Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 03:44 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We could have stopped Syria if we had wanted to and the last (D) candidate was a major war monger .
Yeah. So far, Trump my make belligerent tweets at 3 AM but has otherwise been less bomb happy than past presidents so I guess I have one thing I like about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 03:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
[/b]
So it is, likely including Rand Paul and his buddy Donald Trump, who had no problem at all with spending yet another million or so of our tax dollars on yet another golf jaunt just last weekend.

Wonder what Trump had to say to Paul about funding for the 9/11 first responders while rolling around on the (overburdened) golf cart?

I, along with many of my fellow Kentuckians, immediately called Paul's D.C. office to object to his vote as soon as I learned of it. I had to leave a message, as no one was in to answer the phone, but at least, unlike that of my fellow un-representative Mitch McConnell, Paul's voice mailbox was receiving messages. No idea if he actually listens to them, of course.
You didn't listen. He didn't vote and he didn't block anything. All he did was something most politicians do not do and it was something you apparently don't like. He kept his word.

So Rand Paul is against increased spending and votes against it but because he went golfing with Trump means what now??? Quit making things up.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:47 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah. So far, Trump my make belligerent tweets at 3 AM but has otherwise been less bomb happy than past presidents so I guess I have one thing I like about him.
If only he wasn't such a lousy human being.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:48 PM

652 posts, read 340,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can't pin that on Rand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
He's in the GOP. So yes you can.
Typical liberal ignorance

Old 07-18-2019, 03:49 PM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
[/b]
So it is, likely including Rand Paul and his buddy Donald Trump, who had no problem at all with spending yet another million or so of our tax dollars on yet another golf jaunt just last weekend.

Wonder what Trump had to say to Paul about funding for the 9/11 first responders while rolling around on the (overburdened) golf cart?

I, along with many of my fellow Kentuckians, immediately called Paul's D.C. office to object to his vote as soon as I learned of it. I had to leave a message, as no one was in to answer the phone, but at least, unlike that of my fellow un-representative Mitch McConnell, Paul's voice mailbox was receiving messages. No idea if he actually listens to them, of course.
He's got some 23 year old caseworker listening to them, he doesn't listen to them. You'll get a nice letter from him expressing his shared concern for those in need. They have machines generate those letters.

No new expenditures with accompanying cuts, makes sense to me. I think he's on to something!

He has no problem with helping them. Don't get the vapors.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:59 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually he is about the only one not pandering.
How is paying the bills for those who rushed in to save lives and are now crippled 'pandering'?

We owe those firefighters a little more than a pat on the back and a "Good Job. Now shut up and get back to work."

Life is worth more than only money. And in every life, some debts always deserve repayment in full.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Paul has voted to increase our debt by trillions. He can go to hell.
No, Paul never has and you have no proof.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:00 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
Typical liberal ignorance
Political BS

Old 07-18-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
How is paying the bills for those who rushed in to save lives and are now crippled 'pandering'?

We owe those firefighters a little more than a pat on the back and a "Good Job. Now shut up and get back to work."

Life is worth more than only money. And in every life, some debts always deserve repayment in full.
Then why do you vote for the ones who are doing the exact same thing that caused the 9/11 attack? Why do you vote for the war mongers and then complain when others retaliate?

Old 07-18-2019, 04:02 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
9/11, Never Forget.

Rand Paul,"forget them"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies