Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 04:10 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,132 times

Advertisements

Seeking a vacation fund I reckon.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:21 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
In reality a 13 loop hangmans noose is far more symbolic of old Western justice than of lynchings by night riders and such targeting Blacks. It wasn't very often they took the time to actually braid a noose. They just whipped out a simple half hitch slip knot and called it good. They seldom if ever took the time to braid an actual hangmans noose unless they had someone available who knew how to do it and did it well ahead of time.

However in the old West public hangings were always done with a proper noose. There is a reason it is braided the way it is. It is designed to break the neck when the victim is dropped from a height. Lynchings just killed via strangulation. No need for a proper hangmans noose.

So these women should be more triggered by a simple slip knot. Or possibly a lariat.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:32 PM

43,093 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
In reality a 13 loop hangmans noose is far more symbolic of old Western justice than of lynchings by night riders and such targeting Blacks. It wasn't very often they took the time to actually braid a noose. They just whipped out a simple half hitch slip knot and called it good. They seldom if ever took the time to braid an actual hangmans noose unless they had someone available who knew how to do it and did it well ahead of time.

However in the old West public hangings were always done with a proper noose. There is a reason it is braided the way it is. It is designed to break the neck when the victim is dropped from a height. Lynchings just killed via strangulation. No need for a proper hangmans noose.

So these women should be more triggered by a simple slip knot. Or possibly a lariat.
They don't know any better. It's from watching movies.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:57 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,243,553 times
Quote:
Delaware State Police said a customer came forward and took responsibility for the noose. The customer says they were shopping for ropes and simply tied the rope because they are currently building a canopy for a customer who requested different types of “rope knots” as decoration. The customer said there was no racial motive behind the noose.

Activists, though, aren’t buying it.

“I don’t believe that this fella was on a job. If he was, he was on the wrong job doing the wrong thing. We need to know his name. He needs to be made known and he needs to be charged with a hate crime,” one activist said.
Maybe if this person took a deep breath and stopped with the hysteria he/she would come to the realization that rope knots are indeed a thing and some people do indeed use them as decorations. Some seafood restaurants do this to keep kids entertained while they wait for their meals, does this mean the restaurants need to be doxxed and shamed because someone ran to a news source claiming they were "traumatized"? No, no it does not.

This sort of outrage is not healthy. You don't "need to know" this persons name, and you also can't wildly assume they were "doing the wrong job" because, you're just wildly assuming things.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:07 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
They planted the rope there themselves. Bet on it.

Just a money grab from professional victims.
Yep, that's their business model. Hurt feelings, complain racism, sue, settle. Next job.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:15 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

In many of the poorly done hanging the man choked to death over the course of 15-20 min.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:53 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
OK, if it was something like the noose having the caricature of a Black person near the noose, I agree with the outrage. If not, don't be so easily offended.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:17 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
OK, if it was something like the noose having the caricature of a Black person near the noose, I agree with the outrage. If not, don't be so easily offended.

You must be looking for a reason to be outraged, because that sentence doesn't even make sense.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:32 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Seeking a vacation fund I reckon.
I'll say.

And the more I read about those two dunces, and watch them on video, the angrier I get. Those two created a scene, started screaming and cursing at the manager, who quickly cut the rope--after which they continued to scream and curse at him.

It's bad enough that someone in a professional capacity has to kowtow to the likes of those two banshees, and be ordered around by them. But flipping out over a freakin' knot? They're a little "touched," I'd say.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:42 PM

43,093 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I'll say.

And the more I read about those two dunces, and watch them on video, the angrier I get. Those two created a scene, started screaming and cursing at the manager, who quickly cut the rope--after which they continued to scream and curse at him.

It's bad enough that someone in a professional capacity has to kowtow to the likes of those two banshees, and be ordered around by them. But flipping out over a freakin' knot? They're a little "touched," I'd say.
NVPlumber should have been there to tell them that was a wild west hanging knot not a slave hanging knot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies