U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can black people be racist?
Yes. Why not? 116 94.31%
No. Only whites can be racist. Explain. 6 4.88%
Other, please explain. 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM

14,230 posts, read 11,652,713 times

Advertisements

There was a poster on here a while back who started numerous threads on this subject and commented heavily on others. I can't recall his screen name (but it's like right on the tip of my tongue) but he claimed to be Black and was rabid that Black people could not be racist. It was impossible according to him.

He also claimed that racism is a thing that only White people are capable of and it is part of our genetic make up. Oh my could he put up some humdinger posts. Of course the truth is that all different races can and do have the capability of racism. There are groups within every color line that claim to be superior to other races. Some of these groups are very large. Among Hispanics, especially in the Western US, many factions preach superiority over the "Anglos" and the "Negras." But just like among African and Carribean Blacks and American Blacks there is disagreement among Mexican, and Central and South American Hispanics as to which is MOST superior.

Just like among White racist groups with Irish, Italian, Mediterranean, other European and UK Whites and of course American who are most likely a messy mix of all of the latter as to who is the "Master race." Racism even against people of the same color is prevalent. It's all rather amusing or would be if people weren't getting hurt and killed over it all.

Color and ethnic racism is a huge thing. Just look at African nations if you want to see ethnic racism at it's pinnacle. Racism isn't all about just skin tone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM

17,863 posts, read 8,912,422 times
Not to the MEDIA or Democrats (same thing).

Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM
TKO

2,966 posts, read 3,108,542 times
Another GOP propaganda type myth busted by a "gotcha poll". Of course they can. And almost all the lefties are saying so too.

The results of their racism aren't often lost jobs, lost opportunities and violations of other peoples civil rights, however.

Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM

4,144 posts, read 2,591,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The left is trying to change the definition of the term racists.

They are including power structures and the like into it.
Institutions can be racist in nature, that is nothing new. University of Alabama was racist because it had a policy of excluding people of color until 1962 when they were forced to allow black students. Isn't that racism?

Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM

860 posts, read 323,851 times
And then there is the issue of certain AA who are lighter skinned and often shunned by their own family members for not being black enough. I have a very good friend who had to deal with this growing up. Sad when it was his own family that resented him. This would be classified as racist.

Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
And then there is the issue of certain AA who are lighter skinned and often shunned by their own family members for not being black enough. I have a very good friend who had to deal with this growing up. Sad when it was his own family that resented him. This would be classified as racist.

This is what I was describing in my earlier post. Ethnic racism. Where color is not the main issue so much as genetic traits. Black, but not black enough, Hispanic, but Northern Central or Southern, White but different eyes, hair facial features etc.

There's no end to it and it doesn't stop at color lines. Then there's mixed race people, (who we all are at the end of the day) but direct hybriding of different skin tone such as Black/White, Brown/Black, Brown/White. I haven't mentioned it yet but Asians are VERY racist. Mixed race babies are often killed in some Asian countries. The Japanese are very big on racial purity and the Chinese can be as well.

I became involved with a Chinese girl when I was in school and we were very taken with one another. A genuine chemistry that you won't find everyday. But her parents were not happy and told her I had to go. It broke both our hearts but she wasn't going to go against her parents. So I went.

Racism is everywhere. Among Blacks it is OK if a Black guy is involved with a White woman but not the other way around. "What sister...You to good for da Hood?!"! Similar to what I experienced with the Chinese girl. Oh no. It's not just White people. And it is ugly.

Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM

32,492 posts, read 26,373,528 times
not only can they be racist, many ARE racist.

Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
not only can they be racist, many ARE racist.

No doubt about it.

Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM

32,492 posts, read 26,373,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
No doubt about it.

yep, all one needs to do is listen to faracrap, or omar, and they hear all kinds of racist bull crap being vomited.

Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yep, all one needs to do is listen to faracrap, or omar, and they hear all kinds of racist bull crap being vomited.

The Democrats have everything drawn up along straight color lines. They don't add in ethnicity. But that will come out eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or