Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 04:32 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times

Advertisements

In my view, Trump will be re-elected and after five more years of this, he will walk away leaving a burning rubble behind him. The cyclical economy will stall at some point and based on the Senate map, the GOP will likely lose control in 2022. Democrats will delight in not giving Trump a SCJ during his last two years and Trump will lose it.

As Trump walks away, the country will be on the brink of civil war with both sides hating the other side with the heat of a thousand suns. I'm guessing his supporters will be highly motivated through the next election, then they will go quiet, not really caring anymore because their investment was in Trump the personality more than anything else. They love that he's an ******* and that he hates the other half of the country like they do.

Once Trump can no longer run, his supporter's anger will be exhausted while the anger on the other side will be unquenchable. We've never had anyone like Trump that truly delights in representing only his base and inciting anger. The desire for retribution will likely tear this country apart.

The debt will be through the roof, farmers, miners and rust belters will be in the same shape or worse, blue states will want full on revenge, refusing to so much as interview a person from a red state while our allies will have started working without us because we can no longer be relied upon.

What does the country look like AFTER TRUMP?

Last edited by Seacove; 07-17-2019 at 05:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 04:35 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
If Trump is Re-Elected, What Comes Next?
4 more years of whining, screaming and temper tantrums from the perpetually offended liberal children in this country. Better buy some stock in tissues and Play Doh.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:37 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
In my view, Trump will be re-elected and after five more years of this, he will walk away leaving a burning rubble behind him. The cyclical economy will stall at some point and based on the Senate map, the GOP will likely lose control in 2022. Democrats will delight in not giving Trump a SCJ during his last two years and Trump will lose it.

As Trump walks away, the country will be on the brink of civil war with both sides hating the other side with the heat of a thousand suns. I'm guessing his supporters will be highly motivated through the next election, then they will go quiet, not really caring anymore because their investment was in Trump the personality more than anything else. They love that he's an ******* and that he hates the other half of the country like they do.

Once Trump can no longer run, his supporter's anger will be exhausted while the anger on the other side will be unquenchable. We've never had anyone like Trump that truly delights in representing only his base and inciting anger. The desire for retribution will likely tear this country apart.

The debt will be through the roof, farmers, miners and rust belters will be in the same shape or worse, blue states will want full on revenge, refusing to so much as interview a person from a red state while our allies will have started working without us because we can no longer be relied upon.
Conservatives will blame it all on the judgment of God for legalizing gay marriage and having legal abortion and also abandoning our "Judeo-Christian" founding. They will say that Trump was America's "last chance" from God and that we as a nation blew it. Growing up in church, it was preached over and over again that if same-sex marriage was ever legalized we'd have a civil war. The way things are going now, I'm thinking they might be right. If Trump loses, I greatly worry about what happens between November 2020 and January 2021.

All this can maybe be avoided if people under 40 get out and vote.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:43 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Conservatives will blame it all on the judgment of God for legalizing gay marriage and having legal abortion and also abandoning our "Judeo-Christian" founding. Growing up in church, it was preached over and over again that if same-sex marriage was ever legalized we'd have a civil war. The way things are going now, I'm thinking they might be right. If Trump loses, I greatly worry about what happens between November 2020 and January 2021.

All this can be avoided if people under 40 get out and vote.
I hope they do; time will tell. I agree regarding the evangelicals. I grew up with the church threatening eternal hell three times a week. My dad refused to go because he said the same ones saying that were at the bar Sunday afternoon. I used to think that was harsh but after watching evangelicals support Trump, he was probably right. Interesting though, the idea that the result will be blamed on the "sinners", I could see that.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:45 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
4 more years of whining, screaming and temper tantrums from the perpetually offended liberal children in this country. Better buy some stock in tissues and Play Doh.
As well as the unpatriotic, irresponsible and immature liberal-biased media. . . . 24/7 nonstop.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:48 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,331,765 times
When Trump wins re-election, the Left will go absolutely hysterical.

If a Civil War does start, they will be the ones that fire the first shot. Expect to see a lot of veiled and not so veiled threats to this effect from them in the days and weeks before the election, as a last ditch effort. Basically hoping we vote Trump out so they DON'T riot.

Of course that's the best way to make sure Trump DOES win.

And illegal immigration will be the catalyst, not gay marriage.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:50 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I hope they do; time will tell. I agree regarding the evangelicals. I grew up with the church threatening eternal hell three times a week. My dad refused to go because he said the same ones saying that were at the bar Sunday afternoon. I used to think that was harsh but after watching evangelicals support Trump, he was probably right. Interesting though, the idea that the result will be blamed on the "sinners", I could see that.
And what comes next is what is truly frightening. I think this is when we'll see localized 'Handmaid's Tale' style authoritarian regimes that are all but prison states throughout the former Confederate states. I think joining Canada will be a debate for many northern states at that point but ultimately the US will remain, just without much of the South. I think red states will be fine with their own religious dictatorships and won't try to conquer blue states unless given a reason to.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:53 PM

4,542 posts, read 3,741,311 times
America will be even more divided thanks to a president who makes nothing but stupid, divisive and arrogant comments all day. Also, white supremacists have never been so happy.

FBI has seen significant rise in white supremacist domestic terrorism in recent months

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/23/polit...ror/index.html

Old 07-17-2019, 04:54 PM

17,614 posts, read 6,894,659 times
What comes next?

Hopefully a lot of one-way fares purchased by extremist liberals to move to the places they like more than the United States, which seems to be anywhere but the United States.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:56 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
If trump is re-elected, the senate remains majority republican, and if republicans regain majority in the house, citizens will probably see infrastructure, immigration, and health care bills passed by congress and signed by the president. I also expect America will not become engaged in any wars and progress will be made in the middle east towards peace.

I also expect new, more equitable trade deals struck with america's trading partners that will greatly benefit American workers.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-17-2019 at 06:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies