U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2019, 03:22 PM
 
26,866 posts, read 17,390,759 times
Reputation: 10585

Advertisements

Quote:
Saudi school textbooks teach violence, anti-Semitism, ADL report says
“The U.S. cannot look the other way while Saudi Arabia features anti-Semitic hate speech year after year,” the ADL's CEO said.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/s...t-says-n938316
So please explain why Trump loves them.

The Saudis butchered a journalist alive but Trump defends them.

17 of the 19 suicide terrorists of 911 who slaughtered 3000 Americans were from Saudi but yet Trump praises them.

And his son-in-law obviously benefitted from the cozy relationship...

Jared Kushner and the triumph of Saudi Arabia
https://www.ft.com/content/90d98374-...c-42459962a812
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2019, 04:19 PM
 
50,764 posts, read 26,790,111 times
Reputation: 15911
Saudi Arabia is ALL bad. There isn’t a single redeeming quality about Saudi Arabia. Nothing.

We should be embarrassing to be their lackeys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 04:54 PM
 
1,124 posts, read 175,813 times
Reputation: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So please explain why Trump loves them.

The Saudis butchered a journalist alive but Trump defends them.

17 of the 19 suicide terrorists of 911 who slaughtered 3000 Americans were from Saudi but yet Trump praises them.

And his son-in-law obviously benefitted from the cozy relationship...

Jared Kushner and the triumph of Saudi Arabia
https://www.ft.com/content/90d98374-...c-42459962a812
Oil and biggest purchaser of US weapon. Every US administration is in bed with the Saudis. Trump is no different than his previous predecessors.

Of course you already know this, but orange man bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Florida
3,437 posts, read 939,254 times
Reputation: 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So please explain why Trump loves them.

The Saudis butchered a journalist alive but Trump defends them.

17 of the 19 suicide terrorists of 911 who slaughtered 3000 Americans were from Saudi but yet Trump praises them.

And his son-in-law obviously benefitted from the cozy relationship...

Jared Kushner and the triumph of Saudi Arabia
https://www.ft.com/content/90d98374-...c-42459962a812
Ever heard "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"?

And mind you, all the Presidents have been very friendly with the Saudis every since they found their black gold. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if one of those Presidents made a deal with Saudi for some of their residents to fly planes into the WTC so he can use it to get the American people riled up to go back to Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 04:59 PM
 
15,419 posts, read 4,076,388 times
Reputation: 11130
Arming the country that is out to both destroy you and buy you....is not a good idea.

Many of these threads ask "what is wrong with capitalism?".

Well, you have your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 05:19 PM
 
5,305 posts, read 2,703,898 times
Reputation: 3543
They literally grease the engine of capitalism with their grease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 05:20 PM
 
1,124 posts, read 175,813 times
Reputation: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Arming the country that is out to both destroy you and buy you....is not a good idea.

Many of these threads ask "what is wrong with capitalism?".

Well, you have your answer.
I donít care who is going to be the next POTUS.

No POTUS is going to stop dealing with the Saudiís. You are talking about billions of dollars in oil and weapon sale, and who knows how many American jobs at at risk if we stop dealing with the Saudis. Not to mention the Saudis are keeping not-so-friendly-to-Americans middle eastern countries in check.

The Saudis have us by the nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 05:25 PM
 
50,764 posts, read 26,790,111 times
Reputation: 15911
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Ever heard "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"?

And mind you, all the Presidents have been very friendly with the Saudis every since they found their black gold. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if one of those Presidents made a deal with Saudi for some of their residents to fly planes into the WTC so he can use it to get the American people riled up to go back to Iraq.
The Saudis would sell us the oil no matter what. They can either sell the oil or drink it, and oil isnít potable last I remember.

Weíre being played for fools by the Saudis, and itís high time that we put an end to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 06:13 PM
 
1,440 posts, read 824,268 times
Reputation: 2201
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Saudi Arabia is ALL bad. There isnít a single redeeming quality about Saudi Arabia. Nothing.

We should be embarrassing to be their lackeys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Saudis would sell us the oil no matter what. They can either sell the oil or drink it, and oil isnít potable last I remember.

Weíre being played for fools by the Saudis, and itís high time that we put an end to it.
...you are absolutely right and, I completely agree...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 06:16 PM
 
4,634 posts, read 910,368 times
Reputation: 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So please explain why Trump loves them.

The Saudis butchered a journalist alive but Trump defends them.

17 of the 19 suicide terrorists of 911 who slaughtered 3000 Americans were from Saudi but yet Trump praises them.

And his son-in-law obviously benefitted from the cozy relationship...

Jared Kushner and the triumph of Saudi Arabia
https://www.ft.com/content/90d98374-...c-42459962a812
Per the NBC News article you linked, the opening paragraph said:
Quote:
Textbooks for high school students in Saudi Arabia promote hatred against Jews, Christians, women, homosexual men and other Muslim sects despite repeated promises to return the country to a more moderate form of Islam, according to a report released Tuesday.
Christianity and Judaism are not exactly religions of peace either seeing as they have had their share of violent episodes throughout their histories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top