U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 06:59 PM

3,035 posts, read 4,110,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
In my view, Trump will be re-elected and after five more years of this, he will walk away leaving a burning rubble behind him. The cyclical economy will stall at some point and based on the Senate map, the GOP will likely lose control in 2022. Democrats will delight in not giving Trump a SCJ during his last two years and Trump will lose it.

As Trump walks away, the country will be on the brink of civil war with both sides hating the other side with the heat of a thousand suns. I'm guessing his supporters will be highly motivated through the next election, then they will go quiet, not really caring anymore because their investment was in Trump the personality more than anything else. They love that he's an ******* and that he hates the other half of the country like they do.

Once Trump can no longer run, his supporter's anger will be exhausted while the anger on the other side will be unquenchable. We've never had anyone like Trump that truly delights in representing only his base and inciting anger. The desire for retribution will likely tear this country apart.

The debt will be through the roof, farmers, miners and rust belters will be in the same shape or worse, blue states will want full on revenge, refusing to so much as interview a person from a red state while our allies will have started working without us because we can no longer be relied upon.

What does the country look like AFTER TRUMP?
I have been reading lots of history books about politics from 1830 to 1920.

These days....are just like the good old days during that time period.

Remember the most HATED President in American history is on your $5 bill and pennies. Trump has a long, long, long ways to go before as many people hate him like they hated Lincoln.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 06:59 PM

8,534 posts, read 12,504,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
And what comes next is what is truly frightening. I think this is when we'll see localized 'Handmaid's Tale' style authoritarian regimes that are all but prison states throughout the former Confederate states. I think joining Canada will be a debate for many northern states at that point but ultimately the US will remain, just without much of the South. I think red states will be fine with their own religious dictatorships and won't try to conquer blue states unless given a reason to.
What freakin bizzaro world are you living in.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:03 PM
Status: "Trump: Inept, Incompetent, Insecure" (set 23 days ago)

10,533 posts, read 6,232,256 times
The end of the United States of America, as we know it.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:04 PM

29,745 posts, read 15,561,405 times
If Trump is reelected, more prosperity.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:05 PM

26,878 posts, read 11,286,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
In my view, Trump will be re-elected and after five more years of this, he will walk away leaving a burning rubble behind him. The cyclical economy will stall at some point and based on the Senate map, the GOP will likely lose control in 2022. Democrats will delight in not giving Trump a SCJ during his last two years and Trump will lose it.

As Trump walks away, the country will be on the brink of civil war with both sides hating the other side with the heat of a thousand suns. I'm guessing his supporters will be highly motivated through the next election, then they will go quiet, not really caring anymore because their investment was in Trump the personality more than anything else. They love that he's an ******* and that he hates the other half of the country like they do.

Once Trump can no longer run, his supporter's anger will be exhausted while the anger on the other side will be unquenchable. We've never had anyone like Trump that truly delights in representing only his base and inciting anger. The desire for retribution will likely tear this country apart.

The debt will be through the roof, farmers, miners and rust belters will be in the same shape or worse, blue states will want full on revenge, refusing to so much as interview a person from a red state while our allies will have started working without us because we can no longer be relied upon.

What does the country look like AFTER TRUMP?
More made up triggered garbage. Nothing in this post about policy. It's always about policy.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:09 PM

15,581 posts, read 4,132,800 times
We get the government we deserve in the end - even if we already have minority rule (this is a fact in MANY ways, including state legislatures, senate as well as the POTUS popular vote)....

But, so be it.

What will I do if Trump is re-elected? I will do exactly what I am doing now.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:13 PM

15,581 posts, read 4,132,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
The end of the United States of America, as we know it.
I'd say that happened when the SCOTUS appointed the brother of a certain state Gov. POTUS....and then was magnified by his horrible reign (wars, recession).....

Basically, with a "youth revolution" it's over. Already.

Old people aren't going to change anything. If the youth get out to vote that will tell the tale. Even with a Dim POTUS it won't change much because McConnel or similar will likely still do the same as always (nothing gets done - ever - and his supporters like it that way)...

It's over. Even believers can see that. Now it's only a question of whether opiates, booze or some other new drug will let us all cope.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:15 PM

29,745 posts, read 15,561,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'd say that happened when the SCOTUS appointed the brother of a certain state Gov. POTUS....and then was magnified by his horrible reign (wars, recession).....

Basically, with a "youth revolution" it's over. Already.

Old people aren't going to change anything. If the youth get out to vote that will tell the tale. Even with a Dim POTUS it won't change much because McConnel or similar will likely still do the same as always (nothing gets done - ever - and his supporters like it that way)...

It's over. Even believers can see that. Now it's only a question of whether opiates, booze or some other new drug will let us all cope.
Science may develop a cure for TDS.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:21 PM

10,504 posts, read 4,206,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
It sure would be great if they could take the extremists from the other side along with them. Then the rest of us could get to work putting the country back together again.
Amen. Can we normal people just prevail, please?

The normal republicans and democrats have typically been able to get along, and have made our country function quite well.

Can the weirdos please just pipe down and find another hobby besides fighting each OTHER all the time?

Old 07-17-2019, 07:23 PM

17,917 posts, read 19,878,542 times
But, but the polls! /End sarcasm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or