U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 04:16 PM

6,886 posts, read 3,811,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You were complaining about my participation in one. If you find that objectionable, the ignore feature is at your disposal. Feel free to put me on your list.
I'm not complaining. Take part all you like.
I'm simply pointing out that someone complained that this was another Trump thread and yet you both participated in it when you could quite easily ignore it. It's not like there aren't a million other threads.
I don't use the CD ignore feature - in general I don't find a need for it. I think I've used it maybe twice in 8 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 04:28 PM

1,580 posts, read 640,286 times
Keep America Great 2020

Old 07-22-2019, 06:21 PM

3,342 posts, read 2,346,579 times
" I want Trump to win. The last election was most entertaining with all the crying and screaming from the left. I never laughed so hard during any election. I want to experience that again.

He says he's not prepared to lose. Even if he wins, after the term. I dont think he ever intends to leave the WH. Its going to be great tv. Its great, a lunatic in office on prime tv.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:25 PM

9,662 posts, read 4,403,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I doubt it. He will bow out gracefully. It's funny when the Democrats accuse others of refusing to accept defeat but they are the ones that have shown the past three years that they are the ones that refuse to accept defeat gracefully.
Trump bow out gracefully? That's rich. Name one time in Trump's life where he showed grace or class.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:50 AM

5,267 posts, read 2,109,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I want Trump to win. The last election was most entertaining with all the crying and screaming from the left. I never laughed so hard during any election. I want to experience that again.

All the violence and lies from the left should secure another victory. They fuel Trump's supporters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
He says he's not prepared to lose. Even if he wins, after the term. I dont think he ever intends to leave the WH. Its going to be great tv. Its great, a lunatic in office on prime tv.
This is what some get out of an election, with citizens voting in an attempt to get an appropriate candidate to run the country? Gee, maybe in order to vote, people should be required to take a maturity exam, first.

Old 07-24-2019, 04:01 AM

5,267 posts, read 2,109,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
But we still won`t be mocking the handicapped and spitting on our POWs. Who is it that acts like a 5 year old with cutesy 2nd grade nicknames for his political opponents?
You got that right. Never has there been another in position as president who has acted in such a way. It's appalling.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:50 PM

2,958 posts, read 642,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Well, he's the president of the country I love and live in. Sort of hard to ignore him, doncha think?

Well, I apologize if that's not the correct term. Help me out. I have a hard time saying someone was elected when they lost the actual vote. So what term would be less offensive?
The "actual vote" was the votes that were cast. The Electoral College is how the president is elected. Both candidates knew this and competed for those votes.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:52 PM

9,455 posts, read 9,305,956 times
Quote:
IF Donald Trump loses the white house in 2020, and it is a big IF, we collectively need to start ignoring him, his tweets and his followers.

IF Trump loses the next election he will go off on a Twitter tirade the likes of which we've never seen before. You think he's a whiny little ***** now? Just wait until he's no longer POTUS (IF that happens in 2020)
He'll be on Fox News every day. He'll be on Twitter every minute. He'll still be holding campaign rallies (hell he still hasn't stopped campaigning against Hillary)

But the non-Fox media needs to ignore him. The people need to ignore him.

I know we won't. There is an obsession in this country with talking about the last president. I see people talking about Obama more now than when he was president.

But the more you talk about, fight with, argue with, report on Trump the more of a voice he's going to continue to have in this country. And EVEN IF you are someone who believes that Trump has done a good job with certain aspects of running the country, you're blind or a liar if you say that you think he's had a positive influence on the people of this country. Once he goes back to just being a public figure that's all he'll have. He'll only be able to stir up angst, anger & hate.

IF he loses the election in 2020 (which I suspect he will, but he could still be handed the presidency like he was in 2016) we NEED to ignore him.
I think you're wrong about one point: If he loses, Fox probably won't want him on - which will devastate him.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:06 PM

842 posts, read 152,148 times
Quote:
Well, he's the president of the country I love and live in. Sort of hard to ignore him, doncha think?

Well, I apologize if that's not the correct term. Help me out. I have a hard time saying someone was elected when they lost the actual vote. So what term would be less offensive?
its not offensive its just factually incorrect. the EC IS the vote and always has been. you can whine and cry and stomp your feet all you want about the popular vote but it is irrelevant.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:21 PM

19,072 posts, read 7,433,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
its not offensive its just factually incorrect. the EC IS the vote and always has been. you can whine and cry and stomp your feet all you want about the popular vote but it is irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or