U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
35,704 posts, read 10,574,417 times
Reputation: 33862

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Exactly. And people need to stop paying $50K+ for these worthless degrees and these indoctrination mills. Aside from a handful of marketable majors, the vast majority of college majors are completely worthless in the job market. They are absolutely not worth a lifetime of debt.

True.

And even alumni are rethinking contributions. Aside from foundation bequests, which are soaring, support from alumni is declining. If they're smart (and they're not), college and university honchos would look at the laundry list of reasons why.

One alumnus, who removed his alma mater from his will, sniffed that they didn't need money from an old, white, male bigot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM
 
1,192 posts, read 256,377 times
Reputation: 1794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
True.

And even alumni are rethinking contributions. Aside from foundation bequests, which are soaring, support from alumni is declining. If they're smart (and they're not), college and university honchos would look at the laundry list of reasons why.

One alumnus, who removed his alma mater from his will, sniffed that they didn't need money from an old, white, male bigot.

Good! I'm sure when the higher education bubble REALLY pops the SJWs sitting in their ivory towers that run college campuses today will blame Trump and straight white males somehow. They will never admit their SJW agenda lunacy contributed to the downfall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Jersey
2,301 posts, read 3,403,448 times
Reputation: 2039
From the guide...

"The Americas encompass a lot more than the United States. There is South America, Central America, Mexico,
Canada, and the Caribbean just to name a few of 42 countries in total. That's why the word "americano" in Spanish can refer to anything on the American continent. Yet, when we talk about "Americans" in the United States, we're usually just referring
to people from the United States. This erases other cultures and depicts the United States as the dominant American country"

As an American, I feel offended and believe my culture has been diminished by this statement. You shall not erase us! Not only is the bolded part true, we were also the first modern, independent nation in the "New World" so we have first dibs, and we included the name in our official name. Are we to start referring to ourselves as United Statians and all things American as United Statian? LULZ. GTFO of here! THe person who wrote that needs some sense slapped into them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM
 
Location: USA
18,075 posts, read 8,962,215 times
Reputation: 13536
How about Amerikanistan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
 
Location: sumter
8,628 posts, read 5,407,294 times
Reputation: 6623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How about Amerikanistan?
I drive American muscle, Amerikanistan muscle just don't sound right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:13 AM
 
4,672 posts, read 917,989 times
Reputation: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
From the guide...

"The Americas encompass a lot more than the United States. There is South America, Central America, Mexico,
Canada, and the Caribbean just to name a few of 42 countries in total. That's why the word "americano" in Spanish can refer to anything on the American continent. Yet, when we talk about "Americans" in the United States, we're usually just referring
to people from the United States. This erases other cultures and depicts the United States as the dominant American country"

As an American, I feel offended and believe my culture has been diminished by this statement. You shall not erase us! Not only is the bolded part true, we were also the first modern, independent nation in the "New World" so we have first dibs, and we included the name in our official name. Are we to start referring to ourselves as United Statians and all things American as United Statian? LULZ. GTFO of here! THe person who wrote that needs some sense slapped into them.
You being offended I sympathize with whereas the university snowflakes I laugh at!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:20 AM
 
Location: USA
18,075 posts, read 8,962,215 times
Reputation: 13536
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I drive American muscle, Amerikanistan muscle just don't sound right.
Don't worry. It won't matter. The Left will outlaw gasoline powered cars in the not too distant future. Your muscle car will be a museum piece, or on the scrap heap bought under a mandatory government program similar to Obama's "Cash for Clunkers".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:53 AM
 
Location: sumter
8,628 posts, read 5,407,294 times
Reputation: 6623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Don't worry. It won't matter. The Left will outlaw gasoline powered cars in the not too distant future. Your muscle car will be a museum piece, or on the scrap heap bought under a mandatory government program similar to Obama's "Cash for Clunkers".
I'll have no problem with that, as long as the price is right. I've always had American muscle cars, and they probably will be collectors in the future. So, I'll sell one to the museum, and the next to the highest bidder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:55 AM
 
Location: USA
18,075 posts, read 8,962,215 times
Reputation: 13536
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I'll have no problem with that, as long as the price is right. I've always had American muscle cars, and they probably will be collectors in the future. So, I'll sell one to the museum, and the next to the highest bidder.
Nice, so give away your freedoms, and liberties for a few bucks. I hope others don't have that same attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:14 AM
 
4,451 posts, read 1,900,763 times
Reputation: 3046
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Eenie meanie minie moe is also offensive if you catch a tiger by the toe. Endangered species. Very insensitive.
We used to sing this as children. I learned as an adult the origin of this rhyme. Tiger is supplements the 'n' word which was in the original rhyme. One hopes this explains why it is insensitive but in today's political climate--who knows...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top