U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-18-2019, 07:41 AM
 
1,549 posts, read 311,069 times
Reputation: 1367

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That. The thing is, the dimwits on the left has overplayed the "race card". It's long-since become a meaningless term, simply used when one can not make a valid argument or support their point. Which is sad-there actually is a degree of real racism in this nation-from all sides. But it becomes meaningless when "the race card" is played every time that a lib loses a debate or discussion.

The way things are going-"racism" is such a meaningless insult these days that it will be taken as a badge of honor-much like being called "deplorable".
Yup. The lieberals spend so much time accusing everyone else of being a racist that it's essentially a joke at this point.


I personally have been called a racist 100s of times by lieberals on social media over the past ten or so years. I'm not the only one either.


If there's one thing that keeps me going to the polls and voting (R), it's the libelous smear falsely accusing me and any conservative of being racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2019, 08:00 AM
 
301 posts, read 41,337 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That. The thing is, the dimwits on the left has overplayed the "race card". It's long-since become a meaningless term, simply used when one can not make a valid argument or support their point. Which is sad-there actually is a degree of real racism in this nation-from all sides. But it becomes meaningless when "the race card" is played every time that a lib loses a debate or discussion.

The way things are going-"racism" is such a meaningless insult these days that it will be taken as a badge of honor-much like being called "deplorable".


I think they must know "racist" has been overplayed. That's why you'll note over about the past two years we've been conditioned into the new term and bogeyman: "White Supremacy."


This mitigates the problematic reality that over the past 10 years or so now, so much race-tinged vitriol has been sanctioned and hurled from minorities AT white people (which under most normal people's definition is RACIST)... and now puts up the new enemy. "Racism" is not the problem. "White Supremacy" is.


We'll set aside the fact that white-majority and white-controlled nations are the freeset and fairest towards minorities than anywhere else on the planet. The important thing is that only WHITE people can be convincingly painted as "white supremacists." So I'm surprised there's been so much deviation from the newspeak script with the manufacture and predictable outrage toward Trump's latest hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 08:15 AM
 
19,250 posts, read 12,256,844 times
Reputation: 10566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...xR6I_k7popefHk




LOL, nailed it. "The Squad" act like spoiled 2 year olds throwing a temper tantrum. They got away with insults and bullying tactics for so long they didn't think anyone would actually dare stand up to them. They played up the "POC privilege" card thinking that left them free of accountability or condemnation no matter how vile they got. Then they ran into an adult that actually said "NO" to them for perhaps the firsst time in their lives...and the tantrum gets louder.


That was great.


I am glad conservatives are not intimidated by these PC commie congresswomen and call it like it is.


Conservatives are not threatened or intimidated by liberal accusations of "racism", which will bring any liberal crying to their knees, begging for PC forgiveness at the altar of liberalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
27,648 posts, read 17,684,466 times
Reputation: 15712
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
I think they must know "racist" has been overplayed. That's why you'll note over about the past two years we've been conditioned into the new term and bogeyman: "White Supremacy."


This mitigates the problematic reality that over the past 10 years or so now, so much race-tinged vitriol has been sanctioned and hurled from minorities AT white people (which under most normal people's definition is RACIST)... and now puts up the new enemy. "Racism" is not the problem. "White Supremacy" is.


We'll set aside the fact that white-majority and white-controlled nations are the freeset and fairest towards minorities than anywhere else on the planet. The important thing is that only WHITE people can be convincingly painted as "white supremacists." So I'm surprised there's been so much deviation from the newspeak script with the manufacture and predictable outrage toward Trump's latest hit.
That's just the start of the re-defining of words. Patriotism and nationalism are really pretty similar-a pride in your nation, respect for its history, etc. Now however the left attacks anyone that shows any significant pride in this nation as a "white nationalist", as if simply adding the term "white" is bayd. Yes, I'm white. And yes, I'm a "nationalist". That does not make me a racist. The thing is, the left's hate towards this country has them trying to tear it, and anyone that supports it down and to label both as evil.

Really don't care how much some ignorant, spoiled children scream about it. Though listening to a two year old's tantrum does get tedious after a while. Especially when there are 4 of them, in congress, and being promoted by the MSM every single day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,529 posts, read 14,413,543 times
Reputation: 15910
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
They are no better than he is with their rhetoric.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...own_voice.html
When decent rhetoric on both sides fail, what is left but to answer back in kind?

We could force this to stop if we really wanted it. As soon as any politician is met with a barrage of disparaging comments for his speech with nary an encouraging word in it, they all change their tune really fast. But if there's any support at all for bad behavior, it's always just enough to keep the hate going, even if the support is very small.

Justification never needs much verification to bring it on. One person can become 'some people', and 'some people' can become 'many thousands of people' real fast when hateful rhetoric is working.

It has to stop on both sides equally and at the same time to ever bring a return to civil respect again. If one side ignores the people and keeps it up, the other side surely will too.

One side's silence only allows the other side to yell louder. Hate disrespects decency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:08 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,502 posts, read 19,342,369 times
Reputation: 8531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That's just the start of the re-defining of words. Patriotism and nationalism are really pretty similar-a pride in your nation, respect for its history, etc. Now however the left attacks anyone that shows any significant pride in this nation as a "white nationalist", as if simply adding the term "white" is bayd. Yes, I'm white. And yes, I'm a "nationalist". That does not make me a racist. The thing is, the left's hate towards this country has them trying to tear it, and anyone that supports it down and to label both as evil.

Really don't care how much some ignorant, spoiled children scream about it. Though listening to a two year old's tantrum does get tedious after a while. Especially when there are 4 of them, in congress, and being promoted by the MSM every single day.
Nationalism doesn't make any sense to me. One simply gets born into the society of a given country.
Nor have 95% of the population ever done anything extraordinary for their country that would justify pride. Being proud of other people's deeds is alien to me.

Not to mention that most countries have lots of skeletons in their closets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:11 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,502 posts, read 19,342,369 times
Reputation: 8531
I don't think the racism is the problem. Certainly not a reason for impeachment.

More of a problem is Trump's weird views that contradict the freedom of speech for instance.
Nor does he seem to understand that all four of those women are 100% as US American as he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:44 AM
 
6,440 posts, read 3,366,513 times
Reputation: 6625
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Go back where you came from is one of the oldest racist dog whistles.

...
Oh stop with the fake news race-baiting.
People in many states tell Californians that all the time. Same with Florida toward NYers.
Itís usually about culture, political, and lifestyle differences, not race.
Why do you democrats see racism RACISM!!! Racism!!! in neon lights 24/7 ? Doesnít it get tiresome......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
27,648 posts, read 17,684,466 times
Reputation: 15712
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Oh stop with the fake news race-baiting.
People in many states tell Californians that all the time. Same with Florida toward NYers.
Itís usually about culture, political, and lifestyle differences, not race.
Why do you democrats see racism RACISM!!! Racism!!! in neon lights 24/7 ? Doesnít it get tiresome......
Simple-because they either lack the intellect to have a rational discussion, or are trying to present a point that is just wrong or evil. Accusing the other person of "racism" avoids the need to have a conversation. It's been deemed the acceptable way to shut down any discussion-especially when randomly thrown out by a POC. They expect that simply by being POC they can attack anyone, lie about anyone and not be called out for it. THAT is what shocked the "squad" so much-someone called them for their hate and rhetoric. Due to "POC privilege" they thought they were immune to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 01:48 PM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,502 posts, read 19,342,369 times
Reputation: 8531
I think that analogy makes no sense.

When a Floridian tells a Californian to go home, it is very different. There is no Floridian citizenship. People can move from one state to another anytime they want. It is their right, no application, naturalization etc. required.

Those four women are 100% American, though, just like Trump. Trump puts it as if they were less American just because they hold very different political views - which makes no sense since it is not North Korea, hopefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top