U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:29 AM

7,731 posts, read 4,578,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That doesn't even make sense. They already have L in there, G in there, and B in there, and that covers everyone (who isn't straight). Why do they need Q in there?

Sigh. All this political correctness is giving me a headache. I think I'll have an aspirin. (And a slice of cake, too, even if it is only 9:30 a.m.)
I know a guy who only dates trans-men. Tell me if that makes him L, G, B or T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:35 AM

424 posts, read 235,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Wow...and they have the gall to call Trump a racist & homophobe....ĒDisgracefulĒ

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...troots-nation/
My thoughts exactly

Old Today, 07:39 AM

5,656 posts, read 7,454,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Imagine not knowing that *****, the Q in LGBTQ is almost universally accepted in the LGBTQ community, and is a stand-in for people whose sexuality doesn't fit neatly into the LGB or T designations.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/cnsnews...eer-happy-hour
The fact that Pressley made the bigoted comment in the first place means she KNOWS that not all gay people accept the LGBTQ community as a representation of themselves, nor accept the liberal ideas she tries to push. We're not all idiots who have to fall in line like robots. After all, some of us learned at a young age how to survive on our own without the support of others. Furthermore, we don't need young millennial LGBTQ members to tell us how horrible the rest of the world is. The world is much more accepting now than it used to be, no thanks to newer, younger LGBTQ members who think they are the salvation for the rest of us who have already survived just fine because we forged relationships with others who were different from us in order to educate others. We didn't live in an echo chamber which seems to be the preferred method to living life for today's young liberals.

Old Today, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You and other lefties are either WAY behind the times (too dumb to function) on this or are possibly outright bigots, yourselves ...

Gay Man Says The Term 'Quee*' Is Like the 'N' Word - ABC News
LOL. Lefties are "behind the times", yet you posted an article that says a single 66-year old suburbanite is offended by "*****", but most other gays are okay with it.

Old Today, 07:41 AM

66,558 posts, read 30,358,972 times
Quote:
Imagine not knowing that *****, the Q in LGBTQ is almost universally accepted in the LGBTQ community
Only in the community of bigots, aka the Dems.

Old Today, 07:43 AM

Quote:
LOL. Lefties are "behind the times", yet you posted an article that says a single 66-year old suburbanite is offended by "*****", but most other gays are okay with it.
Most others are NOT "okay with it." You realize that by saying so you've branded yourself as a bigot, no?

Old Today, 07:46 AM

30,315 posts, read 16,649,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Not homophobia, identity politics extremism... isn't that bad enough? Why make it out to be something it isn't?
Her complete statement was, "We do not need brown people who will not speak with a brown voice. We do not need black people who will not speak with a black voice. We do not need queers who will not speak with a q ueer voice."

And yet, the Democrats claim the Republicans are "divisive."

Old Today, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Most others are NOT "okay with it." You realize that by saying so you've branded yourself as a bigot, no?
Imagine having not read the very article you posted. I forgot why I stopped posting here; the consistent barrage of bad-faith arguments.

Old Today, 08:02 AM

9,105 posts, read 5,616,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Trump has amazing political instincts. Putting the spotlight on these wackos, and having the entire liberal establishment come out to defend them, works hugely to his advantage.
While I agree that Trump demonstrates amazing instinct in many instances , this one is a lay up. Hard for anyone to miss this gift. Itís the biggest, most brightly wrapped present under the tree, LOL. Stevie wonder couldnít help but see this one.

Pelosi is aging faster than that bag of premix salad in the fridge that rots before you can eat it! Hoisted by their own petard. And there seems to be nothing they can do to reel in this monster. Seems like every day, we have one of these nuts making another inflammatory statement that has democrat leadership guzzling pepto-bismal by the gallon. What can they do? What can anyone do with lunatics who are so out of touch with basic common sense, that we see a member of Congress scream at Border Petrol agents like she was an unhinged activist suffering a mental meltdown, making wild accusations like forcing people to drink out of toilets, and running concentration camps?

Honestly, the democrat leadership has no one to blame for this but themselves. They adopted this radical open border policy long ago, placing the interests of illegal immigrants ahead of the American people, and with the now failed Russia Collusion nonsense, credibility is gone completely, save for the hard core leftists which are a minority. Instead of focusing on issues that might resonate with mainstream voters, they have placed all their hopes and dreams on the message ďDonald Trump is a bad manĒ. Yet, the general public is now seeing this new group of radicals take over the narrative, and if this scares the democrat leadership, just imagine what itís saying to Jane and Joe public?

Weíve never seen this level of insanity in American politics ..... itís mind boggling. There is nothing the Republicans could ever do to cause more damage to the left, than what they are doing to themselves.

Old Today, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Imagine having not read the very article you posted. I forgot why I stopped posting here; the consistent barrage of bad-faith arguments.
I read the article. It's one person's "opinion" that homosexual persons are okay with the "quee*" moniker. In direct contrast, I've heard from many that they are not. I'll believe several people's opinions over that of just one person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies