Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 11:15 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,508,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Who do you think "my tribe" is?
I'm not a political party mark. I don't align myself with anything in this country but this country. I've voted for both sides of the aisle, and am embarassed that there are basically only 2.

So if I'm getting this straight, you are responding to the situation that I posted above by asking me what I would do if the opposite happens?
I don't know. I suppose I'd do the same thing that I've been doing. I'd hope that both "sides" come up with better candidates for 2024.
Your question doesn't make much sense if you take political bias out of it. I was simply suggesting that a personality like Trump will not just take a defeat, and walk away. He has a media corporation at his fingertips (Fox) and millions of followers. My suggestion was simply that the rest of the media and the rest of the country should ignore his trolling IF he loses in 2020.
LOL. Well, we know that Hillary Clinton and the Democrats certainly did not just "take a defeat and walk away" as stated by you.

Also, your thread makes no sense if you take the politics out of it. Not that this is a problem here, as we are discussing this in the "Politics and Other Controversies" forum of this board.

So the things you are attributing to Trump, have actually been demonstrated as traits belonging to Hillary Clinton and the Democrat left, and in the last case yourself. It kind of comes across like a pretty solid case of 'Projection'.

And with that in mind, wouldn't it be a great idea for everyone to ignore the trolling by the Democrats and the media if Trump wins again? As you recommended towards Trump if he happens to lose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 11:17 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,807,296 times
Quote:
Well, he's the president of the country I love and live in. Sort of hard to ignore him, doncha think?

Well, I apologize if that's not the correct term. Help me out. I have a hard time saying someone was elected when they lost the actual vote. So what term would be less offensive?
What's "offensive" is that you claim to love and live in this country, yet you've proven that you don't know how presidents are elected here. That's a FACT.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:18 AM

51,638 posts, read 25,770,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
IF he loses, which he won’t unless the Dems get a clue, he’ll just have to go back to his sorry life of being a billionaire. He wouldn’t have to respond to anything going on in politics.
Hard to say, really.

There are several legal proceedings that will need to be settled.

His current operations are investment intensive developments with significant overhead costs. Last I read, the ones he doesn't visit are all losing money. Who will golf, stay at, buy his places once he is no longer POTUS?

Then there is the whole billionaire, wheeler-dealer business.

Potential investors may be wary. Association with the Trump name may not be viewed as a positive. His name has come off several projects already.

Then there is the distinct possibility that Trump's financial dealings will be scrutinized for money laundering. So that source of funding may thin out.

He could pick up where he left off with The Apprentice I guess.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:19 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,718,695 times
Quote:
Well, he's the president of the country I love and live in. Sort of hard to ignore him, doncha think?

Well, I apologize if that's not the correct term. Help me out. I have a hard time saying someone was elected when they lost the actual vote. So what term would be less offensive?
In other words you have a hard time accepting the RULE OF LAW and The CONSTITUTION of the United States?

Old 07-17-2019, 11:21 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,508,987 times
Quote:

You should read the US Constitution some time, especially the section about how the "Electoral College" works. It is by the votes in the "Electoral college" that the winner of the US Presidential election is determined. It has been in effect and operating this way for over 200 years now. So, if you did not know about this, that is on you.

FYI: Trump beat Hillary in the "Electoral College," 304 - 227.

It wasn't really all that close. And these are the same rules that will apply in 2020.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:23 AM

9,964 posts, read 5,660,417 times
It remains to be seen if the media will be able to shed their TDS enough to stop taking his bait and move on after he leaves office. If they can move on, the rest of the country will gladly move on with them.

Quote:
Well, I apologize if that's not the correct term. Help me out. I have a hard time saying someone was elected when they lost the actual vote.
He didn't. That's why he's the president and Hillary isn't.

Quote:
So what term would be less offensive?
President Trump.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:27 AM

30,950 posts, read 22,026,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You should read the US Constitution some time, especially the section about how the "Electoral College" works. It is by the votes in the "Electoral college" that the winner of the US Presidential election is determined. It has been in effect and operating this way for over 200 years now. So, if you did not know about this, that is on you.

It wasn't really all that close. And these are the same rules that will apply in 2020.
Guess Hillary didn't know about the Electoral College. Thats about right for a Lawyer from an Ivy League school back then, as they were smoking Dope and dropping acid 24/.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:30 AM

8,467 posts, read 6,869,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Yes of course Trump lost the popular vote but won the Presidency in the electoral college. But the undeniable fact is the majority of citizens who cast their ballots didn’t vote for Trump. That’s a fact and a reason for what many see as as an antiquated and unfair presidential election process conceived hundreds of years ago in a much different United States.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:51 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,009,402 times
Quote:

Nope according to the Republicans in this forum you must leave the country now because you don't support Trump..

Old 07-17-2019, 12:08 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times
Quote:
I don't disagree with your point about the Democrats. Once the election was over it was over. It's understandable to a degree since the PEOPLE voted against Trump and now he's president. But still, this is reality.

But it's not just the Democrats. I hear Republicans constantly talking about Hillary still. She's a non-factor. They talk about Obama. He's a non-factor. Neither of them will ever be president.

And if you think Trump will do anything gracefully ESPECIALLY "bow out" then you've already got a jump start on exactly what I'm suggesting, because obviously you've been ignoring him since he became president.
The people don't elect the president...the states do that.

If you are unhappy with the current system, amend the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies