Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 05:37 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And this "bleeding heart spending" is for heroes and is necessary to cover those who stepped up in 9/11. Do you hate rescue workers who have cancer despite being told "it's safe."
In fairness, bleeding heart or not, finding methods should be figured out before any spending is approved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 08:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
And this "bleeding heart spending" is for heroes and is necessary to cover those who stepped up in 9/11.
It is always necessary. Why listen to you when you get so much wrong?

Quote:
Do you hate rescue workers who have cancer despite being told "it's safe."
And 17 years after the fact they step up and that's who you hang your hat on? hip hip hurray

Old 07-24-2019, 08:48 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
No because Rand Paul and Mike Lee were the only two to fight this, 98-2. 98 yehs, 2 nehs. Senators Paul and Lee were the nehs.
Yes they were the only smart ones. They are the only ones who are not posers.

Quote:
Say what you want about oversight and accountability, but the fact of the matter compared to the expanded national debt liability of the tax bill that both Paul and Lee voted yeh on, the 10 billion (with a B) (source: WaPo) is pennies on the dollars to the 1 (source: NYT) to 2 trillion (with a T) (source: VF) for the tax bill. Paul and Lee are heartless hypocrites. I hope they get voted out because Stewart takes the fight to the polls with a PAC against the liars and selective conservatives.
They didn't vote for the spendingbill which added to the debt. It's a spending problem. Not that you care about the truth.

Quote:
As for the oversight and accountability, unlike typical government programs, in the past 18 years they are rare evidence of fraud in it. I only found one and this was from 2006 for a New Jersey truck driver (Source: Insurance Journal.) That said, I couldn't tell if that was a local compensation or the federal one from the article.
Rare evidence? Rare?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This took me 5 seconds
Medicare Funds Totaling $60 Billion Improperly Paid, Report Finds
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/medi...ry?id=32604330

The $272 billion swindle -Why thieves love America’s health-care system

The 865-unit complex had a garage full of Porsches and Aston Martins—and 500 residents claiming Medicaid, which is meant for the poor and disabled. Though many claims had been filed legitimately, some looked iffy. Last August six residents were charged. Within weeks another 150 had stopped claiming assistance, says Robert Byrnes, one of the investigators.

https://www.economist.com/united-sta...illion-swindle

Quote:
Jon Stewart has claimed it is 0 (this is where my 0 stat has come from.) I know, I know, hard to believe that a government program doesn't have it, but I think that is by design. Unlike most programs, this is limited to people who lived and worked in the area or were the first respondents whether they were lost for some time and survived or rescuers going into the rubble for nearly a year afterwards. Retiredcop talked about how it is worked like a workman's comp case with needing to see a third party doctor to even get confirmed.

FYI, I have listened to Sen. Paul but he has no place to speak. I lived on Long Island from birth until I was 19 and seven months old. I remember 9/11/2001 and how sunny it was in Westbury, NY at the high school at the bottom of the hill on my street. The sky was blackened due the sut coming from 30-40 miles away, carried by the wind. I remember going back upstate and going on the T-Neck Bridge connecting the Grand Central Parkway in Queens to the I-95 in the Bronx just two weekends later, (a weekend after the bridge ban was lifted.) The smoke was disgusting then. I forget if we went another time but the visual of the smoke still coming up and the hole in the skyline I didn't see on 9/9/01 (two days before) stuck with me all these 18 years later. He doesn't have any connection to this and instead voted on his damn stupid selective fiscal conservatism principle. He isn't principled and I'll show it.
Nothing of substance in this entire diatribe, Nothing.

Quote:
Paul talked about how he wanted the fund included IN the tax bill. It wasn't and talked about how the bill needed spending cuts to coincide with it. Now if he wanted the extension IN the tax bill in the first place, why didn't he filibuster it or fight for it? Why did he just laydown and side with party over country? He don't give a damn about the heroes and he showed it again today. And Lee is just as bad for lying to Stewart and the heroes. **** you Paul! **** you Lee!
It was his amendment and it didn't pass because people like you elect people who dont care about debt and future generations. The same ones whose foreign policy caused all this.

Are you ever right? Do you ever seek the truth?

Old 07-24-2019, 09:12 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,839 times
https://news.yahoo.com/jon-stewart-c...sf_akfmevaatca TY Jon. I know if I should get sick and pass from a 9/11 related disease my family will be taken care of!

Old 07-25-2019, 01:20 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yes they were the only smart ones. They are the only ones who are not posers.

They didn't vote for the spendingbill which added to the debt. It's a spending problem. Not that you care about the truth.

Rare evidence? Rare?

This took me 5 seconds
Medicare Funds Totaling $60 Billion Improperly Paid, Report Finds
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/medi...ry?id=32604330

The $272 billion swindle -Why thieves love America’s health-care system

The 865-unit complex had a garage full of Porsches and Aston Martins—and 500 residents claiming Medicaid, which is meant for the poor and disabled. Though many claims had been filed legitimately, some looked iffy. Last August six residents were charged. Within weeks another 150 had stopped claiming assistance, says Robert Byrnes, one of the investigators.

https://www.economist.com/united-sta...illion-swindle

Nothing of substance in this entire diatribe, Nothing.

