U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM

2,106 posts, read 770,217 times

Advertisements

Statement:
"I came to Planned Parenthood to run a national health care organization and to advocate for the broad range of public health policies that affect our patients' health," Wen added. "... The new Board leadership has determined that the priority of Planned Parenthood moving forward is to double down on abortion rights advocacy ... With the landscape changing dramatically in the last several months and the right to safe, legal abortion care under attack like never before, I understand the shift in the Board's prioritization."

Two sources told us that Wen refused to use “trans-inclusive” language, for example saying “people” instead of “women,” telling staff that she believed talking about transgender issues would “isolate people in the Midwest.”
https://twitter.com/o_ema/status/115...546774533?s=21

Wen sometimes went through PP's press releases and docs, deleting the word “sexual” from the phrase “sexual and reproductive health,” the source said. She also resisted using “abortion” as a stand-alone, preferring “abortion care” or other phrases entirely.
https://twitter.com/o_ema/status/115...767372289?s=21

So basically she wanted to focus on women’s health, they wanted her to focus on abortions and political activism.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pla...ob-reports-say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM

1,847 posts, read 1,101,005 times
...hey, there's big bucks in those ripped apart 'clumps of cells'...

Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM

5,936 posts, read 4,549,803 times
Did she not murder enough babies or something?

Old Today, 06:14 AM

66,536 posts, read 30,358,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Did she not murder enough babies or something?
Wen's mistake was that she focused Planned Parenthood on actually providing women's health care, while PP's Board of Directors want to focus PP on maximizing abortions and political activism for transsexuals, pansexuals, etc.

Old Today, 06:26 AM

6,612 posts, read 1,367,599 times
It will be a shame if Planned Parenthood's many needed programs suffers because of the ultra-extreme left. I have considered leaving PP as a beneficiary in my will, but I won't if their main focus changes from contraception and sexual health (for everyone) to some kind of LGBTQW* activism.

*The W stands for "whatever". I think I just made that up because I just Googled 'LGBTQW', and it didn't come up.

Last edited by katharsis; Today at 06:42 AM..

Old Today, 06:36 AM

11,214 posts, read 6,524,314 times
For a long time the mainstream left has been appeasing their extremist wing hoping that they will be eaten last. It looks like the extremist are getting hungry.

Old Today, 07:06 AM

12,246 posts, read 6,962,097 times
It also announced that Alexis McGill Johnson, co-director of a research consortium called the Perception Institute, will serve as acting president of Planned Parenthood and its political wing, the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, while a search for new permanent leader is conducted.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/na...rii-story.html

Planned parenthood board of directors fired their president, a doctor, and hired a social justice warrior as president of the organization instead. this decision implies much about Planned Parenthood's priorities, doesn't it.

[the new planned parenthood president] is Co-Founder and Co-Director of Perception Institute – a national consortium of researchers, advocates, and cultural strategists that turns cutting-edge mind science research on identity difference into solutions that can be applied to everyday individual interactions and institutional practices.

Alexis collaborates with social scientists on empirical research to identify the efficacy of interventions that reduce discrimination and create opportunity. She leads workshops and lectures for a wide range of public institutions and private corporations, seeking to address the role of implicit bias, identity anxiety, and stereotype threat in their work.

https://perception.org/about-us/team/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies