U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM

20,808 posts, read 10,079,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
We should never be basing our immigration laws on what's good for other countries.

Only what's good for US...AMERICANS...should be considered.
Exactly - and that includes Mexicans and others who came here legally!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM

37,026 posts, read 16,417,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Mexicans who came here legally have told me they're against illegals and at least on the issue of the wall, are in agreement with Trump.

I think those who are here illegally or have loved ones who are here illegally are the ones complaining about it.
You could be right but I do know some of Mexican ancestry that are citizens of this country that have no relatives here illegally or any trying to come here illegally and yet they still feel an ethnic tie to Mexicans in Mexico so they aren't against them coming here illegally and don't want a wall to prevent them from doing so and are against the internal enforcement of our immigration laws. It's a tribal mentality kind of culture that overrides their loyalty to our country and respect for our immigration laws.

Last edited by Oldglory; Yesterday at 10:59 AM..

Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM

387 posts, read 147,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I've long been saying this. Latin Americans do not tolerate illegal immigration in their own countries. None of them. Chile, Dominican Republic, Mexico, etc.

But they come here and think we can't have immigration laws. It's racist to expect them to obey our immigration laws.
BS, dominican republic has 2 million ilegals, 20% of the population.
they deport some, but for the most part the number remain the same.

Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You could be right but I do know some of Mexican ancestry that are citizens of this country that have no relatives here illegally or any trying to come here illegally and yet they still feel an ethnic tie to Mexicans in Mexico so they aren't against them coming here illegally and don't want a wall to prevent them from doing so and are against the internal enforcement of our immigration laws. It's a tribal mentality kind of culture the overrides their loyalty to our country and respect for our immigration laws.
I guess ymmv depending on the person. I've talked about the maintenance guys and cleaning crew that I buy lunch for and eat with every month and maybe they're unique, but they're against illegals. Could be they feel their jobs could be in jeopardy for all I know.

And I've previously posted about an Uber driver I rode with not long ago - a Mexican woman who said she's pro-Trump simply because he's doing something about illegals. She told me she doesn't understand why they're not willing to go to Mexico City where there are jobs.

I'd be a little suspicious of anyone thinking people coming here illegally is okay. I'd wonder why they feel that way, but that's me.

Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I guess ymmv depending on the person. I've talked about the maintenance guys and cleaning crew that I buy lunch for and eat with every month and maybe they're unique, but they're against illegals. Could be they feel their jobs could be in jeopardy for all I know.

And I've previously posted about an Uber driver I rode with not long ago - a Mexican woman who said she's pro-Trump simply because he's doing something about illegals. She told me she doesn't understand why they're not willing to go to Mexico City where there are jobs.

I'd be a little suspicious of anyone thinking people coming here illegally is okay. I'd wonder why they feel that way, but that's me.
Not saying it's true but the guys you have talked may not have been honest with but just told you what you wanted to hear so they didn't appear anti-American. Behind closed doors with their ethnic group they could be saying quite the opposite. The reason that certain people support illegal immigration is because they are either brainless bleeding hearts liberals, hire them for profit or have ethnic ties to them.

Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM

26,858 posts, read 9,120,314 times
Its commonsense !!!
IDK why democrats think Mexicans are stupid and would vote against their own interest !!!
But apparently democrats do !!!

Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not saying it's true but the guys you have talked may not have been honest with but just told you what you wanted to hear so they didn't appear anti-American. Behind closed doors with their ethnic group they could be saying quite the opposite. The reason that certain people support illegal immigration is because they are either brainless bleeding hearts liberals, hire them for profit or have ethnic ties to them.
Could be. I didn't bring it up, however, they did. I even played devil's advocate and stated I felt compassion for the people coming here, without stating my position one way or another, and they were not having it.

I do think for some, it's a matter of feeling their jobs may be threatened. A few mentioned relatives who have been waiting for years to come here and they didn't feel it was fair that others weren't playing by the rules.

I have no doubt that not all Mexicans are against illegals, but I do believe a good number of them are.

Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM

14,255 posts, read 11,657,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
We should never be basing our immigration laws on what's good for other countries.

Only what's good for US...AMERICANS...should be considered.

I agree. The US and it's real citizens come first. I'm all for immigrants who come here with something to offer and intend to assimilate. Actually be Americans. Have a needed skill or something such. Still Uss citizens come first.

And illegals should be immediately deported. It shouldn't matter if they had a kid here either. That kid should be considered as just as illegal as the parents. Call me cold hearted or whatever but we need to stop this nonsense of trying to take every stray dog in the pound home.

Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Could be. I didn't bring it up, however, they did. I even played devil's advocate and stated I felt compassion for the people coming here, without stating my position one way or another, and they were not having it.

I do think for some, it's a matter of feeling their jobs may be threatened. A few mentioned relatives who have been waiting for years to come here and they didn't feel it was fair that others weren't playing by the rules.

I have no doubt that not all Mexicans are against illegals, but I do believe a good number of them are.
Well, there are far too many so-called immigrant advocacy groups run by Hispanics and then there were those marches in the streets years ago. I don't know of one single Hispanic politician who isn't for amnesty for illegal aliens. If most of these illegals were Asians or some other racial/ethnic group they'd be singing a different tune. Its a very tribal culture and it trumps our immigration laws for many of them.

Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM

35,260 posts, read 32,214,843 times
Quote:
Mexicans who came here legally have told me they're against illegals and at least on the issue of the wall, are in agreement with Trump.

I think those who are here illegally or have loved ones who are here illegally are the ones complaining about it.
I know people that are basically anchor babies from years ago, benefiting from it, that want this to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or