Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 07:56 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

Oh please.

This dude had 30 prior arrest and still didn't understand how to handle cops. The guy was an idiot who somehow was able to reproduce 7 times with a newborn being his latest child. How exactly was he supporting a family of 7 selling loose cigarettes?

You don't want to get hurt via cops; just follow their command, become mute and request a lawyer when you get to the precinct.

Also, for all those saying "loose cigarettes is not a serious crime" i am guessing you would be ok with this guy selling loose cigarettes in-front of your home and would be ok with the people that it will attract.. right??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 07:57 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Stopping a police officer from violating your civil rights is not breaking the law. It is the police officer breaking the law. I have the legal right up to and including lethal force in stopping someone from violating my civil rights.

He was standing around on the sidewalk. I saw this mentioned the other day so I will not claim it as mine. This shows where the government is willing to kill you over a violation no matter how petty. That's the system you support? Are you a big authoritarian government type of guy?
Get inside this ^ part of your brain and apply the logic & morality equally across the board.

Then we don't have to fight as much.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:00 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Stopping a police officer from violating your civil rights is not breaking the law. It is the police officer breaking the law. I have the legal right up to and including lethal force in stopping someone from violating my civil rights.

He was standing around on the sidewalk. I saw this mentioned the other day so I will not claim it as mine. This shows where the government is willing to kill you over a violation no matter how petty. That's the system you support? Are you a big authoritarian government type of guy?
They didn't kill him, his health and actions killed him.

I support a law based society, one where you get your day in court, unlike most other countries where they behead you or throw you off the tops of buildings, or where the cartels torture you to death and then murder your family.

If you feel your civil rights are being violated by a cop, go ahead and try using lethal force on that cop and see what happens. You'll be on CNN for a day as they mention another crazy person who confronts the cops and loses.

I'm am much more happy because I obey the laws set forth in the country I chose as a home. Funny thing was, when I was breaking the law on a daily basis, I hated cops, wished for anarchy, and I was completely miserable. Now I'm quite happy just doing my thing.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Get inside this ^ part of your brain and apply the logic & morality equally across the board.

Then we don't have to fight as much.
I defend my positions.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
They didn't kill him, his health and actions killed him.

I support a law based society, one where you get your day in court, unlike most other countries where they behead you or throw you off the tops of buildings, or where the cartels torture you to death and then murder your family.

If you feel your civil rights are being violated by a cop, go ahead and try using lethal force on that cop and see what happens. You'll be on CNN for a day as they mention another crazy person who confronts the cops and loses.

I'm am much more happy because I obey the laws set forth in the country I chose as a home. Funny thing was, when I was breaking the law on a daily basis, I hated cops, wished for anarchy, and I was completely miserable. Now I'm quite happy just doing my thing.
Those who marched for Civil Rights "lost" many times.

I'm generalizing here but I find many who supported the cops jumping Eric Garner over nothing being the same people that defended Cliven Bundy (I supported Bundy also). Why do you suppose that is?

Bundy used guns to defend himself and was found not guilty.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:06 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Nothing was going to stop police from making that arrest over those EVIL cigarettes!! LOL

Now we can all sleep easier, knowing police got this dangerous criminal off the streets!!
Right. How they could justify it is beyond understanding. I think the cops got all revved up on their adrenaline and went too far. He wasn't a risk to anyone.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Those who marched for Civil Rights "lost" many times.

I'm generalizing here but I find many who supported the cops jumping Eric Garner over nothing being the same people that defended Cliven Bundy (I supported Bundy also). Why do you suppose that is?

Bundy used guns to defend himself and was found not guilty.
You do realize this guy had 30 arrest under his belt. After that amount of experience, a person should have some sort of rapport with cops.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
You do realize this guy had 30 arrest under his belt. After that amount of experience, a person should have some sort of rapport with cops.
Almost every arrest was over minor crap. Are you another big government authoritarian supporter also? It matters none how many arrests you have, you still possess your civil rights here.

Cliven Bundy had many run ins with law enforcement also. Should the government have simply killed him when he confronted them?

Old 07-18-2019, 08:23 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
I defend my positions.
Have principles, not positions.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Almost every arrest was over minor crap. Are you another big government authoritarian supporter also? It matters none how many arrests you have, you still possess your civil rights here.
What about self responsibility?? 30 times arrested and not changing his way. "At the time of his death, Garner was out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession and false impersonation.

Read Newsmax: 11 Facts About the Eric Garner Case the Media Won't Tell You | Newsmax.com
Urgent: Do you approve of Pres. Trump? Vote Here in Poll
"

The dude had 7 kids and was selling loose cigarettes to sustain that family. Also, the business that he was standing in front called the cops on him. Would you be ok with a guy selling loose cigarettes in front of your home/apt complex???

Again, if you are arrested 30 times then you should have a lot of experience in how to interact with cops, what to say, not say, etc.

The cops placed him under arrest and he resisted. He was not physically fit to engage in a confrontation with cops.

https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/er...t_nbr=t1halapm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies