U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

2,120 posts, read 771,742 times

Advertisements

What are “progressives” progressing to? Some form of lawless communist-anarchy? Does anyone believe that these people will stop “progressing” and become conservatives at some point? Of course not. Once the government controls healthcare and higher education they will immediately start calling for it to control food supply, banking, child care, etc.

You know the opening scene of mad max where all the people are waiting for their ruler to give them a drop of water? That’s what late stage progressivism looks like. I am petrified for the future my grandchildren will grow up in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM

2,873 posts, read 1,027,260 times
Progressive as a term would seem to imply moving forward making things better, yet today's Progressives seem so focused on feel good stuff that more stifles human interaction and progress than it does enhance it.

Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM

19,835 posts, read 14,724,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
American is banned, remember? And on that note, America the Beautiful will be changed to *An Inclusive Country Welcoming All the Beautiful*.
Touche'

Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM

19,835 posts, read 14,724,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
What are “progressives” progressing to? Some form of lawless communist-anarchy? Does anyone believe that these people will stop “progressing” and become conservatives at some point? Of course not. Once the government controls healthcare and higher education they will immediately start calling for it to control food supply, banking, child care, etc.

You know the opening scene of mad max where all the people are waiting for their ruler to give them a drop of water? That’s what late stage progressivism looks like. I am petrified for the future my grandchildren will grow up in.
I'm offended that the word progressive now mean Regressive

Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM

1,171 posts, read 246,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post

SJWs and the like want complete control over every facet of your life. They especially want full control over the vernacular. How people have let the SJW crowd get this far is beyond me. I guess when bad economic times come people will start pushing back against all of this bloated nonsense.

Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM

17,815 posts, read 19,824,802 times
The only thing liberals are patriotic for is stealing your money... It's a freaking constitutional right for them...

Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM

21,508 posts, read 14,403,478 times
In my many trips to Canada, folks there were quick to remind me they are Americans too. And so they are. North Americans, just as we and Mexico are.

The problem comes from the name of our country. If the founding fathers had chosen a different name for this country, we would be called something else. But they chose The United States of America. And they never actually gave our country the

Since calling ourselves United Statesians makes no sense, by default we used the only word in our official name that could be pluralized; Americans.

I've often wondered what an alternative might have been. One possibility I thought of that would have been possible back then was The States of Mid-Continental America.

If they had chosen that one, we could have become Continentals, the name the Brits already called us, or The Midlanders.

Both names would not have excluded Canada and Mexico from using America in their official names if chosen, and would have described us more accurately as to our homeland's geography on the world map.

Last edited by banjomike; Yesterday at 10:11 PM..

Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM

2,349 posts, read 3,926,983 times
As many times as I been to Canada, and the entire time I lived there, never once did I hear a Canadian call themselves an American.

Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 16 days ago)

9,629 posts, read 3,682,460 times
I started taking some university courses a few years ago at a major university, but was appalled at all the politics going on. College is definitely much different these days than it was back in my day. I would keep saying the word "American" if I wanted to.

Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM

1,265 posts, read 951,518 times
First they'll 'suggest' not to use America or Americans,

then they'll tell you Free does not mean Freedom - that Freedom means Slavery
and War means Peace
then they'll put you in "reeducation camps" if you don't conform

then you'll realize Orwell was right. When they control how you can SPEAK and WRITE, they'll control how you can THINK and ACT. After a awhile, a generation of slaves won't even have the VOCABULARY of how to resist.

- - -
The word NO is the root of ALL Freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or