U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:26 AM

19,172 posts, read 12,234,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
These narcissists knew exactly what they were doing with this social media photo.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/couple-ki...091634355.html

Naughty-

I only hunt wild pigs anymore, as they have it coming.

Why in the world would someone want to kill a beautiful animal like that?

I allow others to hunt deer and turkey on my farm, as they need to be thinned out. The hunters do not waste anything and use the meat to feed their families. That is far different than a trophy hunt- I never understood that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:29 AM

21,448 posts, read 19,328,093 times
I wish someone would shoot them, too.
I find it odd when such scum goes to other continents to shoot animals there. And I find it odd when Africans allow that, their pockets are deep and empty I suppose.
I don't even like lions, stupid beasts, but it is a matter of principle.

Old Today, 10:30 AM

63 posts, read 6,295 times
Can someone explain to me where the term "Trophy Hunter" came from?

It takes zero guts to hunt an animal. Zero.
You arm yourself, you sneak in very quietly (you don't want to give the animal a fighting chance), then you shoot it before it even has the chance to see you.
Nothing about that is trophy worthy, for ****s sake.
If I ran up behind an old man and punched him in the back of the head and knocked him out should Golden Boy Promotions award me with a championship belt?
If a hunter went into the forest, unarmed, and fought and animal and killed it with their bare hands THAT would deserve a trophy. "Game Hunters" or "Trophy Hunters" are just cowards.

Old Today, 10:31 AM

11,089 posts, read 4,876,068 times
They're from Alberta...of course.

Old Today, 10:35 AM

1,528 posts, read 1,244,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I find it odd when such scum goes to other continents to shoot animals there. And I find it odd when Africans allow that, their pockets are deep and empty I suppose.

Unfortunately, the world has ignored African countries and they are not exactly loaded with money.

Old Today, 10:51 AM

7,030 posts, read 4,974,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
They did it legally. Thus I donít care.

So you're good with Abortions
Trans people using the bathroom of their identity
You support that Immigrants should be let into the country until they have a hearing
You're OK with Sanctuary Cities
Youre OK with ACA as it was written and passed
You don't care that Trump gets shot down by the SCOTUS damn near every time he opens his mouth?

Because it's "legal"?

I support some of those things, don't support others, but "because it's legal is no litmus test. Hell, half the stuff done in the Holocaust was legal. Slavery was Legal.

Old Today, 11:16 AM

10,671 posts, read 2,725,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What do you mean, "you dont like lions"? LOL

Have they done something to upset you or is it how they behave?

Old Today, 11:22 AM

14,227 posts, read 11,647,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Can someone explain to me where the term "Trophy Hunter" came from?

It takes zero guts to hunt an animal. Zero.
You arm yourself, you sneak in very quietly (you don't want to give the animal a fighting chance), then you shoot it before it even has the chance to see you.
Nothing about that is trophy worthy, for ****s sake.
If I ran up behind an old man and punched him in the back of the head and knocked him out should Golden Boy Promotions award me with a championship belt?
If a hunter went into the forest, unarmed, and fought and animal and killed it with their bare hands THAT would deserve a trophy. "Game Hunters" or "Trophy Hunters" are just cowards.

I'm going to cut you some slack as it seems you have no experience with hunting and hunters. But calling us all cowards is over the top. I haven't hunted much in recent years but used to regularly when I was younger. One particular hunt from those days comes to mind when you say an animal has no chance and it's all about easy sneak attack.

A stock killing mountain lion had hit my place and a neighboring spread. I lost two calves in one night, one of which was only killed and not fed on, and the neighbor lost a whole pen of ewes with lambs and only the milk bags of the ewes were eaten. This was a blood drunk thrill killing animal. An Indian buddy of mine and me took out after the cat.

The end result of a LOT of tracking and trailing wound up with us having to go up a sheer sides and narrow box canyon. Our horses would not go in. We had to go in on foot with nobody to watch our horses. This didn't sit well with us but there was no choice. The cat was in a mahogany tree hidden and he jumped us. He came down not ten yards in front of us and charged. I didn't even get my rifle in action, my buddy stopped him with a 12 ga shotgun. Had he been just a second or two slower it would have been ugly.

Despite any technological advantage we have the animal can and will turn the tables if cornered. This would have been no place for any "coward." When I hunt other animals such as deer I hunt for meat. Not for "sport" although I do enjoy the remote and rugged outdoors and the hard work it takes in such an environment to hunt. It's no ridiculously easy thing with the animal having no chance as you claimed above. Nor is it for the faint of heart. It "takes no guts" you say? We will have to disagree on that.

Now this canned hunt at issue here certainly didn't take much sand on that I will agree. But your blanket generalization of all hunters as "cowards" I have issue with. I know that it makes no difference to you what I say or what examples I can cite but I'm not responding to win any arguments. Just to say that you are woefully wrong and know within myself that is fact.

Old Today, 11:24 AM

2,228 posts, read 2,404,945 times
Anybody else a member of PETA?

People Eating Tasty Animals?

Old Today, 11:27 AM

2,228 posts, read 2,404,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Come duck hunting with me some time?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or