for the ambulance. Naturally, he refused so they tasered him and the pain from hitting his burns sent him into a frenzy, so they shot and killed him.

They were never charged either because they said they feared for their safety.

After that incident and many others, it made me realize cops could kill anyone and get away with it.

Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Funny I am white and I have not been arrested over 30 times in my life. Actually I have never been arrested. But you see that has nothing to do with the color of my skin but has to do with the fact that I follow the law. I does not matter what your skin color is. What matters is that you are a good person who does not commit crimes!
That is because you are a cop and fellow cops do not arrest each other.
There are videos of cops off duty driving recklessly in their truck, pulled over by another cop, off duty cop flashes his badge and goes on his merry way.

Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I was not aware citizens have the right to physically resist when it comes to LE.
Seems to me resisting is more likely to have an unfavorable outcome for the resister.
People should have the right resist under reasonable circumstances such as in attempted rape by cop or having all your clothes burned off and covered with third degree burns and told to lay down on a hot pavement. Those are scenarios that actually happened.

Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
The concept of "Resisting arrest" is too loose now. You can be considered resisting arrest for nearly anything you say or do. I could literally be putting on the handcuffs myself but I say "This is BS and I want you badge..." while doing it, the cop might get a hissy fit and say I resisted. Its the Cops word vs yours and unless your a Cop or Judge, or Billionaire, that charge will stick and no one will believe you. You think a Jury or Judge will believe a citizen over a Cop, NOPE.
There are videos of people with handcuffs on, behind their backs and the cops beating them while shouting you are resisting.

Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Still tried to charge them, so you proved that Cops will stretch the truth to get that extra charge. Guess we all need to wear our own body cameras to be completely covered.
Many cops turn their cams off just before they deal out their own version of justice. Those cams should not have the ability to be powered off by cops.

Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Comply or die, right?

Amazing that so many people think like this.
Land of the free lol
Makes for good war propaganda though.
Lets create more laws and throw in another patriot act while we are at it.

Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM

14,271 posts, read 11,664,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
He was seemingly resisting arrest, because he was in a choke hold and cops all around, and no one helping, Eric to breathe, kind of hard to resist arrest, when you can't breathe. He had asthma, ever known anyone with asthma? Their airwaves close up.

How many people have died in the past, before cameras were recording. Bad cops have been around as long as I can remember. They sure make the good cops look bad.

I don't know if cops get mean and uncaring because of what they have seen in the past, or they are just mean and cruel and think they can get by with torturing what could be innocent people?

Again, there are more good cops than bad. Just really an ugly situation, that Eric had all bad cops surrounding him. JMO

"More good cops than bad." mmmm. Perhaps this theorized "good" majority are not on the take, prone to be a tad...rough..in arrest, and such. However one little thing has the tendency to make all cops "bad". An that, yes ladies and gentlemen, is the "blue line." Or blue wall if you prefer. The famous "code of silence" is a big part of this. "Good" cops will still look the other way and lie to protect "bad" ones. Whether it is seeing a fellow officer take money from a drug dealer or witnesses overt excessive force in an arrest all "brother officers" are expected to maintain the code and remain silent or cover with falsehood.

When was the last time we heard tell of a law enforcement officer, detective whatever standing up and calling out the corruption? Frank Serpico? Ritchie Rollins? Things worked out for Rollins in the end but how did things work out for Serpico? Cops who speak up or refuse to cover are taking their lives in their hands. I've often asked myself when I see a guy who works in LE driving a 70,000 dollar truck, a top of the line boat or a hot pair of wet bikes in the garage of their seriously nice home and other things , and their wife is a grade school teacher making about maybe the same amount they do how they afford such lavish living.

I lived on such an income between my former wife and I and there was just no way we could have afforded such a lifestyle. Soooo, were they just in debt up to their gills or was there another factor there. And this was in a small town, but, there is a huge problem with drugs around there. And there is LOTS of cold hard cash involved. I know a few of the city and county cops there and they all live extremely well for the area. Makes me wonder how things are in big urban areas.

LE has it's ...issues. Always has. But these days there is more side money to be had, copious amounts, all in untraceable cash, and this is seen as a perk of the job. A cop who does not like that has two choices. Quit LE as a career, or say something and stay which will wind up being quite hazardous to their health.

And we regular citizens are caught in the middle of this business. (sigh)

Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM

10,731 posts, read 2,742,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW;55717932[B
]People should have the right resist under reasonable circumstances [/b]such as in attempted rape by cop or having all your clothes burned off and covered with third degree burns and told to lay down on a hot pavement. Those are scenarios that actually happened.
Yes, definitely.

I think the entire law enforcement field needs to be seriously reevaluated and set up different, example, police are supposed to be the ones protecting citizens rights, but in reality, they are instead supporting things that take rights away ( this means they are no longer serving the interest of the people).

A couple other examples are the drug war and gun laws, I read recently police in OH were officially against a move to no longer require licensing for conceal carry, police spokeperson actually stated that while they respected citizens rights, this would just be too potentially dangerous for officers!!! LOL

On the drug issue, law enforcement takes a tough stance, they oppose most legalization efforts (even though drug laws are unconstitutional by design), many officers take this almost personally, they are very aggressive in finding and arresting drugs, dealers, etc!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies