U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 06:40 AM

19,496 posts, read 10,101,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else agree that Republican's dropped the ball on not condemning Trump's racist tweets? Condemning Trump doesn't pass any new legislation, it just sends the President a clear message they are not going to tolerate or support him if he says or does the wrong things. Silence on the issue isn't good enough, Republican's need to send a clear message that they are not going to back him no matter what. Not taking a stand only will embolden President Trump to do even more radical things in the future. They shouldn't support him unquestionably just because he is a Republican President, this is how dictatorships are formed, no one speaking up against what's wrong. When did this country become a Them against Us Nation? (Republicans vs Democrats)
The Demonic's say worse about Trump every day than what he said about the Hate Squad so if they are going to try to denounce speech people don't like, they should just denounce everything the Hate Squad says or just shut up and never speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,312 posts, read 504,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That was the purpose of the vote. It forced GOP reps to vote to support the hate pouring out of the White House.
Each of them will have to answer to the fact that they were complicit with the racist comments. They're really cowards afraid of being tweeted about by Trump - well, we'll see how this affects them in their next election.

Status: "I ordered the Code Red that killed Santiago!" (set 15 days ago)

11,880 posts, read 8,471,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Care to provide a shred of evidence that "most Americans agree with him" -
Using the actual definition of racism, can you provide a shred of evidence that what he said was racist? If you cannot then you are a liar.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:42 AM

19,793 posts, read 9,517,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I don't care if people call me racist either.

1) I know I'm not.

2) Name calling stopped being effective somewhere around the third or fourth grade.

I'd say Trump probably feels about the same.
Totally agree. But remember we are dealing with people that are "traumatized" by murals of George Washington that happen to have Blacks and Indians portrayed, and by statues, paintings, flags, symbols, and anything else they can think of in which to be OFFENDED, and "triggered". Oh my, the horrors!

These people need to Get a LIFE.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:45 AM

137 posts, read 51,138 times
I didn't see race mentioned anywhere until "The Squad" threw that in. They used it against Nancy first and then Trump. That works well at first, lots of media coverage because the media is generally liberal based.

But if they plan to cry racism after every bit of criticism they receive, it will quickly lose it's effectiveness. And probably backfire on them. They apparently don't realize that yet, but they will.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:46 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,078,212 times
Trump is more popular among Republican voters than the congress critters are, and they want to get reelected.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:50 AM

36,771 posts, read 10,987,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else agree that Republican's dropped the ball on not condemning Trump's racist tweets? Condemning Trump doesn't pass any new legislation, it just sends the President a clear message they are not going to tolerate or support him if he says or does the wrong things. Silence on the issue isn't good enough, Republican's need to send a clear message that they are not going to back him no matter what. Not taking a stand only will embolden President Trump to do even more radical things in the future. They shouldn't support him unquestionably just because he is a Republican President, this is how dictatorships are formed, no one speaking up against what's wrong. When did this country become a Them against Us Nation? (Republicans vs Democrats)

No, they didn't drop the ball. And there was nothing racist in directing a tweet to members of congress who've been spewing hatred about this country almost daily. But it's hilarious how you're equating [all-but-4] Republicans' party-line vote with unquestioning support and dictatorships, while dismissing the unanimous Democrat vote. Excuse me, while I laugh my asinine off [].

Hypocrisy, thy name is Democrat.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:52 AM

2,860 posts, read 944,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Using the actual definition of racism, can you provide a shred of evidence that what he said was racist? If you cannot then you are a liar.

Ok, I'll play. How about "Go back to where you came from" ? This is about one of the most racist /bigoted comments anyone can make. Early in our history, people coming here from Poland heard that phrase. So did people from Italy, Germany, Africa, and every other foreign country. They were called ugly names, and told "Go back to where you came from !"

For the President of this country to lower himself to that level shows what he is like inside and how he truly feels. I hope this is a wake up call to anyone whose ancestors heard those words, and they take offense at hearing it in 2019......long after that way of thinking should have gone away for good.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:54 AM

2,312 posts, read 504,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yes, telling a minority to go back to the country they came from is a clear racist remark.

Anyone who doesn't think so is ignorant, in my opinion. Not worth arguing the point if you don't comprehend - it's like arguing with White Supremacists. Their minds can't ever be changed to the day they die.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.dc199e53d727

Old 07-17-2019, 06:56 AM

2,860 posts, read 944,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
Trump is more popular among Republican voters than the congress critters are, and they want to get reelected.

That really is it. The midterm elections scared the beJesus out of the GOP. When so many of them were replaced by Democrats, they began to see the tide turning. They know they could be next, so they walk on eggs. Their one last chance is to not upset the dwindling Trump base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies