U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 09:54 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,347,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
We used to sing this as children. I learned as an adult the origin of this rhyme. Tiger is supplements the 'n' word which was in the original rhyme. One hopes this explains why it is insensitive but in today's political climate--who knows...
Why is it still insensitive if it has been altered for the explicit purpose of removing the offensive element?
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:00 AM

9,648 posts, read 10,390,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Wow. Learned the origins of quite a bit of expressions today.

Old Today, 10:02 AM

5,490 posts, read 3,225,223 times
Their logo offends me it screams of devil worship!
Attached Thumbnails
Colorado State University: 'Avoid' using words 'Americans,' 'America'-2362_colorado_state_rams-secondary-2015.png  

Last edited by Dumbdowndemocrats; Today at 10:35 AM..

Old Today, 10:20 AM

8,628 posts, read 5,407,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Nice, so give away your freedoms, and liberties for a few bucks. I hope others don't have that same attitude.
I can't take these cars with me when I'm gone, and one day I'll be too old to enjoy them. And isn't that the American way, to sell to the highest bidder. My attitude is home grown, made in the USA.

Old Today, 10:25 AM

8,628 posts, read 5,407,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Don't worry. It won't matter. The Left will outlaw gasoline powered cars in the not too distant future. Your muscle car will be a museum piece, or on the scrap heap bought under a mandatory government program similar to Obama's "Cash for Clunkers".
Gasoline powered cars are going nowhere anytime soon, I been hearing that for a long time now. You and I will probably both be dead and gone before that happens. That will hit the American economy like a ton of bricks. Politicians on both side won't be letting that happen anytime soon, especially those from the oil drilling states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or