U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:18 AM
 
Location: Ontario, NY
2,786 posts, read 6,332,374 times
Reputation: 2868

Advertisements

Is it just me or does anyone else agree that Republican's dropped the ball on not condemning Trump's racist tweets? Condemning Trump doesn't pass any new legislation, it just sends the President a clear message they are not going to tolerate or support him if he says or does the wrong things. Silence on the issue isn't good enough, Republican's need to send a clear message that they are not going to back him no matter what. Not taking a stand only will embolden President Trump to do even more radical things in the future. They shouldn't support him unquestionably just because he is a Republican President, this is how dictatorships are formed, no one speaking up against what's wrong. When did this country become a Them against Us Nation? (Republicans vs Democrats)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:20 AM
 
2,312 posts, read 504,892 times
Reputation: 2025
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else agree that Republican's dropped the ball on not condemning Trump's racist tweets? Condemning Trump doesn't pass any new legislation, it just sends the President a clear message they are not going to tolerate or support him if he says or does the wrong things. Silence on the issue isn't good enough, Republican's need to send a clear message that they are not going to back him no matter what. Not taking a stand only will embolden President Trump to do even more radical things. When did this country become a Them against Us Nation? (Republicans vs Democrats)
Being complicit to racist comments makes them racists, imo. Not being able to identify overt racist comments likely means 1) you agree and see nothing wrong, or 2) you're so ignorant of racism that you don't belong in any decision-making position like being a Senator or Congressman. Not standing up and condemning Trump's tweets/words make them cowards. I hope the American voter remembers this past few days when voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:22 AM
 
1,365 posts, read 630,271 times
Reputation: 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else agree that Republican's dropped the ball on not condemning Trump's racist tweets?
Most americans agree with him. So the republicans were right to respect what America thinks and we don't think it was racist.

There was zero wrong with what he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:25 AM
 
Location: USA
19,794 posts, read 9,517,786 times
Reputation: 14843
It's just you. Trump said nothing "racist" like the Democrats and their Media says. Don't believe them, read his actual words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:26 AM
 
2,312 posts, read 504,892 times
Reputation: 2025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Most americans agree with him. So the republicans were right to respect what America thinks and we don't think it was racist.

There was zero wrong with what he said.
Care to provide a shred of evidence that "most Americans agree with him" -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Boston
8,826 posts, read 2,587,304 times
Reputation: 6245
most people don't consider his words racist. If you're butt hurt, still aggrieved over the 2016 election, you can make those remarks as distasteful as you want in your own mind. I'll just enjoy your phony outrage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:28 AM
 
1,365 posts, read 630,271 times
Reputation: 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Care to provide a shred of evidence that "most Americans agree with him" -

AP POLL:
You always want "polls" because "polls" are shills for the liberals. Remember 2016? All the polls said Hillary was going to win... sadly they were all wrong.

Polls are useless.

I just know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:30 AM
 
Location: USA
19,794 posts, read 9,517,786 times
Reputation: 14843
Russia, Russia, Russia didn't work and was revealed as a hoax and failed coup attempt by the Democrats and Media. So now, Trump is racist. Another lie.

Yes, they are still Butt Hurt over Hillary LOSING. Like spoiled little children, they have to throw a daily temper tantrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:31 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
11,436 posts, read 6,687,415 times
Reputation: 10961
What’s a “dropped?”

They didn’t condemn Trump’s posts because the posts weren’t racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:32 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
11,436 posts, read 6,687,415 times
Reputation: 10961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Russia, Russia, Russia didn't work and was revealed as a hoax and failed coup attempt by the Democrats and Media. So now, Trump is racist. Another lie.

Yes, they are still Butt Hurt over Hillary LOSING. Like spoiled little children, they have to throw a daily temper tantrum.
Itís actually just a recycled attack. They called him racist before the Russia thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top