It was his amendment and it didn't pass because people like you elect people who dont care about debt and future generations. The same ones whose foreign policy caused all this.

Are you ever right? Do you ever seek the truth?
We don't know if foreign policy caused it or not and if so what policy actually did. It is easy to play Monday morning quarterback but the fact is, it happened. We can play hindsight but what good did it do? Luckily since 9/11/01, any act of terrorism on U.S. soil has been lone wolf shootings with nowhere near the body count and nowhere near the destruction. We may never have to again pay out what we need to for 9/11 heroes thankfully due to intelligence and viligence. The problem is we have one here and they live with the remnants of it with respiratory disease, injuries or even cancer.

We created the 9/11 victim compensation fund in 2001 to help people who had these injuries. In this one government program, there has only been one person who was found guilty of fraud. I'm not talking Medicare, I'm not talking section 8, just the VCF. You knew this, yet you were dishonest and included that even if I said that government fraud is common in other cases. The relevant program here is the VCF and the VCF alone. I have no idea why you had to bring those up, knowing that I was talking about the VCF. I do, but it is a dishonest reason and I hope it isn't the reason you did.

Senator Paul and Lee were the only two to want to die on this hill. Senator Cruz, who is typically with them and I think is a total fool didn't. Cruz has more principle than Paul and Lee. I have never ever given props to Cruz especially after his "Cat in the Hat" filibuster. This should tell you something. The fact is, Paul acted like a penny puncher on this issue that within the next 20/25 years shouldn't be a problem anymore. In that time, either the heroes are fully cured or dead. It is funded unto 2099, just to prevent another fight down the road.

As for Paul's amendment, it was a political theatre stunt. I don't often call that because often there is more to the story, but this is what it is on the surface. He asked for some type of spending cut or tax for it. The 1% or less of the tax bill added and quarters on the dollar to the funding bill voted on earlier this year and the debt itself. Now I guess one can make the argument about INE spending item leads to another, but the problem here was this wasn't the hill to die on. Politically, only 20 Senators and Representatives voted down the extension and the tacked on 10 billion to the VCF. 20 (I think it was 17 nehs in the House) out of 538 is not even 1% that were in the wrong here. Less than 1% disagreed to the most unifying issue in our broken Congress that can't agree on the weather outside. Let that sink in for a minute.

I know you'll likely disagree with me. Possibly say that Paul and Lee are heroes rather than goats. Call me a tax and spend liberal. Say I'm condoning spending like a drunken sailor. The fact is, Lee and Paul picked the poorest fight. One that is no win. I guess I can say that is his principle but you gotta know when to shut up like he did with Christie in the first Republican debate. He didn't learn from that lesson here and now has made a political enemy in Jon Stewart who like my brother and myself fully believe in 9/11 Never Forget.

I do seek the truth. The difference is I do subscribe to your truth so that make me false in your eyes. I don't think you are false but rather misguided into thinking the same thing Rand Paul and Mike Lee think. It is fine to question spending but why did we need a tax cut that didn't help the economy when our debt is still going up and thanks to the tax cut is growing faster than non-recovery years under Obama? Guess who voted yeh that time...

Old 07-25-2019, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
In fairness, bleeding heart or not, finding methods should be figured out before any spending is approved.
Would that have included the Trump tax cut that added an extra trillion I'm debt liability you come? Paul and Lee both voted yes on that but died on this hill.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Would that have included the Trump tax cut that added an extra trillion I'm debt liability you come? Paul and Lee both voted yes on that but died on this hill.
No, why would it? Tax cuts aren't spending. The fact that our government can't stop themselves from spending more than it receives is a separate issue from the tax cuts.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
No, why would it? Tax cuts aren't spending. The fact that our government can't stop themselves from spending more than it receives is a separate issue from the tax cuts.
So how do you suppose we pay down the national debt? Monopoly money? Credit card? If we didn't have trillions in national debt, the tax cuts wouldn't be part of the spending problem.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:24 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
And this "bleeding heart spending" is for heroes and is necessary to cover those who stepped up in 9/11. Do you hate rescue workers who have cancer despite being told "it's safe."
All spending is done with money taking by force from other Americans, and starts off as a hateful act, so don't sermonize. You don't hold any moral high ground with your desire/demand to spend other people's money, so the pontification is a dog that simply will not hunt.

That said, Rand Paul is saying no, just a Coburn did for the Katrina relief ting in 2005, because he wants to see if any wasteful, pork barrel, unnecessary spending can be removed in order to offset another new tab the American taxpayers (mugging victims) have to pick up. And it is an important conversation, since the present and future debt is more harm inflicted on all Americans.

Your appeal to sympathy/emotion conveniently forgets those people - the American citizen. It is those people who bear the weight of your bleeding heart demands. Do you realize how hateful you are to your fellow citizen to demand such things?

Old 07-25-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
So how do you suppose we pay down the national debt? Monopoly money? Credit card? If we didn't have trillions in national debt, the tax cuts wouldn't be part of the spending problem.
The tax cuts aren't part of the spending problem now. Congress spending money like drunken sailors on shore leave is the spending problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies