Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 09:30 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
All races have racists. There is a lot of racism against whites today, and the SJW crowd/media/entertainment industry glosses over or even actively participates in it. What is your point?
Colleges are running entire courses entitled “the problem with whiteness”, some colleges are even trying to make these course mandatory. Anti-white racism is rampant, and way more socially acceptable than anti-black racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 09:34 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,564,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Colleges are running entire courses entitled “the problem with whiteness”, some colleges are even trying to make these course mandatory. Anti-white racism is rampant, and way more socially acceptable than anti-black racism.
Exactly. University of Kansas is even offering an "Angry White Male Studies" class this fall. Didn't see any of their other classes singling out a specific demographic. Wonder why? Agenda much?

Old 07-17-2019, 09:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Who cares who flies it? It’s a symbol of freedom, rebellion against tyranny. It has nothing to do with race.
Except those that waved the Gadsden flag since 2008, have been largely racist, if not xenophobic. The use was by Zeb Culter types. There was a racist contingent of the TEA Party Movement. The TEA Party used this flag during their protests against Obama. I thought this was known.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:44 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Lefties hate our current flag but they haven’t come out of the closet entirely on that one yet. It wont stop there either.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Except those that waved the Gadsden flag since 2008, have been largely racist, if not xenophobic. The use was by Zeb Culter types. There was a racist contingent of the TEA Party Movement. The TEA Party used this flag during their protests against Obama. I thought this was known.
Protesting Obama doesn’t make you racist, wanting a secure border(something that Obama campaigned on, something that the unions have been clamoring for for decades)doesn’t make you a racist. You’re going to dilute the word to the point where it’s meaningless.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:49 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Because a few idiots use symbols of this country, it should be construed that anyone using it is a racist? Is this the argument you are making? "Largely" is highly incorrect.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:53 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The Gadsden flag is flown almost exclusively by white guys. Ironic.
So you’re going to just let them have it? What if they start carrying the rainbow flag around? Will you abandon that to them?

Old 07-17-2019, 09:57 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Well, when I was in college, I worked part time at one of those "all girls" hair salon near the Marine Corps base in California. lol

I saw quite a few Marines worn that shirt and they even gave me one as a gift, along with the "Hot Girls Date A Marine" t shirt. =)

People think too much, always look for something that is not there. So pathetic.

Learn something about the history of that flag, knowledge is power. Try Yoga and try to relax.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Because a few idiots use symbols of this country, it should be construed that anyone using it is a racist? Is this the argument you are making? "Largely" is highly incorrect.
I don't think it was a few idiots. I know that there are non-racist TEA Party members but I think a good number were. To act like there wasn't more than "a few idiots" using the symbol, is ignorant. It is like saying the Rebel flag wasn't used as antagonizing for African-Americans, especially in the last 10 years.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:04 PM

How can advocating for freedom, limited government make you racist? The greatest opporessor in human history, including racial oppression, has been government. Its not my fault if black people are unaware of what the flag means. Maybe we should do a better job of teaching kids history in school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies