U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2019, 12:36 PM
 
11,061 posts, read 6,536,174 times
Reputation: 6093

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Seeing how no one seems to be able to post an allegedly racist tweet, I guess this thread's a bust.
I'm a Trump / GOP supporter. My take on it is regardless of color, religion, or ancestry Trump would not like them, his reasons have nothing to do with any of that. Because though, they happen to be women of color, Islamic and have family from other countries the Racism card can be pulled. It was the trifecta for Trump to f#$k up on, which he did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2019, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,838 posts, read 16,186,792 times
Reputation: 10001
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm a Trump / GOP supporter. My take on it is regardless of color, religion, or ancestry Trump would not like them, his reasons have nothing to do with any of that. Because though, they happen to be women of color, Islamic and have family from other countries the Racism card can be pulled. It was the trifecta for Trump to f#$k up on, which he did.
OK but why did Trump use the classic racist phrase of c go back to your country then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 02:35 PM
 
11,061 posts, read 6,536,174 times
Reputation: 6093
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK but why did Trump use the classic racist phrase of c go back to your country then?
Because it's a phrase. I said it to my Canadian friends before, sure jokingly but i tell them to go back to Canooksville. I've been told to go back to Mexico by friends. It's a phrase, like "get the f#$k out of here" . Now i'm aware he wasn't saying it jokingly but his mistake was saying it to these 4, again i believe he doesn't dislike them for their color, or that they are female he just dislikes them, for their differences of opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 02:37 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
30,856 posts, read 17,092,049 times
Reputation: 23170
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK but why did Trump use the classic racist phrase of c go back to your country then?
Because he cannot help himself; and because he see's the old 'southern strategy' as a winning platform for him since he has no policy ideas except giving his wealthy cronies more money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,838 posts, read 16,186,792 times
Reputation: 10001
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Because it's a phrase. I said it to my Canadian friends before, sure jokingly but i tell them to go back to Canooksville. I've been told to go back to Mexico by friends. It's a phrase, like "get the f#$k out of here" . Now i'm aware he wasn't saying it jokingly but his mistake was saying it to these 4, again i believe he doesn't dislike them for their color, or that they are female he just dislikes them, for their differences of opinion.
Trump highly dislikes the Islamic community except the Saudis because it's all about the money to him. And FYI, just because it is a joke, you shouldn't say it. An ex told me I could say the n-word since I'm dating a black woman and I couldn't. She said I could call her friend a ****** since she was Mexican, I couldn't. The point I'm making is just because you could say something, doesn't mean you should. Trump's problem is he used a highly race-baiting and xenophobic line and he has a history of such with just about all the ethnicities of the Squad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top