U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 02:11 PM

50,755 posts, read 26,770,684 times

Advertisements

The economy would be doing exactly the same if an orangutan was in the Oval Office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 02:13 PM

15,489 posts, read 7,900,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
I can understand if people donít care for Trumps rhetoric but the economy is good, black unemployment at an all time low. Can we just go on that instead of what you might not agree with in his choice of words and Tweets?

Why did the Republicans do it back in the 1990s to Clinton if the economy is a reason to not call for impeachment....

It is primarily a political move even though Trump does have some offenses outside of lying that could be impeachable. I personally do not support it because I feel it will bolster his appeal for the 2020 election. The Democrats should listen to Pelosi and not have done it.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:14 PM

1,128 posts, read 247,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
We do have proof of Trump being a criminal -- evidence of obstruction of justice. One of the crimes that led to Nixon resigning.

The economy was going great guns under Clinton. Republican House still impeached him for lying about a consensual blow job.

Republicans were just appalled that the POTUS would lie. The very idea. You can Google some of the clips if you want to see how appalled folks like Lindsay Graham were.

Also need to consider campaign finance laws broken - paying off hush money with personal funds in order to keep women quiet might be considered against the laws.

Good point on Clinton - that's how I remember it. The economy was doing well (but courtesy of the huge defense budget cuts brought about what Reagan did in his administration - with USSR dissolving, we no longer needed to spend as much on defense and could use the funds elsewhere, close bases, etc).

https://www.heritage.org/missile-def...pays-dividends

Old 07-17-2019, 02:16 PM

4,527 posts, read 846,662 times
...because everything about this Admin is a lie. The economy of the Republican Party of Un American Activites is strong. . for the rest of the country it isn't.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Also need to consider campaign finance laws broken - paying off hush money with personal funds in order to keep women quiet might be considered against the laws.

Good point on Clinton - that's how I remember it. The economy was doing well (but courtesy of the huge defense budget cuts brought about what Reagan did in his administration - with USSR dissolving, we no longer needed to spend as much on defense and could use the funds elsewhere, close bases, etc).

https://www.heritage.org/missile-def...pays-dividends
Clinton was president during the dotcom rush. Coincidence.
Trumps economy is made up.
Numbers are fudged.
Just wait.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:18 PM

30,365 posts, read 16,661,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
The economy is good for the upper class. For the middle class its been nothing but stagnation and decline for several decades now.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...ing-2019-04-12
If Trump's economy is only good for the "upper class," how come unemployment is so low? Jobs are back, manufacturing is back, and that's good for everyone especially the middle class. And, black unemployment is a historic low. In addition, wages are up. Home ownership is also up.

"Stagnation and decline" is what we had during the Obama years. He said himself, "Those jobs aren't coming back." He said Donald Trump would "need a magic wand." He also said "2.4% GDP was no longer attainable. 1% is the new norm."

Well, I guess Donald Trump found that "magic wand." And we have broken 4.% GDP.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:20 PM
Status: "Trump: Inept, Incompetent, Insecure" (set 11 days ago)

10,523 posts, read 6,214,374 times
Even Nixon was not stupid enough to proclaim that he shouldn't be impeached for obstruction of justice due to the 'great economy'.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:22 PM
mlb

3,194 posts, read 2,862,863 times
Documents in the Cohen case are ordered to be unsealed by the judge - because they are "a matter of national importance".

Tomorrow.

Here's your high crimes and misdemeanors coming in 3......2.......1.....

Old 07-17-2019, 02:24 PM

4,181 posts, read 4,805,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
I can understand if people donít care for Trumps rhetoric but the economy is good, black unemployment at an all time low. Can we just go on that instead of what you might not agree with in his choice of words and Tweets?

To many people are dependent on the government to help them with their
misguided lives

"You don't need God anymore; you have us Democrats." ~Nancy Pelosi (Quoted 2006)

Old 07-17-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If Trump's economy is only good for the "upper class," how come unemployment is so low? Jobs are back, manufacturing is back, and that's good for everyone especially the middle class. And, black unemployment is a historic low. In addition, wages are up. Home ownership is also up.

"Stagnation and decline" is what we had during the Obama years. He said himself, "Those jobs aren't coming back." He said Donald Trump would "need a magic wand." He also said "2.4% GDP was no longer attainable. 1% is the new norm."

Well, I guess Donald Trump found that "magic wand." And we have broken 4.% GDP.
Lo unemployment? Lol. Yeah. I have three jobs. So I'm counted as three people working.
Duh . Fake math.

Or the worst case scenario....those who have dropped off the rolls and are now homeless...Trump has the eff ing nerve to claim " record lo unemployment "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or