U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM
 
454 posts, read 557,171 times
Reputation: 528

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Democrats will use any means to seize power and install one party rule, just like they did in California. That state has become a third world country in many ways with a huge divide between rich, and poor, and the middle income earner is LEAVING.
Exactly. Their end goal is Authoritarianism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM
 
24,098 posts, read 12,658,814 times
Reputation: 7737
Biggest concern for me with any President, is the precedent setting methods of running the country without Congress & the Senate.

If you aren't concerned now because you support this President it shows your blind loyalty, lack of concern for integrity in political processes.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM
 
3,405 posts, read 989,808 times
Reputation: 2061
all the democrat candidates....are a frigging clown show

a old man jumping around like he's 12, a gay baptist preacher, retired American indian, a fortune teller, crazy wild haired old hippy, a bobble doll......on and on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM
 
864 posts, read 416,706 times
Reputation: 2756
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Biggest concern for me with any President, is the precedent setting methods of running the country without Congress & the Senate.

If you aren't concerned now because you support this President it shows your blind loyalty, lack of concern for integrity in political processes.'
“Running the country” — ?? If nothing else, the election of Donald Trump has shown that the federal government is now on autopilot, the President has little control over what it does day-day. We live in a post-Constitutional era and the President is much like the Queen of England, a ceremonial figurehead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM
 
16,742 posts, read 4,401,221 times
Reputation: 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
“Running the country” — ?? If nothing else, the election of Donald Trump has shown that the federal government is now on autopilot, the President has little control over what it does day-day. We live in a post-Constitutional era and the President is much like the Queen of England, a ceremonial figurehead.
Unfortunately, unlike the UK, the POTUS has stripped and ran off any decent people who used to run the institutions and keep things going in a basic manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:20 AM
 
16,742 posts, read 4,401,221 times
Reputation: 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Democrats will use any means to seize power and install one party rule, just like they did in California. That state has become a third world country in many ways with a huge divide between rich, and poor, and the middle income earner is LEAVING.
Do you have something against the Will of the People?

Hasn't the GOP controlled Texas for a couple decades? Alabama? MS? and so on and so on.

Is Utah going to adopt a two party system?

You really have to come up with something better then "Americans voted for certain people". That's not going to float.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM
 
10,062 posts, read 2,477,022 times
Reputation: 4995
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltforSin View Post
Exactly. Their end goal is Authoritarianism.
This is the most ironic post of a thread filled with irony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Eureka CA
8,488 posts, read 11,292,142 times
Reputation: 12971
Not as much as I dread another four years of Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM
 
14,122 posts, read 9,620,660 times
Reputation: 4610
They are all bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM
 
864 posts, read 416,706 times
Reputation: 2756
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Unfortunately, unlike the UK, the POTUS has stripped and ran off any decent people who used to run the institutions and keep things going in a basic manner.
Nonsense, the rank and file bureaucrats are still doing as little as possible, and spending more money each year to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top