U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 07:47 PM

27,435 posts, read 15,839,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
sigh He's one of the most conservative members in the Senate.

Because the spending came after the tax cuts. Again you don't care about the truth. It isn't a taxation problem, it's a spending problem, Again keep avoiding the truth.

So if the fund said everyone gets $2 you'd be okay with that. Because after all that's all you care about. It's not the important things, like how much funding, whose going to oversee it, how long it will go on for.

Rand Paul isn't the deceitful one here. He wants accountability. Just like he wants accountability for the war mongers you love who are responsible for this. Own who you voted for. Own whose actions caused the deaths of thousands of Americans. Bush and Clinton are one in the same on this. THAT is what you refuse to see.
1st off, I don't care how conservative he is or not, he was all for cutting taxes and supporting the heroes of 9.11 in tweets, but now seeing 9.11 heroes him and Mike Lee are turning their backs citing fiscal responsibility. The same fiscal responsibility he didn't have about the tax cuts in retrospect. Him and Lee are phonies. Think critically for a minute here.

2nd off, I never said how much the individuals would get. That is putting words in my mouth and I don't take that at all.

Paul and Lee are deceitful, they BOTH said let's celebrate these heroes and then turned their backs on them citing "fiscal responsibility." They are phonies. If they wanted fiscal responsibility, they wouldn't have voted for the tax cut. The fact of the matter, fiscal conservatives only want spending cuts, not balancing the budget.

Quote:
Please do not act like there isn't fraud in governments monetary responsibilities. We know for a fact there is a lot of it. I'm not even talking about loopholes either.

How much money would or is going to be wasted on people who shouldn't receive anything when there is little oversight and accountability? Gee that doesn't happen much in the Federal government now does it? x 1 million

And you ask about fraud while trying to play some emotional game and forgetting the very same ones who put in harms way multiple times are going to take care of you? And all with little accountability? That's exactly who I wouldn't hitch my wagon up too.

They don't care much about you. How many times does it need to be said? Or should I just lie and act like they take care of Vets too even though the facts tell us different. Should I just nod my head and agree that they take care of first responders, even though, by your own words they don't? The very same people who have history of not caring are, all of a sudden, going to care? Almost eighteen years later is more proof they don't care.

I'll wait another month or so and hope there is accountability, oversight, and a limit so it's revisited 3-5 years down the line.
They tested the 9/11 fund and there is no fraud there. I can't speak for how bad fraud and lack of oversight are for others, but the 9/11 fund is doing pretty good in that regard. Not much accountability and oversight needed actually.

You have a lot of nerve playing the "emotional game" with your comments about me hating America in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:50 AM

26,833 posts, read 11,260,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
1st off, I don't care how conservative he is or not, he was all for cutting taxes and supporting the heroes of 9.11 in tweets, but now seeing 9.11 heroes him and Mike Lee are turning their backs citing fiscal responsibility. The same fiscal responsibility he didn't have about the tax cuts in retrospect. Him and Lee are phonies. Think critically for a minute here.
Because the spending came after the tax cuts. Again you don't care about the truth. It isn't a taxation problem, it's a spending problem. Critical thinking is something you avoid because you follow the losers who didn't see the biggest collapse since the Great Depression coming.

Quote:
2nd off, I never said how much the individuals would get. That is putting words in my mouth and I don't take that at all.
I never said you did. Keep making things up.

Quote:
Paul and Lee are deceitful, they BOTH said let's celebrate these heroes and then turned their backs on them citing "fiscal responsibility."
Rand Paul isn't the deceitful one here. He wants accountability. THAT is what you refuse to see.

Quote:
They are phonies. If they wanted fiscal responsibility, they wouldn't have voted for the tax cut. The fact of the matter, fiscal conservatives only want spending cuts, not balancing the budget.
Because the spending came after the tax cuts. Again you don't care about the truth. It isn't a taxation problem, it's a spending problem, Again keep avoiding the truth.

Quote:
They tested the 9/11 fund and there is no fraud there.
No such thing. No one tested it. Not that you care about the truth.
Guess when fraud happens? When the money is distributed. duhhhhhhhh Guess what? The money hasn't been distributed and when it does THAT is when the fraud kicks in. How in the world did you not know that? You actually though I was talking about the fraud in setting up the fund??? Setting it up?? LMAO

Quote:
I can't speak for how bad fraud and lack of oversight are for others, but the 9/11 fund is doing pretty good in that regard. Not much accountability and oversight needed actually.
You don't know what you're talking about and you know nothing about the 9/11 fund and how it's going to be distributed because no one knows yet. Keep making things up.

Quote:
You have a lot of nerve playing the "emotional game" with your comments about me hating America in this thread.
Your entire post is made up. You have no understanding about debt and spending. You have no understanding of how the fund will be distributed. Not once have you backed up anything you said with facts, logic, or reason. Just repeated the same nonsense.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; Yesterday at 01:03 AM..

Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Again you don't know what your talking about.
Your post is irrational and meaningless. Everything in my post was spot on and the truth. You never tried to refute one thing. Because you cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
First off I had to register for the program. I had to give time and dates that I was there and it had to correspond to my memobooks. We can't just say we were there. We have to provide proof. As I said earlier we have to have any diseases from 9/11 verified from Dr's that are not our own.
Not one thing you posted has to do with my post, Not one.

And guess what? It's not about you anyway. As if a single point, even if it did make sense, means much.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; Yesterday at 01:15 AM..

