Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 12:25 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Communist propaganda is not that impressive !!!
They demonize anyone that won't sing their tune !!!
You don't even see the irony, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 02:46 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Really? What are they full of, then...?

If you don't have the guts to call a racist a racist, you are one.
Mostly we want a prosperous country with secure borders, less government control, and lower taxes. I know it's killing dems that we are actually accomplishing that. I'm not saying no republican is racist (anyone can be), but you dems play the race card with everything and it's just ludicrous. If you see no problem with "the squad" then lord help you.

And again, you dems just can't see it. You just called me a racist. That is hateful. I have not attacked anyone on this thread except for telling that one poster that they were being ignorant because they basically labeled every non-white as a democrat which is a load of BS.

I'm not racist at all, I have friends of every ethnicity. Hell I'm in a same-sex marriage, a minority myself, so it would be pretty counterproductive to be racist.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:50 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets_go_hawks View Post
The real reason the republican vote share is declining is demographics. Anyone paying attention knows that and the authors of your blog even implicitly acknowledge it.

The fear mongering point is funny, what do you think democrats are doing with their constant accusations of racism against their political opponents?
100% right. This is exactly why the Democrats want to flood the borders with illegal aliens. If the Illegal Aliens voted R you would see the Democrats building a wall themselves!!

Old 07-18-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
You are so angry that you are taking things the wrong way. I never said Republicans are selfish. I said people who care about the country...are not just voting for their own selfish selves. That works for both parties, so relax. It is not what I said.

In your second paragraph, same thing. We do not want illegals here. You need to slow down and think. Very few on either side are in favor of illegals streaming in and straining our resources. We want strong borders. We want e-verify. But I am not hollering at you or accusing Republicans so take it easy.
I'm not angry, but I guess I took your post the wrong way. It's nice to read what you said but you have to understand that it sure doesn't seem that way to many of us. You sound like a moderate, which is refreshing.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:49 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I'm not angry, but I guess I took your post the wrong way. It's nice to read what you said but you have to understand that it sure doesn't seem that way to many of us. You sound like a moderate, which is refreshing.
You sound like a reasonable person too. I think most Americans are moderate but the powers that be are trying to divide us by shoving us to the far right or the far left. Where's the moderate candidate that is so badly needed? Doesn't even matter which side they're on, just that they exist.

And I don't think this thread is about the regular Republicans who are a lot like the regular Democrats. It, like almost everything in this forum, is about the radical right Repubs.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:11 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And this article is from February before this current wave of Trumps fear mongering, phony patriotism and racist rants...

Many snips from such a spot-on article but you get the drift. All Democrats should take the time to read this in its entirety as it does explain how the GOP is becoming a ghost and we can breath a bit easier in the knowledge that there is still hope for the planet and its inhabitants.
The fact that people who write for The Daily Beast consider half of America to be Nazis, this is why the GOP is in power. Until the media gets this basic idea of us all being Americans and trying to work together on something positive, the GOP with continue to win.

The let's not give the GOP a win attitude is costing the Liberals in this country big time.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
The fact that people who write for The Daily Beast consider half of America to be Nazis, this is why the GOP is in power. Until the media gets this basic idea of us all being Americans and trying to work together on something positive, the GOP with continue to win.

The let's not give the GOP a win attitude is costing the Liberals in this country big time.
I'd say that is very accurate.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:47 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I'd say that is very accurate.
I think you and I agree that Biden would be the sensible choice. He's moderate and could bring the country back together. Maybe it would be a slow, do-nothing four years, but at least we wouldn't be fighting and maybe there would be an atmosphere of "let's put our heads together and get this mess figured out."

Radicals on both sides need to quiet down.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:48 PM

17,617 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
I think you and I agree that Biden would be the sensible choice. He's moderate and could bring the country back together. Maybe it would be a slow, do-nothing four years, but at least we wouldn't be fighting and maybe there would be an atmosphere of "let's put our heads together and get this mess figured out."

Biden "they'll put y'all back in chains" is the last person capable of uniting anything.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:

Agree.

I wouldn't vote for him, but Biden I could at least live with if it came down to that.

He's not saying that we would all just fine with losing our private health insurance for universal healthcare like certain radicals, for example. I have zero problem with his healthcare plan, if people want to buy into govt healthcare, fine. But don't take away my hard earned excellent insurance that is incredibly inexpensive and efficient, and excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies