U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 07:44 AM

33,386 posts, read 20,166,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
There were a LOT of various Confederate flags. An you are correct. The "Blood Banner" battle flag was never a national flag. There were three different Confederate national flags. Texas outfits flew Bonny Blue as a battle flag and all the different state outfits had unique flags as well.

The Klan adopted the 14 star Victoria battle flag after the war and therein lies its infamy. It is the most recognizable Confederate symbol now and many make the mistake of thinking it was the national flag. It has now been hijacked by quite a few racist groups. Even the Hitler humpers fly it now. It rankles me to see it flown alongside Nazi rags. They fly Old Glory that way to. It's disgusting and something I'm willing to get to fighting about.

Yea, these leftist moon bats will be going after every flag ever flown in the US before it's over. They will want Old Glory replaced and will want to make it a federal crime to fly anything but what they approve of. The rainbow rag is a likely candidate for what they will want to see as our national flag. They have already tried to make inroads towards that.
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 07:44 AM

8,878 posts, read 7,989,700 times
Quote:
There were a LOT of various Confederate flags. An you are correct. The "Blood Banner" battle flag was never a national flag. There were three different Confederate national flags. Texas outfits flew Bonny Blue as a battle flag and all the different state outfits had unique flags as well.

The Klan adopted the 14 star Victoria battle flag after the war and therein lies its infamy. It is the most recognizable Confederate symbol now and many make the mistake of thinking it was the national flag. It has now been hijacked by quite a few racist groups. Even the Hitler humpers fly it now. It rankles me to see it flown alongside Nazi rags. They fly Old Glory that way to. It's disgusting and something I'm willing to get to fighting about.

Agreed. It's sad and unfortunate, but it's reality.

Quote:
Yea, these leftist moon bats will be going after every flag ever flown in the US before it's over. They will want Old Glory replaced and will want to make it a federal crime to fly anything but what they approve of. The rainbow rag is a likely candidate for what they will want to see as our national flag. They have already tried to make inroads towards that.
We'll agree to disagree on this bit.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:45 AM

1,570 posts, read 314,776 times
Quote:

The rainbow flag and the Mexican flag are apparently acceptable to our friends on the left.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:45 AM
Status: "You are only coming through in waves." (set 3 days ago)

8,124 posts, read 3,182,518 times
First they came for the Confederate flag, then they came for the Betsy Ross flag, now they come for the Gadsden flag, next they will come for the standard American flag. They can only get away with it if we let them get away with it.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:46 AM

18,047 posts, read 8,950,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The rainbow flag and the Mexican flag are apparently acceptable to our friends on the left.
Not just accepted. PREFERRED. They are Globalists that want Open Borders and the destruction of American Sovereignty.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:48 AM

33,386 posts, read 20,166,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
First they came for the Confederate flag, then they came for the Betsy Ross flag, now they come for the Gadsden flag, next they will come for the standard American flag. They can only get away with it if we let them get away with it.
With this craziness going on in this country, I won't be surprised American flag would be next.

They will just claim that, "American flag has no place in government building, but you can still feel free to fly it in your own house."

Old 07-18-2019, 07:59 AM

79,555 posts, read 33,741,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
With this craziness going on in this country, I won't be surprised American flag would be next.

They will just claim that, "American flag has no place in government building, but you can still feel free to fly it in your own house."
With Trump will that not make sense? Does the American Flag represent the idea of "Go back where you came from"? Why are we so OK with Trump turning the flag into something it has never represented?

Old 07-18-2019, 08:03 AM

1,437 posts, read 344,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
With Trump will that not make sense? Does the American Flag represent the idea of "Go back where you came from"? Why are we so OK with Trump turning the flag into something it has never represented?
Trump hasn't turned the flag into anything

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-18-2019 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: name calling

Old 07-18-2019, 08:03 AM

14,274 posts, read 11,668,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

I'm surprised that we haven't seen groups like ANTIFA flying the old former Soviet hammer and sickle. It represents what they are all about. When Obama got elected there were some "students" waving that flag around at a demonstration at the White House. I find that scary that any American citizen finds inspiration in that flag.

I mean...really? A flag that symbolized the reigns of guys like Stalin and Lenin? To me that's no better than the Nazi flag. The brutal oppression and genocide that happened under that flag was just as bad, probably worse actually, than what happened in Nazi Germany. Stalin was an absolute butcher, rivaled only by Mao in the sheer number of people he exterminated.

And here are these leftist types proudly waving it and calling the Gadsden racist? These hypocritical contradictions just amaze me at times.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:08 AM

79,555 posts, read 33,741,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Trump hasn't turned the flag into anything you PATHETIC contrarian!
I make an argument, you reply with name calling. It makes me understand the attraction to Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or