Old Yesterday, 06:07 AM

27,435 posts, read 15,839,217 times
Quote:
Because the spending came after the tax cuts. Again you don't care about the truth. It isn't a taxation problem, it's a spending problem. Critical thinking is something you avoid because you follow the losers who didn't see the biggest collapse since the Great Depression coming.

I never said you did. Keep making things up.

Rand Paul isn't the deceitful one here. He wants accountability. THAT is what you refuse to see.

No such thing. No one tested it. Not that you care about the truth.
Guess when fraud happens? When the money is distributed. duhhhhhhhh Guess what? The money hasn't been distributed and when it does THAT is when the fraud kicks in. How in the world did you not know that? You actually though I was talking about the fraud in setting up the fund??? Setting it up?? LMAO

You don't know what you're talking about and you know nothing about the 9/11 fund and how it's going to be distributed because no one knows yet. Keep making things up.

Your entire post is made up. You have no understanding about debt and spending. You have no understanding of how the fund will be distributed. Not once have you backed up anything you said with facts, logic, or reason. Just repeated the same nonsense.
You are claiming I do not have facts or logic, I do. The problem is you don't care to admit that I am right. You truly know as much as I do about the 9/11 fund, if not less because you are saying it is over run with fraud. A hero who had to use the fund told you what they went through with it and you don't believe it. I can cite any number of articles or show you the videos and you still won't believe it because of confirmation bias. You've already shown that and you have also ad homed me because I date say that Rand Paul don't care about the 9/11 heroes. Guess what, he don't. Paul and Mike Lee are phonies. They never once complained about the wall funding after the tax cuts but yet 9/11 needs means testing before he could vote on it? The guy is a turncoat and don't care about the heroes of 9/11 dying from 9/11 related diseases and cancers or had injuries related to the attacks or clean up effort.

Old Yesterday, 06:09 AM

15,435 posts, read 5,255,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What a great doctor I am disgusted of always hearing what a great guy this pandering idiot is.
He'll never be able to step foot in NYC ever again.

Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM

7,064 posts, read 4,022,372 times
Hmmm...Not that I agree with everything she says but....
Attached Thumbnails
Rand Paul blocks vote on bill to aid 9/11 first responders-whohates.jpg  

Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM

19,648 posts, read 12,470,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What a great doctor I am disgusted of always hearing what a great guy this pandering idiot is.
How did he vote on the tax giveaway? Oh, Yeah, he was for it. Obviously he only worries about the cost of something when it doesn't involve the top 1%.

Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM

13,207 posts, read 4,509,839 times
How does ONE Senator block anything? Who else voted no?

Edit: ok, I see it had to pass with unanimous vote. Why unanimous? Why couldn't it have been like everything else and do majority vote?

Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM

Quote:
You are claiming I do not have facts or logic, I do.
You haven't presented any yet

Quote:
The problem is you don't care to admit that I am right.
The problem is you don't care about the truth.

Quote:
You truly know as much as I do about the 9/11 fund, if not less because you are saying it is over run with fraud.
Again, The problem is you don't care about the truth. Lets see if you actually respond to my next statement or you continue to bather on while avoiding the facts and the truth. One more time in hopes you don't deflect.
1. Government spending is known to have fraud.
2. When there is unknown oversight the fraud cannot be stopped.
3. The fraud I am discussing is when the money is distributed.

You're the only one making it about the actual fund.

Quote:
A hero who had to use the fund told you what they went through with it and you don't believe it.
The problem is you don't care about the truth. One more time in hopes you don't deflect. It's not about one data point which only someone who doesn't care about the truth would say. The fund hasn't been distributed so it has not been used. Make something else up.

Quote:
I can cite any number of articles or show you the videos and you still won't believe it because of confirmation bias.
This doesn't make sense. There is no such thing as confirmation bias.

Quote:
You've already shown that and you have also ad homed me because I date say that Rand Paul don't care about the 9/11 heroes. Guess what, he don't.
Again, The problem is you don't care about the truth.
One more times in hopes you don't deflect and actually respond to my comment. They want oversight and they do not want a blank check written. Paul wants spending cuts whenever there is an increase. He is presenting an amendment to do so.Not that you care about the truth

Quote:
Paul and Mike Lee are phonies.
They are not the phonies here. That much is obvious to those who seek the truth.

Quote:
They never once complained about the wall funding after the tax cuts
Paul fought the funding when Trump overstepped his authority. That is a fact which is something you don't care about.

Quote:
but yet 9/11 needs means testing before he could vote on it?
Again, The problem is you don't care about the truth. There is no such thing as testing. That's something you made up.

Quote:
The guy is a turncoat and don't care about the heroes of 9/11 dying from 9/11 related diseases and cancers or had injuries related to the attacks or clean up effort.
One more times in hopes you don't deflect and actually respond to my comment. They want oversight and they do not want a blank check written. Paul wants spending cuts whenever there is an increase. He is presenting an amendment to do so. Not that you care about the truth.

Whatever you do, don't directly respond to anything I've posted with facts, logic, and reason. Keep making things up while deflecting. Because that's what people do who don't care about the truth. That's what people do who don't want an honest discussion.

Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
How does ONE Senator block anything? Who else voted no?

Edit: ok, I see it had to pass with unanimous vote. Why unanimous? Why couldn't it have been like everything else and do majority vote?
He hasn't blocked anything.
It was a voice vote. Paul wanted an actual vote because that is preceded by a discussion and amendments to the actual bill. He wants an amendment added.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies