Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 09:51 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Trump: "Go back to the countries with broken, corrupt govts, fix them, then come back and show us how you did it"

Once again the usual Democrats are up to their usual tactics, misquoting the President, concentrating on minor quibbles, ignoring the important parts, twisting what he said into something else, and the bashing him for that instead of the main point he was making.

These people need some new tactics. These haven't worked for them for a long time. And the more they try it, the more people learn to ignore them, and the farther behind they fall.

It's instructive to look at what the President DID say... all of it, for a change.

On July 14, 2019, President Trump said in a series of tweets:

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run.

Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough.

Obviously, he wasn't kicking them out of the country, or even implying it, contrary to what the Dem fanatics are now frantically screaming.

He was saying that, if they wanted to tell the rest of us how to "fix" the United States' problems, they should first go to the corrupt, failing countries they favor, fix the far more severe problems there, and then come back to the US and tell us how they did it.

He was implying, obviously, that these congressmen couldn't tell a severe problem if it bit them, much less have any idea how to fix it. And he was suggesting that they get some experience in solving ACTUAL severe problems, before telling others how to do it.

The congressmen, of course, absolutely do not want to discuss any of that. So they are seizing on his mistake where he said "who originally came from countries...", as though that were the most important thing he said.

They clearly want to divert the discussion from the most important points: That they have little or no idea what they are talking about and merely want to run down the United States, while offering no solutions and being unwilling to even try. Instead, they keep screaming and whining that he wants to throw them out, wants to throw colored people out, etc. etc..... none of which he ever said or even implied.

But it beats talking about what he did say.... and the fact that they cannot reply to it.

It's a standard Democrat-fanatic technique to ignore most of what someone says, pick out an unimportant quibble, and concentrate all their attention and vitriol on that, trying to put people on the defensive over minor matters so they won't talk about the main points that are actually important.

And they are doing it more and more, as they continue to lose their voter base and Trump moves closer to re-election despite their loudest and most hysterical efforts.
Well stated. It’s funny how I’ve yet to see a single poster calling Trump racist actually quote his whole tweet on these forums. Only the excerpt they want everyone to focus on, if they bothered quoting at all. I thought about posting the whole thing earlier, but it was amusing me to watch the leftists around here base their entire argument on 5% of his statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 09:55 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Well stated. It’s funny how I’ve yet to see a single poster calling Trump racist actually quote his whole tweet on these forums. Only the excerpt they want everyone to focus on, if they bothered quoting at all. I thought about posting the whole thing earlier, but it was amusing me to watch the leftists around here base their entire argument on 5% of his statement.
You'll find that the lying, manipulating media is just as unwilling to quote the entire thing and put comments in context. Sad that so many people are willing to run with lies and distortions because it somehow makes them feel good to play victim.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:00 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You'll find that the lying, manipulating media is just as unwilling to quote the entire thing and put comments in context. Sad that so many people are willing to run with lies and distortions because it somehow makes them feel good to play victim.
I figured that out a long time ago. I’m more likely to get my news about the United States from foreign sources than I am from any of the major networks for that reason. I look at MSM news programs with the same skepticism as I read tabloids in the checkout line.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:22 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Federal Law Says ‘Go Back To Where You Came From’ Counts As Discrimination.

"...“Ethnic slurs and other verbal or physical conduct because of nationality are illegal if they are severe or pervasive and create an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment, interfere with work performance, or negatively affect job opportunities,” the commission said on its website to describe harassment based on national origin.

“Examples of potentially unlawful conduct include insults, taunting, or ethnic epithets, such as making fun of a person’s foreign accent or comments like, ‘Go back to where you came from,’ whether made by supervisors or co-workers,” it continued..."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/feder...b085eda5a390cc

Old 07-17-2019, 10:26 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...xR6I_k7popefHk

LOL, nailed it. "The Squad" act like spoiled 2 year olds throwing a temper tantrum. They got away with insults and bullying tactics for so long they didn't think anyone would actually dare stand up to them. They played up the "POC privilege" card thinking that left them free of accountability or condemnation no matter how vile they got. Then they ran into an adult that actually said "NO" to them for perhaps the firsst time in their lives...and the tantrum gets louder.
Oh, BS.
Trump has been saying racist stuff ever since his campaign began, and acted like a racist for even longer. Racism is the underlying emotion behind his wall, his immigration policies, and his actions as a President.

It's the fuel he uses to heat up his rallies, his biggest tool in his insult bag for Tweeting, and it's pervasive in everyone he talks to, whether it is another head of state or one or his employees. He tries to disguise it, sometimes, by saying words like "Privilege" as part of his insult, but at other times, he doesn't even bother trying to couch it in other words.

I noticed you used excactly many of the same words Trump uses. The squad does not act like spoiled 2-year olds. You know it and so do I. And so does Trump. It's just another one or his insulting ways to try to trivialize a group of duly-elected, fully adult Congressional Representatives.

At best, this is uncivil disrespect of a governmental power that is equal to his own. At worst, it's a dangerous degrading of our entire society for one person's own trivial satisfaction.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:30 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Oh, BS.
Trump has been saying racist stuff ever since his campaign began, and acted like a racist for even longer. Racism is the underlying emotion behind his wall, his immigration policies, and his actions as a President.

It's the fuel he uses to heat up his rallies, his biggest tool in his insult bag for Tweeting, and it's pervasive in everyone he talks to, whether it is another head of state or one or his employees. He tries to disguise it, sometimes, by saying words like "Privilege" as part of his insult, but at other times, he doesn't even bother trying to couch it in other words.

I noticed you used excactly many of the same words Trump uses. The squad does not act like spoiled 2-year olds. You know it and so do I. And so does Trump. It's just another one or his insulting ways to try to trivialize a group of duly-elected, fully adult Congressional Representatives.

At best, this is uncivil disrespect of a governmental power that is equal to his own. At worst, it's a dangerous degrading of our entire society for one person's own trivial satisfaction.
They are no better than he is with their rhetoric.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...own_voice.html

Old 07-17-2019, 11:20 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Federal Law Says ‘Go Back To Where You Came From’ Counts As Discrimination.
I'm starting to wonder is some of these posters are bots, incapable of putting out any reasonable arguments or original ideas. They seem able to only repeat the same talking point over and over, even immediately after a prior post that debunks it completely.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:34 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
The racist bones in Trump's body.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/17/o...gtype=Homepage

Old 07-18-2019, 01:03 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Lol nice partial quote ignoring the rest to prove you are what you say.

It is possible to condemn Trump’s words without being a Democrat you know. And can handle his behavior and fixes for other countries as separate topics.
Exactly.

And I'm not a Democrat, and don't think in a comprehensive sense that Trump is a racist, but I do think that his original 7/14 Tweet was a racist statement, and I think he has handled the follow up abominably.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:20 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I'm starting to wonder is some of these posters are bots, incapable of putting out any reasonable arguments or original ideas. They seem able to only repeat the same talking point over and over, even immediately after a prior post that debunks it completely.
The prior post debunked 'going back' as a dog whistle. It didn't debunk 'going back' as a violation of Federal law. Oakformonday stated that it is a violation of Federal law.

The post you replied to/quoted (from Oakformonday) re your post above was the first time 'violation of Federal law' was mentioned in this thread, so it would be impossible for that aspect to have been previously debunked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies