U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2019, 07:02 AM
 
2,860 posts, read 944,379 times
Reputation: 4275

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Yes, telling a minority to go back to the country they came from is a clear racist remark.



Anyone who doesn't think so is ignorant, in my opinion. Not worth arguing the point if you don't comprehend - it's like arguing with White Supremacists. Their minds can't ever be changed to the day they die.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.dc199e53d727

To understand how anyone could accept that kind of language, TB, we have to look at his base. Trump was able to be elected for one reason, and one reason only. He saw that enough people in this country were closet bigots, who were secretly seething inside because people who look different and talk different were coming here to live.

He, being the brash, uncouth jerk that he is, stood up there on that stage and said the words they were afraid to say, but that they wanted to hear. Once he began to free them from the constraints of decency, they were free to openly show their bigotry and hatred........they ate it up.

That is it in a nutshell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2019, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Fort Payne Alabama
1,283 posts, read 1,634,983 times
Reputation: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
To understand how anyone could accept that kind of language, TB, we have to look at his base. Trump was able to be elected for one reason, and one reason only. He saw that enough people in this country were closet bigots, who were secretly seething inside because people who look different and talk different were coming here to live.

He, being the brash, uncouth jerk that he is, stood up there on that stage and said the words they were afraid to say, but that they wanted to hear. Once he began to free them from the constraints of decency, they were free to openly show their bigotry and hatred........they ate it up.

That is it in a nutshell.
You don't think it had anything to do with the thousands upon thousands of empty factories littering our landscape cause by one sided trade deals?
You don't think it had anything to do with stagnant and falling wages due to the lack of middle-class jobs?
You don't think it had anything to do with the loss of tradesman jobs like brick layers, carpenters, roofers, electricians, etc to illegal aliens?
You don't think it had anything to do with our schools full of kids who cannot speak a word of English now requiring a tax increase to pay for bilingual teachers?
You don't think it had anything to do with our crammed emergency rooms full of illegals getting their medical care causing local health care costs to skyrocket?
You don't think it has anything to do with the families who cannot speak a word of English at the grocery store pushing a cram full buggy of stuff paying for it with their SNAP card?
You don't think it has anything to do with all these illegals driving without a license or insurance, heaven help you if one hits you!

If you think the above represents hatred, bigotry and lacks the constraints of decency, so be it because in sections of our country, this it what we face everyday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Ohio
5,252 posts, read 1,908,760 times
Reputation: 4407
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
To understand how anyone could accept that kind of language, TB, we have to look at his base. Trump was able to be elected for one reason, and one reason only. He saw that enough people in this country were closet bigots, who were secretly seething inside because people who look different and talk different were coming here to live.

He, being the brash, uncouth jerk that he is, stood up there on that stage and said the words they were afraid to say, but that they wanted to hear. Once he began to free them from the constraints of decency, they were free to openly show their bigotry and hatred........they ate it up.

That is it in a nutshell.

Dead on. This stuff isn't complicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 07:57 AM
 
2,193 posts, read 456,781 times
Reputation: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Whats a dropped?

They didnt condemn Trumps posts because the posts werent racist.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Texas
35,878 posts, read 19,765,288 times
Reputation: 21429
Lightbulb Republican's dropped the ball on not condemning Trump

tRump is their messiah, their fuhrer, their godlet.

No way will Pubs dare get out of step.

They take their lead from tRump on all matters.

Because that's what conservos are.

Followers...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:12 AM
 
2,234 posts, read 1,307,281 times
Reputation: 2572
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
You don't think it had anything to do with the thousands upon thousands of empty factories littering our landscape cause by one sided trade deals?
You don't think it had anything to do with stagnant and falling wages due to the lack of middle-class jobs?
You don't think it had anything to do with the loss of tradesman jobs like brick layers, carpenters, roofers, electricians, etc to illegal aliens?
You don't think it had anything to do with our schools full of kids who cannot speak a word of English now requiring a tax increase to pay for bilingual teachers?
You don't think it had anything to do with our crammed emergency rooms full of illegals getting their medical care causing local health care costs to skyrocket?
You don't think it has anything to do with the families who cannot speak a word of English at the grocery store pushing a cram full buggy of stuff paying for it with their SNAP card?
You don't think it has anything to do with all these illegals driving without a license or insurance, heaven help you if one hits you!

If you think the above represents hatred, bigotry and lacks the constraints of decency, so be it because in sections of our country, this it what we face everyday!
If trump had such a big heart; why didn't he pay his contractors, instead of finding fault, delays, not liking whatever, etc.?

He has a heart that has turned to stone and you are under the influence of Stockholm syndrome, if you believe otherwise.

Plus, there is the little item of interference from outside sources. What a load of cement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:13 AM
 
7,367 posts, read 2,668,697 times
Reputation: 4041
1) Nothing to condemn. Trump being Trump using standard Trump language, tone and attitude. If the Republicans had to virtue signal on everything Trump does that makes the hypocrites on the Left do their pearl clutching, they'd never do anything else.

2) Nothing to condemn. Tweets weren't racist, and the Republicans "condemning" the tweets would be giving the MSM that "see, even the Republicans agree" fuel the are always desperate for.

3) Politically unsound to inject yourself into a fight the President has actually steered you out of. The Squad vs Pelosi Dems was losing some energy, so Trump did what Trump does and dumped some gasoline onto their fire. Since a "we tolerate each other" buffer already exists between Trump and the House/Senate GOP, him going solo on jumping into the Dems internecine thing lets the GOP sit back and just watch. They have nothing to do with it, so why jump in and try to have something to do with it?

4) Don't give fuel to the "if you don't condemn it loudly and quickly enough, you agree" narrative. Stay silent, let the charge be leveled by full potato idiots (like this thread for example), then drop a brutal counterpunch to the accuser.

5) MSM twists anything you say anyway, so say nothing, and when things get invented around the silence, retreat to Clintonia and demand "proof" that you ever said such a thing, then go for appeal to ridicule.

Nope, the GOP is right to say not a freaking thing. Let Trump, Pelosi and the Jihad Squad pummel each other while they silently watch on and eat popcorn. Absolutely their best move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:19 AM
 
10,626 posts, read 9,592,138 times
Reputation: 16409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Russia, Russia, Russia didn't work and was revealed as a hoax and failed coup attempt by the Democrats and Media. So now, Trump is racist. Another lie.

Yes, they are still Butt Hurt over Hillary LOSING. Like spoiled little children, they have to throw a daily temper tantrum.
LMAO!! The Russia issue. OMG, President Trump spoke with Putin!!!

"How soon we forget" . . . President Kennedy wanted the United States to join forces with Russia in the space program . . .but I guess since he was a democrat that was okay. Typical double standard liberal BS!


https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...on-to-the-moon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:25 AM
 
11,137 posts, read 6,265,547 times
Reputation: 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That was the purpose of the vote. It forced GOP reps to vote to support the hate pouring out of the White House.
Yep. And it worked. Only four Republicans voted against their party's racism. Only four Republican reps who are not racists, and/or sycophants, and/or terrified of their mob boss president.

This, folks, is today's Republican party. The party of racists, bootlickers and cowards. Oh my!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 08:31 AM
 
13,584 posts, read 4,694,773 times
Reputation: 6655
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Ok, I'll play. How about "Go back to where you came from" ? This is about one of the most racist /bigoted comments anyone can make. Early in our history, people coming here from Poland heard that phrase. So did people from Italy, Germany, Africa, and every other foreign country. They were called ugly names, and told "Go back to where you came from !"

For the President of this country to lower himself to that level shows what he is like inside and how he truly feels. I hope this is a wake up call to anyone whose ancestors heard those words, and they take offense at hearing it in 2019......long after that way of thinking should have gone away for good.
That is NOT racist. Go brush up on the definition of racist. Anyone who comes here then trashes the country like those two morons do they very well should GTFO and go back to where they came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top