U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 10:34 PM

5,665 posts, read 1,523,456 times

Advertisements

I remember in the days leading up to the 2016 election, the so-called MSM hypothesizing on how Trump and the GOP might refuse to accept his loss. Turns out, we all know how that turned out as we continue to watch Democrats refuse to accept the results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 10:35 PM

3,152 posts, read 950,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure man. Only Trump is keeping that from happening....
There will be celebrations across America when Trump is out of office.
We will have a lot of damage to clean up and allies to apologize to.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
I don't disagree with your point about the Democrats. Once the election was over it was over. It's understandable to a degree since the PEOPLE voted against Trump and now he's president. But still, this is reality.

But it's not just the Democrats. I hear Republicans constantly talking about Hillary still. She's a non-factor. They talk about Obama. He's a non-factor. Neither of them will ever be president.

And if you think Trump will do anything gracefully ESPECIALLY "bow out" then you've already got a jump start on exactly what I'm suggesting, because obviously you've been ignoring him since he became president.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Mueller's 'investigation' is over!" He found no 'collusion.' He found no evidence of 'obstruction.' Of what crime, he couldn't say, because there was no crime being investigated. And, it isn't the prosecutor's job to "exonerate" or not exonerate. His job was only to investigate and issue a report to the A.G. The Report was not for Congress, and they had no legal right to it..
I am looking forward to Mueller testifying before Congress on Wednesday. Strange how Trump and Barr have tried every way under the sun to stop it. Mueller found plenty of really bad things. He did not exonerate Trump. It was not in his hands to charge him with obstruction even though he found at least 10 instances of obstruction of justice. I do not believe Trump will even finish his first term. He's in a lot of legal trouble for all manner of crimes.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:17 AM

3,484 posts, read 1,367,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I am looking forward to Mueller testifying before Congress on Wednesday. Strange how Trump and Barr have tried every way under the sun to stop it. Mueller found plenty of really bad things. He did not exonerate Trump. It was not in his hands to charge him with obstruction even though he found at least 10 instances of obstruction of justice. I do not believe Trump will even finish his first term. He's in a lot of legal trouble for all manner of crimes.
What have Trump and Barr done to try to stop it?

Old 07-22-2019, 08:28 AM

34,742 posts, read 29,121,529 times
I'm a huge fan of leaving the loser of any election alone.

This nonstop campaigning and mudslinging is exhausting.

Yes, if Trump DOES not win in 2020, he'll be an ex-president and we do tend to have certain times they reappear (like inaugurations, speaking engagements, library openings, etc).

But, that's pretty much it. He can go back to being a private citizen and that should be the end of that.

I will personally not want to hear much about him after he's out of office unless there's some compelling reason (legal battles related to the presidency, etc).

Same goes for whoever runs against him, if they lose. I don't want to hear much about them later.

Fine if they're an occasional interview or speaker, that sort of thing.

But at the rally in Greenville last week, there were POSTERS about Hillary Clinton and Monica Lewinsky.

MONICA LEWINSKY. That mess is ancient history. Good grief.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:34 AM

7,093 posts, read 5,005,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I doubt it. He will bow out gracefully. It's funny when the Democrats accuse others of refusing to accept defeat but they are the ones that have shown the past three years that they are the ones that refuse to accept defeat gracefully.

What's really funny is the only people I hear talking about Hillary and Obama are Republicans. Dems have pretty much accepted that it's over. Some think he won fair, some don't, but we're over it, and onto trying to preserve America the best we can under Trump.

But if you try to discuss why Trump is wrong on ANY topic, be it racism, the budget, the economy, foreign affiars, being a liar, bowing to dictators, etc., you will almost always get (from his supporters, mind you) one of two responses: "But Hillary...." or "But Obama...."

So tell me again who has a hard time accepting that the past is the past?

Old 07-22-2019, 09:14 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,360,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
good post. people think this is about trump. its isn't. its just a symptom of the grand canyon sized divide between left and right in this country. its only going to get worse.
I hear the bomb throwing name calling rhetoric coming out of the numerous dem presidential candidates....and after spewing a half hour of hateful comments about the "other" side....they end with "I can bring this country together".

Seriously....you need an education in human relations. You don't bring people together by calling them, or their side of an issue, all manner of hateful, divisive and horrible things and then say, support me, I love you all and will bring us all together.

HRC's "deplorable" comment was about as bad as it gets. She calls half of Trumps supporters "deplorables", and thinks that's a workable strategy to getting elected and bringing the country together?????

That and of course forgetting, or ignoring" the electoral college issue. She should have visited California, where she was a slam dumk less...and spent that time elsewhere. But she apparently knew better and many now realize what a boneheaded decision that was.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:44 AM

4,837 posts, read 3,496,611 times
It feels like what would happen to trump politics if he loses, does it become a wing of the party like the freedom Caucasus/ tea party, does it keep a hold of the party and the GOP spins populist. I think most people would find that conversation interesting, but how in the world this turned into a re-interpretation of the 2016 elections is insane.
Trump supporters cant even entertain the idea without saying the country is going to hell or its an impossibility or talking about Hillary. Jesus.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:48 AM

6,884 posts, read 3,810,047 times
We need to start ignoring him now, not in 2020.

He's the biggest troll and attention seeker in History.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or