Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2019, 10:10 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times

Advertisements

I looked at it as a health care worker and it was pathetic. The guy was basically murdered, his air supply cut off (and he's yelling this 11-12 times) and no one is stopping this. Over cigarettes? Wow, this was absolutely one of the worst cases I've seen of obvious brutality with no just cause. He wasn't a murderer or rapist trying to flee the crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 10:13 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I looked at it as a health care worker and it was pathetic. The guy was basically murdered, his air supply cut off (and he's yelling this 11-12 times) and no one is stopping this. Over cigarettes? Wow, this was absolutely one of the worst cases I've seen of obvious brutality with no just cause. He wasn't a murderer or rapist trying to flee the crime.
Given his size and his health, he couldn't have fled if he wanted to. Which makes this murder, pure and simple.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:16 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Garner was not a model citizen.
He was being pursued for selling cigarettes.

He said 11 times he can't breathe.

I'm not sure death by choking is the appropriate punishment.
You know if you say you can't breathe you can actually breathe. You can't speak unless you can breathe. Even after he was cuffed and sitting up without a single cop on him he was still speaking. He wasn't choked to death. He died because he was a fat slob who has asthma, diabetes and heart problems.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Nothing was going to stop police from making that arrest over those EVIL cigarettes!! LOL

Now we can all sleep easier, knowing police got this dangerous criminal off the streets!!

Old 07-17-2019, 02:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
It's not "right", but out on the street, in the middle of your arrest is not the safest time to try to prove your point.

You can't say "I told you so/I was right", or spend any settlement money, if you're dead.
Where should he prove his point? On Judge Judy?

If this keeps up, there will be retaliation....one for one. It’s goijg to happen, and a lot of people are advocating for it.

African Americans saw Cliven Bundy turn his guns on federal officers, refuse to comply, and walk away clean. That told me all I need to know.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:16 PM

2,070 posts, read 892,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
I wonder how he feels knowing he can murder?

W/his Napoleon Complex, probably much bigger than he actually is, since, in real life, pantalones is nothing but a little runt who jumps a man from behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJkYg4MRyfA

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You know if you say you can't breathe you can actually breathe. You can't speak unless you can breathe. Even after he was cuffed and sitting up without a single cop on him he was still speaking. He wasn't choked to death. He died because he was a fat slob who has asthma, diabetes and heart problems.

Link?

Old 07-17-2019, 04:07 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Where should he prove his point? On Judge Judy?

If this keeps up, there will be retaliation....one for one. It’s goijg to happen, and a lot of people are advocating for it.

African Americans saw Cliven Bundy turn his guns on federal officers, refuse to comply, and walk away clean. That told me all I need to know.
In the media and in the courts afterward. You (rhetorical "you", not you specifically) dying in an attempt to prove your point seems, well, counterproductive, to be polite.

I would have zero interest in being a martyr, personally.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:14 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Police need to be stripped of some of their authority, this would solve a lot of the problems immediately.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:16 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Police need to be stripped of some of their authority, this would solve a lot of the problems immediately.
Examples?

Old 07-17-2019, 04:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They need to understand what their authority is and we need stiff penalties when they exceed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies