U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:39 AM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
9,563 posts, read 4,395,909 times
Reputation: 8110

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
"You don't need God anymore; you have us Democrats." ~Nancy Pelosi (Quoted 2006)



"What difference does it make?" (re: Benghazi) ~Hillary Clinton


"My fear is if North Korea nukes us, Trump is gonna get us into a war." ~Maxine Waters (Quoted 2017)



You just have to respect all that intellectual fire power.
When Jerry Falwell politicized Christianity. It's that simple. Barry Goldwater predicted our society today.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.” - Barry Goldwater
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Chicago area
14,668 posts, read 8,132,056 times
Reputation: 54137
Do you think that Trump is just trying to create drama to change the narrative in the news? Do you think it's coincidence that Bijan Rafeikian's trial started around the same time of his tweet. Who you say? Read about it. It's infinitely more important than what the look over there president has tweeted, yet, crickets about this. Here's an interesting tidbit. Flynn has been dropped from the witness list and has had his sentence delayed because he was supposed to be co-operating with this trial. You know, the same Michael Flynn that judge Emmet Sullivan asked if Flynn could be tried for treason and that Flynn sold his country out. Now he's not on the witness list? Why?


You go ahead and feed into Trump's current deflection petty drama. I prefer to concentrate on the real news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:51 AM
 
360 posts, read 251,902 times
Reputation: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That's a principled argument against the Tweets. Calling them racist is a bold face lie not supported by the facts in evidence.
I can kind of see it from both sides. Yes the tweets themselves are not directly racist, there are those that infer they are racist because they assume racist attitudes are the motivating factor behind the statement. That is opinion, and would be very difficult to prove that is the case.

I think what is more disheartening, is that in the march toward a more solidified divide between the political spectrum is the fading of condemning both sides. Republicans and Democrats should call out the tweets as personal attacks against Americans.

But doing so causes the Democrat extremes to froth about you not admitting it is a racist comment, and Republican extremes frothing that Trump did nothing wrong. So it comes down to, do you want to get attacked from both sides, or just align with your party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
7,305 posts, read 7,945,595 times
Reputation: 5905
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Please do not speak for all of America. The "dems," seem to have more dignity and class than their fellow republicans. They are truly for America. Would not have really hurt those mealy mouse republicans, including good old boy Mitch, to really speak up for what they believe.

The words are racial and hurtful. Because the words don't hurt you is your business. Trump has opened my eyes to the bigotry that exists in our great land. Let freedom ring and why can't we respect other people? That is on trump and all of his believers. What a jam we are in at this time in history.
Which Dem has dignity and class? I've been trying to find just one example of the major players who isn't just as crass as Trump.

As for being "for" America? No. Not one of the major players in the Dems is promoting pro American ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:56 AM
 
24,573 posts, read 12,835,503 times
Reputation: 7893
I'm not sure they dropped the ball.

Tribal loyalty is HUGE right now on both sides.

They did what we knew they would.

Will this damage Trump next year.

Nah -- way too far away from the election. If this happened the week or month before maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:56 AM
 
2,192 posts, read 454,213 times
Reputation: 2006
Hey OP - Did the Democrats “drop the ball” on not condemning Tlaib’s anti-Semitic rantings? Or raising the Mexican flag and defacing the U.S. flag in Colorado?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:59 AM
Status: "Make Orwell fiction again" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
31,849 posts, read 14,241,944 times
Reputation: 22830
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how about at least ocrazio and the rest of the jihad squad, who he adopted his 'concentration camp' lingo from?
The "Rebel Media"? We must be in silly season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
15,848 posts, read 13,652,924 times
Reputation: 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
You don't think it had anything to do with the loss of tradesman jobs like brick layers, carpenters, roofers, electricians, etc to illegal aliens?
You don't think it had anything to do with our schools full of kids who cannot speak a word of English now requiring a tax increase to pay for bilingual teachers?
You don't think it had anything to do with our crammed emergency rooms full of illegals getting their medical care causing local health care costs to skyrocket?
You don't think it has anything to do with the families who cannot speak a word of English at the grocery store pushing a cram full buggy of stuff paying for it with their SNAP card?
You don't think it has anything to do with all these illegals driving without a license or insurance, heaven help you if one hits you!

If you think the above represents hatred, bigotry and lacks the constraints of decency, so be it because in sections of our country, this it what we face everyday!
Then why the hell doesn't Trump complain about the thousands of employers illegally hiring these illegals? That's what motivates them to come. Do those employers have the government paid off or what? Does Trump have a long history of hiring illegals? Also interesting that Trump quit complaining about something needs done to stop anchor babies. All Trump knows to do about the situation is to further divide the country over immigration, instead of getting something done about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 10:11 AM
 
11,058 posts, read 6,533,977 times
Reputation: 6093
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Being complicit to racist comments makes them racists, imo. Not being able to identify overt racist comments likely means 1) you agree and see nothing wrong, or 2) you're so ignorant of racism that you don't belong in any decision-making position like being a Senator or Congressman. Not standing up and condemning Trump's tweets/words make them cowards. I hope the American voter remembers this past few days when voting.

There are many reasons Americans will continue to vote Republican, and being racists isn't one of them (well , I'm sure there might be a small group. ) but if the left keeps labeling anyone that doesn't jump over the fence to their side a racist, xenophobe, homophobe , etc...they will just ensure a GOP victory.
Keep pushing and see what happens.
If you candidates where smart, they'd let this get forgotten, pick some more centered candidates to represent your party then bring up the racism thing again closer to the election. This would probably guarantee a Democratic win. Currently , you've got the laughable "squad" taking up all the attention...not good for your side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 10:12 AM
 
28,248 posts, read 19,666,578 times
Reputation: 15073
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The "Rebel Media"? We must be in silly season
are you claiming that footage is fake?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top