U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 03:22 PM
 
50,737 posts, read 26,752,776 times
Reputation: 15886

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I thought Trump solved the Iran problem.

I would much rather have Rand Paul than Bolton giving it a shot.
Indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 03:27 PM
 
51,999 posts, read 41,835,728 times
Reputation: 32443
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I thought Trump solved the Iran problem.

I would much rather have Rand Paul than Bolton giving it a shot.
What Iran problem? It was solved during the Obama administration.

Whoa now, you weren't confusing it with the North Korean problem that Trump created were you?
That was solved during the Clinton administration you silly goose! Got Carter the nobel peace price and everything. Hugs all around.

Agree on your second sentence though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:31 PM
 
15,354 posts, read 4,053,162 times
Reputation: 11068
Trumps "strategy" is the same as with his wealth - that is, it all went away.

So, in this case, what he is doing is rolling back EVERYTHING Obama accomplished and then....like the Mexico Trade and ACA and Iran and everything else...he will put it back (mostly) 1/2 way with OTHER NAMES on it.

Sorta like other names are on all his bankrupt Casinos. Brilliant....

Rand Paul, meanwhile, is holding up the money for the 9/11 responders....crowing about how they are going to pay for it. Wait! A TRILLION deficit per year going forward and he denies care to the sick and dying first responders???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:53 PM
 
79,355 posts, read 33,653,273 times
Reputation: 15876
No fan of Trump but I like this move. Not sure what is not to like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:04 PM
 
15,354 posts, read 4,053,162 times
Reputation: 11068
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No fan of Trump but I like this move. Not sure what is not to like.
Uh, for starters.....

We and the rest of world already had a deal.

Deals are made by large groups of people - we call them Diplomats, and they usually have combined experience of 100+ years in foreign relations.

If you can show us the great deal made with China, NK, Russia, Health Care, Immigration Reform, Balancing the Budget or anything else....then maybe there would be something to it.

But it's all just PR. Reality TV.

Unilateralism simply does not work. Watch closely as the UK destroys itself. It's only common sense that "deals" have to be between the large groups (i.e. The "West") and Iran...because if Rand plays "Let's Make a Deal" and the Germans and Euros make a different deal...and then the Russians and Chinese make an even different one, then what IS the deal?

What is the goal here? Iran will have nukes before long unless we go back into the "deal" we were already in.

You can't go breaking promises in "big deals" like that when the POTUS may not even be around in two years. It's simply not a good way to operate.

I'm willing to be proven wrong but I rarely am in these cases. It's like someone telling you they are going to make a handmade piece of furniture with dovetail joints and the best workmanship and then coming back in an hour delivering it. Ain't gonna happen. It takes work and Trump doesn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:08 PM
 
79,355 posts, read 33,653,273 times
Reputation: 15876
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Uh, for starters.....

We and the rest of world already had a deal.
I never said we didn't.

Quote:
Deals are made by large groups of people - we call them Diplomats, and they usually have combined experience of 100+ years in foreign relations.

If you can show us the great deal made with China, NK, Russia, Health Care, Immigration Reform, Balancing the Budget or anything else....then maybe there would be something to it.

But it's all just PR. Reality TV.

Unilateralism simply does not work. Watch closely as the UK destroys itself. It's only common sense that "deals" have to be between the large groups (i.e. The "West") and Iran...because if Rand plays "Let's Make a Deal" and the Germans and Euros make a different deal...and then the Russians and Chinese make an even different one, then what IS the deal?

What is the goal here? Iran will have nukes before long unless we go back into the "deal" we were already in.

You can't go breaking promises in "big deals" like that when the POTUS may not even be around in two years. It's simply not a good way to operate.

I'm willing to be proven wrong but I rarely am in these cases. It's like someone telling you they are going to make a handmade piece of furniture with dovetail joints and the best workmanship and then coming back in an hour delivering it. Ain't gonna happen. It takes work and Trump doesn't work.
Of all the people Trump could have picked, IMO Rand is by far the least likely to get us into another war. Past foolish actions by Trump don't change the facts going forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:14 PM
 
29,775 posts, read 16,458,563 times
Reputation: 13840
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Maybe he can sell them an expensive Lasic eye treatment...or possibly cut their lawn?

Since he's "against drones", I will assume he was happy with their downing of a US Model.

Trump is a genius selecting this guy. After all, his home state (KY) is doing so well that old Rand has plenty of time to go and talk....."bad drones" and stuff.
Yeah we need a guy in there who will get us into another unwinable war. Genius.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:18 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,308 posts, read 16,649,496 times
Reputation: 8894
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Another genius move by our President


Politico reports that Sen. Rand Paul the outspoken anti-interventionist Libertarian Republican from Kentucky has been handpicked by President Trump as his emissary to mediate with Iran after the Kentucky senator proposed the idea.

Trump has now reportedly signed off on the plan, first pitched over the past weekend by Paul at a golf outing as a way to avoid escalating toward military conflict with Iran, according to multiple US officials.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-emissary-iran
And people think he plays too much golf! A lot of business happens on the golf course. People don't realize that. It's probably better than meeting over drinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top