U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 04:40 PM

10,133 posts, read 6,338,853 times

Advertisements

Interesting, so we can say ***** again. Are bell bottoms back too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 05:29 PM
Status: "I said God Bless the Coal Miners Union" (set 5 days ago)

3,424 posts, read 604,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanna Pressley
We don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice. We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t
I'm still waiting for one, just ONE, ID politics apologist to defend the above as not being racist. What she's saying is that thought (voice) should be a function of skin color. If you're black you've got to think one way; if brown another; and so on. How is that not racist? To say that thought is, or at least should be, a function of skin color could actually serve as a pretty good working definition of 'racism.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
You are going to have a long wait I'm afraid
Well, you called that one Mr. Stranger. Still waiting, and it's time for me to log off and move along. I thought there might be at least one gibberish defense attempted, but no, didn't get even that. Complete crickets.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:34 PM

45,491 posts, read 18,030,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
It's always interesting watching people who support stripping away rights from LGBT community feign outage on their behalf. Who are you trying to convince?
Let's see, the last two nominees for president from the Democrat party , Obama & Hillary, are on record as opposing Gay Marriage. This AS candidates for President.

The guy who is in office now from the Republican party is trying to stop homophobia in countries around the world. He's the first President to actually address it in US History.

Try wake up and smell the coffee.

Old Today, 05:36 PM
Status: "I said God Bless the Coal Miners Union" (set 5 days ago)

3,424 posts, read 604,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger
You are going to have a long wait I'm afraid
btw I specifically requested reply from several apologist posters--zip, zero, nada.

It got me to thinking--I noticed that the forum was lousy w/ 'orange man racist' threads the day just before the AOC&squad press conference last week. Then on this thread we get a bunch of poltroon posters, who when confronted with the racist language of Ayanna Pressley, disappear.

This is kind of strange behavior from a CD poster. Usually they're going to at least attempt a response, or even issue a 'mea culpa, point taken.'

It makes me think that this is a repeat of the 2008 'journolist' situation, where hordes were being given marching orders to pick some random conservatives, and call them racist.

Old Today, 05:38 PM

30,174 posts, read 16,659,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The dems are in full melt down mode. They have abandoned legislation and are only occupied with attacking Trump.

The nation will show whether it approves of this (or not) in a little over a year. Fortunately, this will be fresh in the mind of voters and I am sure there will be more lunacy to come.

Thankfully, the press is giving 24/7 coverage to these whack jobs, further sinking the party.
The house has passed 351 bills that McConnell will not allow the Senate to vote on.

Old Today, 06:16 PM

8,724 posts, read 2,499,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Not homophobia, identity politics extremism... isn't that bad enough? Why make it out to be something it isn't?
To me when you use race as a qualifier you made it racist in nature. Imagine if Trump said those same exact words but used the word white as the qualifier? Suddenly the world would scream racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies