U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,777 posts, read 16,850,253 times
Reputation: 26313

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
good grief. what a crock of feces..

here's another doozy: can't use 'food coma' because -


"More commonly known now as a "food coma," this phrase directly alludes to the stereotype of laziness associated with African-Americans. It stems from a longer (and incredibly offensive) version. Modern vernacular dropped the racial slur, leaving a faux-scientific diagnosis for the tired feeling you get after eating way too much food."
Wth? LOL! Clown. World!

Who the hell decided that "food coma" alluded to "lazy African Americans"? Who the hell comes up with this stuff?

I can assure you, not once, in my entire life, did I ever think, "those lazy African Americans" when someone said the words "food coma".

Can we PLEASE bring back asylums - these types of people need to be in them, heavily medicated, and monitored 24/7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 01:03 AM
 
4,585 posts, read 901,341 times
Reputation: 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Wth? LOL! Clown. World!

Who the hell decided that "food coma" alluded to "lazy African Americans"? Who the hell comes up with this stuff?

I can assure you, not once, in my entire life, did I ever think, "those lazy African Americans" when someone said the words "food coma".

Can we PLEASE bring back asylums - these types of people need to be in them, heavily medicated, and monitored 24/7.
People on drugs might come up with such ideas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:08 AM
 
261 posts, read 133,658 times
Reputation: 652
No more Brazil nuts on campus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:29 AM
 
6,649 posts, read 1,372,282 times
Reputation: 16718
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
First they'll 'suggest' not to use America or Americans,

then they'll tell you Free does not mean Freedom - that Freedom means Slavery
and War means Peace
then they'll put you in "reeducation camps" if you don't conform

then you'll realize Orwell was right. When they control how you can SPEAK and WRITE, they'll control how you can THINK and ACT. After a awhile, a generation of slaves won't even have the VOCABULARY of how to resist.

- - -
The word NO is the root of ALL Freedom.
I think that 1984, Brave New World, and Fahrenheit 451 should be required reading before anyone graduates from a U.S. high school.

(Yeah, right -- like that will ever happen.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:54 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
20,794 posts, read 10,070,951 times
Reputation: 20241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Wth? LOL! Clown. World!

Who the hell decided that "food coma" alluded to "lazy African Americans"? Who the hell comes up with this stuff?

I can assure you, not once, in my entire life, did I ever think, "those lazy African Americans" when someone said the words "food coma".

Can we PLEASE bring back asylums - these types of people need to be in them, heavily medicated, and monitored 24/7.
I meant to address this. THIS manufactured correlation sounds like pure racism. Food coma applies to all of us and she's the one referring to "lazy African Americans".

These dopes insult black people at every turn. They're not good enough to get jobs so standardized testing must be lowered for black people. They're not smart enough to pass school tests so we should do away with certain testing. They're not bright enough to get into college so admissions requirements should be different for them. All of their messaging is that blacks are stupid and lazy. Where is the outrage?

What kind of message does that impart on black children, by the way? It's horrible. People on the far left are horrible people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Brackenwood
3,408 posts, read 1,338,581 times
Reputation: 6726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Only matter of time before they ban American flag
Already been done. Though to be fair, the school in its generous benevolence allowed students to continue displaying their own flags.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I think an attempt to make male and female offensive , is doomed to failure - people aren't that stupid.
Not instictively, no. You have to go to college to learn how to be that stupid.

And now you know why the cultural authoritarians want free college for everyone.



Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post
I don't agree with CSU one bit. But that doesn't change my perception of the University one bit either.
The only rational explanation for this is your perception of CSU was staggeringly low to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:26 AM
 
26,841 posts, read 19,092,607 times
Reputation: 14335
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
In my many trips to Canada, folks there were quick to remind me they are Americans too. And so they are. North Americans, just as we and Mexico are.
when i was in Canada, people asked 'are you an American?'

they thought of themselves as Canadians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:32 AM
 
Location: So Cal
40,531 posts, read 40,022,838 times
Reputation: 41960
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I meant to address this. THIS manufactured correlation sounds like pure racism. Food coma applies to all of us and she's the one referring to "lazy African Americans".

These dopes insult black people at every turn. They're not good enough to get jobs so standardized testing must be lowered for black people. They're not smart enough to pass school tests so we should do away with certain testing. They're not bright enough to get into college so admissions requirements should be different for them. All of their messaging is that blacks are stupid and lazy. Where is the outrage?

What kind of message does that impart on black children, by the way? It's horrible. People on the far left are horrible people.
I've been saying this forever. It's the white liberals pulling this stuff. "The soft form of bigotry of low expectations." Is how I once heard it called.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Northern NJ/Amagansett, NY
11,011 posts, read 10,210,647 times
Reputation: 7774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've been saying this forever. It's the white liberals pulling this stuff. "The soft form of bigotry of low expectations." Is how I once heard it called.
“The soft bigotry of low expectations” is a quote attributed to George W Bush, when he signed the No Child Left Behind bill. Though, in reality, it was his speech writer that came up with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:57 AM
 
Location: USA
19,835 posts, read 14,724,130 times
Reputation: 12788
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
when i was in Canada, people asked 'are you an American?'

they thought of themselves as Canadians.
Pretty Much. Canadians identify as such, Mexicans identify as such, and people from the USA and around the world refer to people from the USA as Americans. For the most part because USAans just doesn't sound right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top