U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 03:53 PM

14,274 posts, read 11,668,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I saw the Naval version on a ship in San Diego, pretty cool.

The Navy also has a uniform patch with that flag in subdued and in color. Ran into some Navy types in Wal Mart in Fallon here in uniform with that patch. I want one! Or two or three color and subdued. The gal I talked to about it said it's a general service insignia. Not unit specific. Everybody has it. I LIKE IT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 06:28 PM

27,409 posts, read 15,827,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
It seems to be beyond many Republicans, though.

If people like their symbols so much, call out racists when they co-opt it, whether it is the Gadsden Flag, the Betsy Ross Flag, the swastika, or Pepe the Frog.

I'm surprised Republicans even care about this anymore. Is anyone a Tea Partier in 2019? Trump has treaded on all of those ideas.
Here is the thing, the Pepe and Mac Tonight WERE attacked by the left as soon as they notified people. Any remaining McDonald's with Mac removed them and the Peep creator sent out cease and desist orders. The Betsy Ross flag was talked about in 2016, Kaepernick however made it known to everyone. The Swastikas was regulated to Neo Nazis and the IKA groups. The Gadsden flag though I thought was known as a TEA Party icon but I don't know if people put two and two together.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:30 PM

27,409 posts, read 15,827,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Proof or you are making it up because it fits your view. The First Navy Jack has flown on US warships for decades. Racist too I suppose?
No it was the Gadsden in the gold. I'm wondering if Pratt had it based on the First Navy Jack...

Old 07-18-2019, 06:35 PM

4,671 posts, read 1,234,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No it was the Gadsden in the gold. I'm wondering if Pratt had it based on the First Navy Jack...
The words and sentiment are the same no matter what background color or pose of the timber rattler. I will not allow racists to co-op symbols and I will certainly stand up to those with their broad brushes denigrating millions of fellow Americans with cries of racism where none exists.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:37 PM

5,595 posts, read 4,360,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If you've read the history of that flag, you would know there is NOTHING racist about this flag.
You are asking them to read and research instead of spouting the typical knee-jerk racist label. Thatís really asking a lot.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or