U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:08 AM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
9,565 posts, read 4,401,271 times
Reputation: 8112

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Republicans are scared of Trump so they keep their mouths shut until they retire and write a tell-all book like Ryan did in which they said all along they knew he was a racist loon but didn't want to rock the boat so they kept their mouth shut.

Republicans are spineless. I am not a fan of AOC but at least she has got a spine.
It's because Trump demands and has achieved absolute loyalty among his base. Going against Trump for any reason would be political suicide for GOP members of Congress. They would be voted out and replaced by somebody with absolute loyalty to Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:10 AM
 
Location: DMV Area/NYC/Honolulu
13,188 posts, read 6,779,697 times
Reputation: 12826
If there was a shred of objective racism in the president's Tweets, I'd agree with you, OP. But there's not, so your post is a bunch of BS and is another reason why I will continue to support DJT. I refuse to let the left lie their way into the White House in 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:11 AM
 
362 posts, read 252,388 times
Reputation: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That is NOT racist. Go brush up on the definition of racist. Anyone who comes here then trashes the country like those two morons do they very well should GTFO and go back to where they came from.
Except they are from here. You and Trump may not like what your fellow American is saying, but they are Americans. Stating they should go back to their own country and fix it creates the image that they are outsiders, they are other, and they are not Americans.

Debate and fight what they are selling, not resort to personal attacks. It just shows it is the weakest argument. It resonates with people, because people resort to these attacks as fall backs when they are losing an argument or are in the wrong.

Personal attacks on someones being vs their actions should never be in Politics, but it always is. At least for me that pushes me away. For some it attracts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:11 AM
 
26,939 posts, read 17,659,777 times
Reputation: 10643
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else agree that Republican's dropped the ball on not condemning Trump's racist tweets? Condemning Trump doesn't pass any new legislation, it just sends the President a clear message they are not going to tolerate or support him if he says or does the wrong things. Silence on the issue isn't good enough, Republican's need to send a clear message that they are not going to back him no matter what. Not taking a stand only will embolden President Trump to do even more radical things in the future. They shouldn't support him unquestionably just because he is a Republican President, this is how dictatorships are formed, no one speaking up against what's wrong. When did this country become a Them against Us Nation? (Republicans vs Democrats)
The GOP is a dying party and the only way to win elections is to cheat and steal by any means possible and they and their criminal standard bearer have resurrected The Southern Strategy so with the exception of a pathetic few, they are all in if it means keeping them in their seats. Keep in mind that is the party that has taken lots of Russke money and does not care to protect the elections from outside inference by foreign adversaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:11 AM
 
2,234 posts, read 1,307,281 times
Reputation: 2572
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
We like Trump and appreciate him calling out far left wing, America hating nut jobs.


Let's see who is more popular in 2020- Trump or "the squad"!


Omar and AOC are hated by most mainstream Americans (the people who vote). Trump completely won in this match, as now the dems are stuck with those whack jobs as the new face of the dems.


Trump will use AOC and Omar in campaign ads to frighten America, as they should be, if the policies of those whack jobs are initiated.


America does not like radical Muslims or open borders. The dems now own those two philosophies.
Please do not speak for all of America. The "dems," seem to have more dignity and class than their fellow republicans. They are truly for America. Would not have really hurt those mealy mouse republicans, including good old boy Mitch, to really speak up for what they believe.

The words are racial and hurtful. Because the words don't hurt you is your business. Trump has opened my eyes to the bigotry that exists in our great land. Let freedom ring and why can't we respect other people? That is on trump and all of his believers. What a jam we are in at this time in history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:12 AM
 
11,137 posts, read 6,265,547 times
Reputation: 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It's because Trump demands and has achieved absolute loyalty among his base. Going against Trump for any reason would be political suicide for GOP members of Congress. They would be voted out and replaced by somebody with absolute loyalty to Trump.
Trump is a mob boss. And everyone knows you don't go against a mob boss or the consequences could be dire. The GOP is cowering under their desks, whimpering out a terrified, "Yes, sir! Whatever you say, sir!" to every racist statement Trump utters.

Sad to see the Republican party reduced to such cowardice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:13 AM
sub
Status: "Support Your Liberal Loved Ones During TDS Awareness Week" (set 18 hours ago)
 
955 posts, read 480,959 times
Reputation: 1608
Read the words directly, ignore the incendiary headlines.
Not racist. Not even nationalist.
Whatever.
The Democrats are only helping Trump at this point.
Comical to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:14 AM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
9,565 posts, read 4,401,271 times
Reputation: 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Trump is a mob boss. And everyone knows you don't go against a mob boss or the consequences could be dire. The GOP is cowering under their desks, whimpering out a terrified, "Yes, sir! Whatever you say, sir!" to every racist statement Trump utters.

Sad to see the Republican party reduced to such cowardice.
Sad thing is, 40% of Americans are okay with this as long as it means they can reverse Roe v Wade and Obergefell v Hodges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:15 AM
 
46,607 posts, read 18,693,402 times
Reputation: 19398
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It's because Trump demands and has achieved absolute loyalty among his base. .....
Wrong again.



Trump has never demanded ANYTHING from me. But it's you projecting your issues that makes you think things about million of people you don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:17 AM
 
46,607 posts, read 18,693,402 times
Reputation: 19398
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Sad thing is, 40% of Americans are okay with this as long as it means they can reverse Roe v Wade and Obergefell v Hodges.
You have no idea what 40% of America thinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top