U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 08:33 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,307,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Ok, I'll play. How about "Go back to where you came from" ? This is about one of the most racist /bigoted comments anyone can make. Early in our history, people coming here from Poland heard that phrase. So did people from Italy, Germany, Africa, and every other foreign country. They were called ugly names, and told "Go back to where you came from !"

For the President of this country to lower himself to that level shows what he is like inside and how he truly feels. I hope this is a wake up call to anyone whose ancestors heard those words, and they take offense at hearing it in 2019......long after that way of thinking should have gone away for good.
This is the best definition of what trump has lowered himself to. My grandparents are from Italy, Scotland and Ireland and my Father was a WWII Vet and trumps words hurt my whole being; for not only my family but for the people of the United States of America.

We deserve a leader with class and dignity not a conceited man that was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, that probably never had to eat bread and water or walk the streets looking for work and still, still, had more dignity in their little toes, than this person has in a strand of hair.

Thank you, thank you.!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 08:35 AM

5,095 posts, read 2,850,864 times
Republicans are scared of Trump so they keep their mouths shut until they retire and write a tell-all book like Ryan did in which they said all along they knew he was a racist loon but didn't want to rock the boat so they kept their mouth shut.

Republicans are spineless. I am not a fan of AOC but at least she has got a spine.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:36 AM

31,855 posts, read 14,248,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Most americans agree with him. So the republicans were right to respect what America thinks and we don't think it was racist.
There was zero wrong with what he said.
Did you magic 8 ball tell you that?

Old 07-17-2019, 08:38 AM

821 posts, read 413,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else agree that Republican's dropped the ball on not condemning Trump's racist tweets? Condemning Trump doesn't pass any new legislation, it just sends the President a clear message they are not going to tolerate or support him if he says or does the wrong things. Silence on the issue isn't good enough, Republican's need to send a clear message that they are not going to back him no matter what. Not taking a stand only will embolden President Trump to do even more radical things in the future. They shouldn't support him unquestionably just because he is a Republican President, this is how dictatorships are formed, no one speaking up against what's wrong. When did this country become a Them against Us Nation? (Republicans vs Democrats)
I am a Republican and I could not agree with you more. However, I do want to thank the four House Republicans who voted to condemn Trump, as well as Congresswoman Elise Stefanik of New York, Senator Mitt Romney of Utah, Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina, and Former Governor of Massachusetts Bill Weld for also criticizing the President's Tweets.

Make no mistake about it. This "squad" consists of folks who are wrong on policy. But they are U.S. citizens and should be criticized for their views, not who they are as people. We should welcome people to this country legally.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:39 AM

20,078 posts, read 12,591,728 times
Quote:
Most americans agree with him. So the republicans were right to respect what America thinks and we don't think it was racist.

Agreed- the only ones who feel Trump should be condemned are hard left dems and RINOs. Most of America agrees with what Trump said and would be angry with him if he retracted his statements.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:42 AM

46,607 posts, read 18,693,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else agree that Republican's dropped the ball on not condemning Trump's racist tweets? Condemning Trump doesn't pass any new legislation, it just sends the President a clear message they are not going to tolerate or support him if he says or does the wrong things. Silence on the issue isn't good enough, Republican's need to send a clear message that they are not going to back him no matter what. Not taking a stand only will embolden President Trump to do even more radical things in the future. They shouldn't support him unquestionably just because he is a Republican President, this is how dictatorships are formed, no one speaking up against what's wrong. When did this country become a Them against Us Nation? (Republicans vs Democrats)
Why?

Everything is just as it should be. The only people who think it is racist are the ones who hate Trump and will never vote for him, and the MSM which tells them what to think. Remember it's about this.

Omar's Disapproval Rating is 91% Across America - Why Wouldn't the President Call Her Out?

Old 07-17-2019, 08:43 AM

31,855 posts, read 14,248,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
And the "Squad" and Dems in general dropped the ball on condemning that terrorist ANTIFA creep who tried to attack the ICE facility with guns and firebombs. When asked directly about it they just turned turtle.
One guy attacks an ICE facility and claims he is "ANTIFA" and you want all Democrats to condemn his actions? For Real?

Old 07-17-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
No, they didn't drop the ball. And there was nothing racist in directing a tweet to members of congress who've been spewing hatred about this country almost daily. But it's hilarious how you're equating [all-but-4] Republicans' party-line vote with unquestioning support and dictatorships, while dismissing the unanimous Democrat vote. Excuse me, while I laugh my asinine off [].

Hypocrisy, thy name is Democrat.
No hypocrisy, is a man called Donald and his so called "followers."

We all need to wake up, before the trump takes us down a river of no return.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Totally agree. But remember we are dealing with people that are "traumatized" by murals of George Washington that happen to have Blacks and Indians portrayed, and by statues, paintings, flags, symbols, and anything else they can think of in which to be OFFENDED, and "triggered". Oh my, the horrors!

These people need to Get a LIFE.
So, do you. Your love for trump is embarrassing. Trump is not a president for all Americans. He is for himself and anyone who positively agrees with every snot nose comment that comes our of that pouty mouth of his. Beware of dictators. They only take you down lonesome, dark, scary roads.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:07 AM

9,565 posts, read 4,401,271 times
Quote:

If your definition of 'American' is exclusively white, heterosexual, and evangelical Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies