Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 06:25 AM

29,946 posts, read 18,506,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The Gadsden flag is flown almost exclusively by white guys. Ironic.
Hmmmmm................... I have flown the Gadsden flag over my farm for over 10 years, 24/7. There are a couple of black guys I know (one a former patient) who fish on my pond and they don't seem to mind. They throw most back, but stay the evening in my house there and grill the few that they keep. I usually get photos sent to my phone of the occasion. The hunters who hunt there do the same- they are local white guys and two guys from Idaho (Mormons). The place is a great retreat- a stone lodge made from an old barn with nice leather furniture and knotty pine paneling inside, 4 bedrooms, kitchen, three bathrooms. Really "roughing it"; I can only get there a couple of times a year anymore so I let other people use it- they clean it and do the laundry and take good care of the place, so it is a win-win. The local hunters mow the yard.

I have, on occasions, flown the "Liberty and Union" flag sometimes (red with a Brit flag in the corner and the words in the center). I believe that was actually the first American flag.

No Confederate flags- I am a Yankee (although I don't like the baseball team- Cubs all the way).

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 07-18-2019 at 06:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 06:34 AM

28,938 posts, read 14,281,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Well, the SJWs/PC police are at it again. Now they are calling the Gadsden flag ("Don't tread on me") racist and white supremacist. Who would have thunk the SJWs/PC police would call something they disagree with racist or white supremacist?

And even more unsurprisingly, they are going after a straight white male for wearing a t-shirt of the Gadsden flag. Chris Pratt, have fun dealing with your Hollyweird pals with this one.

What will the PC thought control police look to ban next by calling racist and white supremacist?

Is this one more PC ?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/08...g?v=1512081581

Old 07-18-2019, 06:36 AM

14,888 posts, read 9,972,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
No one cares. The irony is white guys worrying about being treaded on.
White men can't be discriminated against right?

Old 07-18-2019, 06:59 AM

19,493 posts, read 9,030,100 times
(SMH at myself) --

Now I get why it would be offensive to some non-whites if a white person wore it, although I think it would be more threatening than racist (jmo) -- but by "threatening", I mean by 'giving notice' that those who wear such shirts are not willing to take the abuse that has been heaped on them by some others. Yes, I think it might be provoking to some people (and I personally would not wear such a shirt), but I can understand many whites being frustrated by so many people hating and disrespecting them simply because of the color of their skin.

(I would think that many blacks could certainly understand that frustration, too, btw. Actually, I think that shirt could by anyone who wants to give that message, and not just whites!)

On Edit: I just read or skimmed the other posts on this thread, and I now realize that wearing the shirt with the slogan on an American flag might not have anything at all to do with racism, but might simply be an expression of "standing up" for the U.S. -- in other words, it could be taken as simply being patriotic.

Last edited by katharsis; 07-18-2019 at 07:31 AM..

Old 07-18-2019, 07:06 AM

19,493 posts, read 9,030,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
I'm surprised that the Left hasn't denounced angel food cake for it's "offensive religious overtones"
Wait for it.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:17 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,457,482 times
The Gadsden Flag carries hefty American history behind it. It’s unfortunate that Tea Party members once tried to co-opt it; but that shouldn’t deflect from its role in our history. It means a lot to a lot of Americans, who I’m pretty sure think you can all go suck an egg if you don’t like it.

“Don’t tread on me” is a phrase more relevant now than ever before.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:34 AM

34,123 posts, read 18,373,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
The Gadsden Flag carries hefty American history behind it. It’s unfortunate that Tea Party members once tried to co-opt it; but that shouldn’t deflect from its role in our history. It means a lot to a lot of Americans, who I’m pretty sure think you can all go suck an egg if you don’t like it.

“Don’t tread on me” is a phrase more relevant now than ever before.
Don't believe what the MEDIA says about the Tea Party. TEA = Taxed Enough Already. That's it. The movement was about lower taxes, and less government spending and intrusion.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:38 AM

18,131 posts, read 15,525,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Well, the SJWs/PC police are at it again. Now they are calling the Gadsden flag ("Don't tread on me") racist and white supremacist. Who would have thunk the SJWs/PC police would call something they disagree with racist or white supremacist?

And even more unsurprisingly, they are going after a straight white male for wearing a t-shirt of the Gadsden flag. Chris Pratt, have fun dealing with your Hollyweird pals with this one.

What will the PC thought control police look to ban next by calling racist and white supremacist?

EVERYTHING is racist to these wackaloons anymore. The Gadsden was actually the first American flag. There were others like the Liberty Tree but the Gadsden was pretty much it until Old Glory came around. I have both versions of the Gadsden. My favorite is the Naval Jack version. It is still in use today with the US Navy and is flown astern by ships that have been in combat when coming into port.

Racist. Whatever. Having to take a dump in the morning or peeing in the shower is racist anymore with these daffy leftists. They are constantly on the lookout for something to be offended by and the more American the thing that causes offense the better. They are really big on tearing at our historical symbols.

It started with the Confederate Battle Flag and when that garnered success they just pulled out the stops. I own a bullwhip that I practice with and use occasionally moving cattle, (No, I don't hit the animals with it. It's just for noise) and Gadsden flags, and the whip hangs on my wall with my rope. As in Lariat. Oh the HORROR!! I must be a flaming racist!!

When EVERYTHING is viewed through the context of skin tone looking for "offensive" connotations all sorts of things can be imagined. They will be going after our current national flag soon just watch. They will want it replaced with that rainbow rag or something similar. It won't be long before we see something like that put out. It's coming.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:42 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,896,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Don't believe what the MEDIA says about the Tea Party. TEA = Taxed Enough Already. That's it. The movement was about lower taxes, and less government spending and intrusion.
I've said the same thing with the problem coming on when people like Sarah Palin hijacked the movement for her own gain.

Palin comes from the same sad place as Trump.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:42 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,903,005 times
The flag isn't racist, but the racists sure love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies