U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 04:22 PM

32,499 posts, read 26,381,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
I can understand if people donít care for Trumps rhetoric but the economy is good, black unemployment at an all time low. Can we just go on that instead of what you might not agree with in his choice of words and Tweets?

the reasons they are calling for impeachment are;

1: they dont understand the process to begin with

2: they think it will give them an advantage in the 2020 elections

3: they are morons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 04:37 PM

11,487 posts, read 8,455,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
To many people are dependent on the government to help them with their
misguided lives

"You don't need God anymore; you have us Democrats." ~Nancy Pelosi (Quoted 2006)
You keep putting that on CD. Is there a legitimate source for this quote or did somebody just make it up.

Nancy Pelosi is a practicing Catholic. It's hard to believe she would say that.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:00 PM
mlb

3,194 posts, read 2,862,863 times
They just pull that out of their beehinds.

Members are about to go on summer vacation. Nancy knows what she is doing.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:14 PM

24,100 posts, read 11,968,087 times
Quote:
I can understand if people donít care for Trumps rhetoric but the economy is good, black unemployment at an all time low. Can we just go on that instead of what you might not agree with in his choice of words and Tweets?
Their TDS wonít allow it.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:47 PM

21,509 posts, read 14,408,525 times
Quote:
I can understand if people don’t care for Trumps rhetoric but the economy is good, black unemployment at an all time low. Can we just go on that instead of what you might not agree with in his choice of words and Tweets?
How many of us are so better off now from where we were 3 years ago? Were we any happier as a nation 3 years ago than we are now?

Or are we even more divided than we were 3 years ago?

The economy isn't the only thing that rules our daily lives, and it has not fixed all of our national troubles and our division. It hasn't even benefitted the most of us all that much. If it had, then we would all be a lot happier than we are now.

Trump understands this very well. If the economy alone was the great fix-it-all, he would be touting it much more loudly and heartily than he does. He's using his hate filled rhetoric to get him re-elected, and he wants re-election for his own reasons.

He intends to keep us all as stirred up as possible because he thinks that's the way he will win again. If he wanted all of us happy with him, it would be very easy for him to just change his rhetoric, and if he was to back off, wouldn't we all be happier?

I think we would. Even if you agree with him in everything he says, he says it so often it would be a nice relief just to hear some happier words come out of his mouth.

No one likes to be angry or filled with fear or hate all the time, non-stop, every day and night. I know a few folks who are living like that, and I'm sure you do too. They are miserable people.

I think we could all stand some relief from his constant barrage, but I fear that relief will never come until he's gone and back to private life.

If the economy turns downward, we'll deal with it. We have before many times, and we'll do it again.

Personally, I don't want Trump to be impeached. I want him defeated at the ballot box as President of the United States.

If impeachment were to begin tomorrow, the proceedings will still be proceeding by the election day next year, so all it would be is just more useless fractiousness and division.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:55 PM

5,242 posts, read 2,091,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
OR

"My foundation is failing and my walls breaking apart, but my brand new furniture looks so nice that I don't see any reason to repair my foundation"
Oh, Marsha, Marsha, Marsha....

Old Yesterday, 01:43 AM

11,823 posts, read 3,224,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I gotta hear the mental crime they come up with, as the feelings police.
LOL.

Old Yesterday, 01:54 AM

18,610 posts, read 9,618,463 times
Quote:
TDS demands impeachment without cause....it's a disease.

Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM

5,926 posts, read 2,838,477 times
Quote:
I can understand if people don’t care for Trumps rhetoric but the economy is good, black unemployment at an all time low. Can we just go on that instead of what you might not agree with in his choice of words and Tweets?
Black unemployment rate by year,

2009- 16.1
2010- 15.5
2011- 15.4
2012- 14.0
2013- 11.9
2014- 10.6
2015- 8.5
2016- 7.9
2017- 6.7
2018- 6.6
2019- 6.0

Donald Trump inherited a black unemployment rate that has been steadily falling for over 10 years.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Under Obama the black unemployment rate fell from 12.7% to 7.7% (a decrease of 5%)
Under Trump the black unemployment rate fell from 7.7% to 6.0% (a decrease of 1.7%)

Who deserves more credit and praise for lowering the black unemployment rate, Obama or Trump?

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Economic growth has been consistent since 2010.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...es-since-1990/

Last edited by chad3; Yesterday at 03:17 AM..

Old Yesterday, 02:59 AM

12,273 posts, read 9,910,942 times
I am not hearing such good news about the economy. Haven't heard to word inflation for a long time before now. Oh yeah, it was around the Bush era.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or