U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 07:20 AM

33,386 posts, read 20,166,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And therein lies the problem.
A problem indeed

If the "racist" started to fly American flag, then what?

I know a guy who told me that he knew who is the Donald Trump supporter here in California. If they display American flag in front of their house, chances are they are Trump supporters.

I have American flag in front of my house, and I am a Trump voter, lol, he is at least right about that.

My future in-laws have American flag in front of their house too, and they hate Trump. lol

They can claim flag is just a flag all they want, I think we all know that flag means a LOT. Truth is flag means different things to different people. Just because people fly a certain flag, doesn't mean they are automatically "something".

Like I posted earlier, a wise man once told me, "You cannot be held accountable for something else's feelings"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 07:27 AM

79,555 posts, read 33,741,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
A problem indeed

I know a guy who told me that he knew who is the Donald Trump supporter here in California. If they display American flag in front of their house, chances are they are Trump supporters.

I have American flag in front of my house, and I am a Trump voter, lol, he is at least right about that.

My future in-laws have American flag in front of their house too, and they hate Trump. lol

They can claim flag is just a flag all they want, I think we all know that flag means a LOT. Truth is flag means different things to different people. Just because people fly a certain flag, doesn't mean they are automatically "something".
You are making a vast generalization based in some fact. I find the Trump supporters that fly it something I do not understand. The flag represents the more Libertarian aspect of humanity. I don't really want to say political as politics are little more than hypocrisy personified.

Libertarians are going to actually be the group to support open borders.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:30 AM

30,373 posts, read 16,677,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Well, the SJWs/PC police are at it again. Now they are calling the Gadsden flag ("Don't tread on me") racist and white supremacist. Who would have thunk the SJWs/PC police would call something they disagree with racist or white supremacist?

And even more unsurprisingly, they are going after a straight white male for wearing a t-shirt of the Gadsden flag. Chris Pratt, have fun dealing with your Hollyweird pals with this one.

What will the PC thought control police look to ban next by calling racist and white supremacist?
That's as bad as calling the Betsy Ross (an abolitionist) flag, 'racist!'

Old 07-18-2019, 07:30 AM
Status: "Hey I thought this was the train to Margaritaville?" (set 1 day ago)

11,880 posts, read 15,533,729 times
Quote:
I believe, much like the "rebel" flag - which was actually the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia, not any sort of flag representing the entire Confederacy - I believe the issue lies with how it is being (mis)used in recent history, not the historical roots of the flags per se.

I could be wrong, though.
No you're right. It was misappropriated incorrectly by some folks, originally 2A zealots and preppers, and has morphed into yet another 'symbol' of RWNJ retardedness.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:31 AM

30,373 posts, read 16,677,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The Gadsden flag is flown almost exclusively by white guys. Ironic.
Oh, please.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:32 AM

23,684 posts, read 17,640,506 times
To the left, any failure to goosestep with the a left-wing agenda is "racist."

Old 07-18-2019, 07:36 AM

18,057 posts, read 8,950,715 times
Now, even the original thirteen star American Flag is being considered "Racist" by the Left. Soon, our current American Flag will be called racist as racial prejudice was still around during its existence.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:37 AM

8,878 posts, read 7,989,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Wrong

I love when people who aren't gun owners chime in on "everything" about gun owners. But then, that's probably a theme for them about everything, aka self proclaimed know it alls.

The poster you quoted said "white guys" not "gun owners".

I will say that, based on my experience, the flag is displayed/worn/whatever by white dudes in the VAST majority if cases. To include VA license plates with that motif - I've worked M-F in VA for nearly three years now.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:40 AM

8,878 posts, read 7,989,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
A problem indeed

Like I posted earlier, a wise man once told me, "You cannot be held accountable for something else's feelings"

When folks don't speak out against the misappropriation (and even sometimes when they do), this is what happens. Sad but true. The swastika is certainly the most famous example.

I fly an American flag, too.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:41 AM

14,274 posts, read 11,668,012 times
Quote:
I believe, much like the "rebel" flag - which was actually the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia, not any sort of flag representing the entire Confederacy - I believe the issue lies with how it is being (mis)used in recent history, not the historical roots of the flags per se.

I could be wrong, though.

There were a LOT of various Confederate flags. An you are correct. The "Blood Banner" battle flag was never a national flag. There were three different Confederate national flags. Texas outfits flew Bonny Blue as a battle flag and all the different state outfits had unique flags as well.

The Klan adopted the 14 star Victoria battle flag after the war and therein lies its infamy. It is the most recognizable Confederate symbol now and many make the mistake of thinking it was the national flag. It has now been hijacked by quite a few racist groups. Even the Hitler humpers fly it now. It rankles me to see it flown alongside Nazi rags. They fly Old Glory that way to. It's disgusting and something I'm willing to get to fighting about.

Yea, these leftist moon bats will be going after every flag ever flown in the US before it's over. They will want Old Glory replaced and will want to make it a federal crime to fly anything but what they approve of. The rainbow rag is a likely candidate for what they will want to see as our national flag. They have already tried to make inroads towards that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or