U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 09:20 PM

2,880 posts, read 619,515 times

Advertisements

Maybe it was an employee showing his co-workers that he knows how to tie a noose.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:28 AM

37,005 posts, read 16,134,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Geez ... brush up on your sarcasm skills, eh?
A claim was made. I asked for PROOF to back up the claim.

Sorry if it offends you, NOT!

Old 07-17-2019, 04:38 AM

5,562 posts, read 8,912,065 times
Did people conducting lynchings use the hangmans noose? Doubtful since its purpose is to humanely kill someone by breaking their neck first. I doubt many lynchers were concerned with being humane.

I suspect these women tied the knot themselves in order to exploit an opportunity. I don't know what they expect to get out of it though. I see no damage done. If the mere sight of something is grounds for a successful lawsuit we are in big trouble as a nation. (I am suddenly going to be triggered by everything!)

Old 07-17-2019, 05:25 AM

19,233 posts, read 12,250,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Did people conducting lynchings use the hangmans noose? Doubtful since its purpose is to humanely kill someone by breaking their neck first. I doubt many lynchers were concerned with being humane.

I suspect these women tied the knot themselves in order to exploit an opportunity. I don't know what they expect to get out of it though. I see no damage done. If the mere sight of something is grounds for a successful lawsuit we are in big trouble as a nation. (I am suddenly going to be triggered by everything!)
I agree- it sure smells like another hoax. Some evidence will turn up that they in fact concocted this hoax in an effort to extort money from HD.

Is there ever one of these events that is real? I can't remember when the last "sensationalistic" type story turned out not to be a hoax.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:33 AM

20,814 posts, read 10,079,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Maybe it was an employee showing his co-workers that he knows how to tie a noose.
I thought of this or the possibility that an employee was showing a customer. Those knots are used for other purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

The rest of us know a joke (not a claim) was made. Let it go already.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:37 AM

17,935 posts, read 8,921,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I wonder why the libs were not apoplectic and "triggered" when all the libs were hanging Sarah Palin in effigy? Did not that noose and a body hanging from a chimney disturb them then???

I wonder if they were disturbed when the lib "comedian" had displayed a beheaded Trump?

Libs are so two faced hippocrites.
Or George W. Bush? He was hung in effigy all over the place, and also lit on fire! They weren't triggered then. Now a piece of rope in a hardware store where they SELL rope is RACIST! She just wanted attention and the BIASED "woke" MEDIA gave it to her. Morons.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:46 AM

6,142 posts, read 3,488,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

You are clearly incapable of recognizing sarcasm, or admitting when you don’t get a joke. Just admit it and move on, rather than attempt this silly hard line bit.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:58 AM

11,705 posts, read 4,005,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I agree- it sure smells like another hoax. Some evidence will turn up that they in fact concocted this hoax in an effort to extort money from HD.

Is there ever one of these events that is real? I can't remember when the last "sensationalistic" type story turned out not to be a hoax.
I don't think there were many lynchings in Wimington in Delaware of all places.

It's hadly the deep south.

There are old gibbets and hangman's nooses all over the UK, indeed the Prospect of Whitby Pub in London has one.

British pubs with a dark history - Telegraph

Old 07-17-2019, 07:17 AM

3,904 posts, read 993,624 times
Stop the Hysteria...............
For all intensive purposes the noose came to infamy when 38 Dakota Indians were hung in Minnesota back in the 1862.
Known as the Dakota Uprising and the Dakota 38 , it was the largest mass hanging in all of US History consisting of men,
woman and children (signed off by President Abraham Lincoln) fortunately sparing 264 other participants despite threats of
mob violence and intense pressure of the masses.

Sounds of Crickets.......... .................. ...............

Old 07-17-2019, 05:11 PM

5,244 posts, read 3,645,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Stop the Hysteria...............
For all intensive purposes the noose came to infamy when 38 Dakota Indians were hung in Minnesota back in the 1862.
Known as the Dakota Uprising and the Dakota 38 , it was the largest mass hanging in all of US History consisting of men,
woman and children (signed off by President Abraham Lincoln) fortunately sparing 264 other participants despite threats of
mob violence and intense pressure of the masses.

Sounds of Crickets.......... .................. ...............
Maybe Minnesota could talk Montgomery, Alabama into sharing a little space at their new museum and avoid any negative publicty.
https://museumandmemorial.eji.org/memorial
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or