U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:19 AM

26,846 posts, read 11,264,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So how do you suppose we pay down the national debt? Monopoly money? Credit card? If we didn't have trillions in national debt, the tax cuts wouldn't be part of the spending problem.
Lower spending. Not that you care about the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:33 AM

Quote:
We don't know if foreign policy caused it or not and if so what policy actually did. It is easy to play Monday morning quarterback but the fact is, it happened. We can play hindsight but what good did it do? Luckily since 9/11/01, any act of terrorism on U.S. soil has been lone wolf shootings with nowhere near the body count and nowhere near the destruction. We may never have to again pay out what we need to for 9/11 heroes thankfully due to intelligence and viligence. The problem is we have one here and they live with the remnants of it with respiratory disease, injuries or even cancer.
Yes we do know.
1. Invading and occupying their sovereign nations.
2. Murdering innocent people.
3. Desecrating holy lands.
4. Undying support of Israel
Were the reasons given.

How hard is it to understand that when you shoot at someone they will shoot back?

Quote:
We created the 9/11 victim compensation fund in 2001 to help people who had these injuries. In this one government program, there has only been one person who was found guilty of fraud. I'm not talking Medicare, I'm not talking section 8, just the VCF. You knew this, yet you were dishonest and included that even if I said that government fraud is common in other cases.
The only dishonest one here is you and it's laughable that you would continue posting deceitful comments.
Again one more time in hopes you care about the truth. Fraud in government is common.
You were proven wrong when you said you couldn't find any and now your making it about something else. The backpeddling and deflection is laughable.

Quote:
The relevant program here is the VCF and the VCF alone. I have no idea why you had to bring those up, knowing that I was talking about the VCF. I do, but it is a dishonest reason and I hope it isn't the reason you did.
I said fraud in government is common. Everything you've said here, you made up and has nothing to do with what we were discussing.

Quote:
Senator Paul and Lee were the only two to want to die on this hill. Senator Cruz, who is typically with them and I think is a total fool didn't. Cruz has more principle than Paul and Lee. I have never ever given props to Cruz especially after his "Cat in the Hat" filibuster. This should tell you something. The fact is, Paul acted like a penny puncher on this issue that within the next 20/25 years shouldn't be a problem anymore. In that time, either the heroes are fully cured or dead. It is funded unto 2099, just to prevent another fight down the road.
It was funded that long because government proves, yet again, they care not about spending or fiscal restraint.
You have no idea if there will or wont be problems down the line. Make soemthing else up as you avoid the truth. Yet again

Quote:
As for Paul's amendment, it was a political theatre stunt. I don't often call that because often there is more to the story, but this is what it is on the surface.
He always says to cut spending elsewhere when we increase spending. Not that you care about the truth.

Quote:
He asked for some type of spending cut or tax for it. The 1% or less of the tax bill added and quarters on the dollar to the funding bill voted on earlier this year and the debt itself. Now I guess one can make the argument about INE spending item leads to another, but the problem here was this wasn't the hill to die on. Politically, only 20 Senators and Representatives voted down the extension and the tacked on 10 billion to the VCF. 20 (I think it was 17 nehs in the House) out of 538 is not even 1% that were in the wrong here. Less than 1% disagreed to the most unifying issue in our broken Congress that can't agree on the weather outside. Let that sink in for a minute.
Unlike the dirty politicians you support, Rand Paul is consistent and has a backbone. Unlike the dirty politicians you support and love Rand Paul is true to his word. Not that you care about the truth

Quote:
I know you'll likely disagree with me. Possibly say that Paul and Lee are heroes rather than goats. Call me a tax and spend liberal. Say I'm condoning spending like a drunken sailor. The fact is, Lee and Paul picked the poorest fight. One that is no win. I guess I can say that is his principle but you gotta know when to shut up like he did with Christie in the first Republican debate. He didn't learn from that lesson here and now has made a political enemy in Jon Stewart who like my brother and myself fully believe in 9/11 Never Forget.
Unlike the dirty politicians you support, Rand Paul is consistent and has a backbone.

Quote:
I do seek the truth. The difference is I do subscribe to your truth so that make me false in your eyes.
No you don't. Your posts prove it. You blather on about increased debt but have no idea what causes it.

Quote:
I don't think you are false but rather misguided into thinking the same thing Rand Paul and Mike Lee think. It is fine to question spending but why did we need a tax cut that didn't help the economy
It did help the economy. Only someone who is ignorant on economics would say otherwise. We the people spend money more efficiently than government. Not that you care about the truth.

Quote:
when our debt is still going up and thanks to the tax cut is growing faster than non-recovery years under Obama? Guess who voted yeh that time...
The debt is going up because of spending. Not that you care about the truth.

Old Today, 09:37 AM

1,714 posts, read 419,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Lower spending. Not that you care about the truth.
That or washing and cleaning all the dishes of all restaurants as a way to pay our debts.

Old Today, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
That or washing and cleaning all the dishes of all restaurants as a way to pay our debts.
If we taxed fat people the debt would be cleared up in no time.

Old Today, 11:08 AM

27,448 posts, read 15,844,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
The tax cuts aren't part of the spending problem now. Congress spending money like drunken sailors on shore leave is the spending problem.
They are since Paul claims to want to drive the debt down. Cutting taxes don't do that.

Old Today, 11:19 AM

7,019 posts, read 7,807,253 times
Quote:
They are since Paul claims to want to drive the debt down. Cutting taxes don't do that.
You are correct, cutting taxes won't fix spending. Nor will raising taxes. Taxes have nothing to do with our government's inability to create a budget that is balanced.

Why do you want the government to take more money from the people in order to offset their spending? Why aren't you complaining to you representative and senator about the excessive spending?

Old Today, 03:50 PM

27,448 posts, read 15,844,101 times
Quote:
You are correct, cutting taxes won't fix spending. Nor will raising taxes. Taxes have nothing to do with our government's inability to create a budget that is balanced.

Why do you want the government to take more money from the people in order to offset their spending? Why aren't you complaining to you representative and senator about the excessive spending?
It is about the national debt. The two wars we continue to pay for on credit card. This is the equivalent of getting a pay cut when your personal debt is coming due. When we have nearly 20 trillion in national debt is it one right to cut taxes and pay it down slower (while adding more interest to the bill) and two worth complaining about a 10 billion survivor fund for those that were wrongly told it was safe to go into Ground Zero?

Old Today, 04:09 PM

10,633 posts, read 10,885,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
At some point we do need to start paying for things.....or not pay for anything.
Did you care about the trillion dollar annual deficits Trump created with the tax cuts he didn't pay for? Did Rand Paul?

Why does the fake libertarian Paul finally care about the national debt and want to balance it on 9/11 first responders?

Old Today, 04:10 PM

10,633 posts, read 10,885,846 times
Quote:

Republicans were in control. They are the ones the added trillions to the national credit card, happy to pass a tax cut without spending cuts to pay for it. At least dems tax people when they spend

Old Today, 05:59 PM

7,019 posts, read 7,807,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Republicans were in control. They are the ones the added trillions to the national credit card, happy to pass a tax cut without spending cuts to pay for it. At least dems tax people when they spend
If you notice, I didn't blame either side. I'm neither R nor D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies